RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Ordered!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 32 <123 45 ... 303132>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I was in a local LR dealership a couple of weeks ago and the salesman appeared fairly clueless about the vehicles in front of him. Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #445166 Fri Dec 12 2014 8:50pm
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Mark very tempted but only do about 3-4k per year and have decided to change every September so I'm going to stick to similar spec as current car well up to now .
Bob the salesman who I was talking to today has been selling LR products for years and he is usually on the ball if you look on configuration you can only order sliding roof on HSE dynamic and above and the HSE can only be ordered with the fixed roof so looks like he is right but who knows with LR .

Mark he also said that LR seem to be supplying the SVR in the order that they have received them from the dealers and also that supply was going to be 10 made a week or a month apologies I'm not sure which he said now sorry but I hope you all get some positive news soon . 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #445167 Fri Dec 12 2014 8:53pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Acc to the config site the sliding roof can be ordered on the HSE non dynamic with TDV6/SDV6 engines.

Post #445169 Fri Dec 12 2014 9:22pm
peanutbob

Hmm, perhaps mea culpa. Seems to be two config sites - en_gb/1494 which has the prices and fixed roof and en_xi/1494 which does not have the prices and lists TDV6 and SDV6 plus sliding roofs, + SE version.
Which country is xi?

Post #445172 Fri Dec 12 2014 9:42pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

viper wrote:
Mark he also said that LR seem to be supplying the SVR in the order that they have received them from the dealers and also that supply was going to be 10 made a week or a month apologies I'm not sure which he said now sorry but I hope you all get some positive news soon .

Yes, this is what JLR are saying. 

Post #445173 Fri Dec 12 2014 10:06pm
philmw

peanutbob wrote:
Hmm, perhaps mea culpa. Seems to be two config sites - en_gb/1494 which has the prices and fixed roof and en_xi/1494 which does not have the prices and lists TDV6 and SDV6 plus sliding roofs, + SE version.
Which country is xi?

That's the 'generic' site. Still, the GB one is wrong in places too. 

Post #445174 Fri Dec 12 2014 10:08pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

That number "10" is of course confusing - we don't know whether that's per week or per month (probably per week) and whether that's total SVR production or SVR production for the UK.

My dealer says my order went in on the 27th and I certainly hope there isn't some sort of race where dealers getting their orders in at 08:30 get their cars in February, if you were late out of bed it's in to 2016.

The value of my Evoque is now heading south very rapidly and I expect it will be worth little more than a set of rubber mats by the time the SVR appears. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #445212 Sat Dec 13 2014 2:31pm
philmw

I was told "The orders are being submitted to build in the order received centrally from the Land Rover retailer network and once assigned to a build slot, the selling retailer is being informed who will in turn contact their customer."

What I have not been told, despite asking numerous times, is what exact time and date they are taking this list from. I do not know whether it was the Firm Expressions of Interest that were asked for in early August, the orders that were able to be made (by my dealer at least) on Monday 24th, or something else. 

Post #445214 Sat Dec 13 2014 3:03pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The process lacks clarity and in spite of Pete telling us dealers would receive cars in turn, it's impossible to know how things will turn out. Hopefully, at some point soon, each of the three of us here with a car on order will have a firm date to work to, or as firm as LR dates ever are, and I speak as someone who had seven dates for my Evoque and it was built/arrived on none of them. Mark

Post #445225 Sat Dec 13 2014 5:45pm
philmw

I feel sorry for my dealer too.

I've just done a quick search and I've sent and received over 200 emails over the past 15 months re ordering an RS/SVR, let alone the texts, phonecalls, visits... 

Post #445241 Sat Dec 13 2014 8:18pm
peanutbob

I ordered a regular AB 3.0 3 weeks ago with estimated delivery date 21st April. Final specs tbc 7 weeks before build.
Presumably if you have had no request for final spec conf then you are min 7 weeks away, but if you have no build slot/month mentioned so far then who knows? At the time of ordering the dealer verbally said that they had ordered a March build which was A ok for me. The dealer has an annual allocation of 60 Sports. I guess this might go back but that's ok.
I don't think expressions of intent mean anything, that was LR deciding whether to put the SVR intro production.

So, no final spec request = min 7 weeks whatever!

Post #445244 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:01pm
philmw

Firm expressions of interest were called for on August 11th. The eBrochure was on the web site on the 13th and the car officially revealed on the 14th. 

Post #445247 Sat Dec 13 2014 9:19pm
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I understand that the London Boat Show will be the next occasion we'll get some more info….

I wouldn't be surprised if thats when we'll all find out about our respective build dates. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #445263 Sun Dec 14 2014 9:22am
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

The idea that LR should use the boat show to reveal more about the SVR seems strange but I've long given up trying to fathom their marketing strategies.

I'd be surprised if any of us hear anything concrete before they all pack up for Christmas. Mark

Post #445327 Mon Dec 15 2014 6:55am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

Not sure which thread to post this into as seems both are similar but I'm very happy to announce that my dealer has got in touch with me with a Build Date!!!

Factory completion date for me is 30 Mar 15 - hopefully it doesn't slip a couple of days to 1st April! I imagine I'll be driving it by mid-April after post build inspections etc. Very happy.

As dealer said though, this is the initial planned build date and many things can change before I actually get the keys! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear the good news. SOLD - 15 plate Estoril SVR

SOLD - 64 plate Aleutian Silver Supercharged

SOLD - 63 plate Corris SDV6 Autobiography

Post #445364 Mon Dec 15 2014 3:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 32 <123 45 ... 303132>