RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Colour Change Wraps v Buying a car in the colour you want!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

WillP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Colour Change Wraps v Buying a car in the colour you want!

Hi All

Just after the general consensus on colour change vehicle wrapping...

I've had my Zermatt Silver RRS for about 6 months now and I can't help wishing I'd waited until a Santorini Black one came into the stealers Big Cry

I got a great deal on this one and kind of impulse bought it, but each time I see them in black I just think they look really cool.

So, my quandary is, do I fork out £1200 ish and have it changed to black (I may keep roof silver as I saw another Members car had that and it looked really good) or do I chop it into the stealer for a black one?

What are your thoughts, appreciate any input!

If anyone knows a good wrapping company in Essex, then that would be good too.

Cheers

Will MY2011 TDV6 HSE Privacy Glass, Sunroof, TV, sidesteps, Hawke stainless tips - Now gone
MY2015 Jaguar XE R Sport, Black Pack - Company Car
2014 BMW M5 F10 4.4 V8 Twin turbo

Post #435089 Wed Sep 03 2014 4:52pm
Andyjay123

My mate wrapped his car and said he would never do it again . He used to get tears from people nudging him when parked and it drove him mad having to repair all the time

Post #435097 Wed Sep 03 2014 5:17pm
PEACHY

England 

Nearly wrapped my Java Black - Orkney Grey - same predicament as you - the general consensus was if your gonna go to the expense & trouble then It should be a totally non standard colour Thumbs Up

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic36247.html

I'd try & purchase the right colour - black is the best colour if you can keep it clean - after Orkney Grey Whistle 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #435100 Wed Sep 03 2014 5:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cooperm28

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

i had the same "issue" if you can call it that, Got myself a nice Zermatt Silver RRS, spec wise it was perfect but i always wanted it in White!

Looked at a few places also in Essex and realised for the £1500 its a basic solid colour wrap, most places don't include the door shuts etc for that price so id be forever opening the white door onto silver shuts, shuts etc is well over 2k!

The zermatt silver RRS moved on and in the mean time i got a little Audi A1 S-Line runabout in WHITE, decided to get the roof and mirrors wrapped gloss black…..Big mistake! It just isnt the same quality, finish or durability as paint!

Gone a long way about it but now I'm in a White RRS!! i

If your budget allows id recommend going for the factory coloured preference over wrapping!

Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep Sheep

Post #435106 Wed Sep 03 2014 5:56pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

As white lorries are worth four times what a blue lorry is second hand, ordered a white one and got it wrapped blue. Looked ok for about a week, now it is bubbling and few stone chips have turned into rips as wind works on it.
I wouldn't ever wrap anything, the guy who did lorry was supposed to be best in the business but obviously the product is crap according to him.
It's back in to get the front re-done this week and then sign written again, pain in the butt. I would think long and hard before doing it again Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #435144 Wed Sep 03 2014 11:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1