Home > General > Let The Big Clean Commence:2007 RR Sport V8 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

Superclean

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Luxury Arctic Frost
Let The Big Clean Commence:2007 RR Sport V8 HSE

DAY 1

Hi Guys

After waiting quite a few weeks, I have finally found time to start the mini overhaul on my dads Range Rover Sport. The took the car to the overfinch dealership to do all the work, as there will be some minor mods happening to hopefully make the vehicle a little bit nicer.

So the number plates were removed as you can't clean a car properly with them on, and this is what we started with:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

First of all it was time to degrease the inside arches. The vehicle was raised to the highest setting and Meguiars APC was used to clean the inside arches. This was sprayed, aggitated with a brush and rinsed with the jet washer.

Click image to enlarge

Next was to clean the diesel cap and the door shuts. These were both sprayed with APC, aggitated with a brush and rinsed with the jet washer.

Click image to enlarge

Then it was time to give the car a snow foam. For this I pre sprayed tardis where it was needed and then gave the vehicle an entire snow foam. This helped pull tar deposits off as well as the dirt film and dust in the car.

(I would normally clean the wheels first when cleaning a car, but they are being removed and cleaned off the car)

Click image to enlarge

The snow foam was left to dwell for 10 minutes and then given a good rinse off! After this the zaino twins were filled with water, ready to wash the car. Shampoo of choice was swissvax car bath as its very slick, natural and doesnt have too many suds. After the vehicle was washed using the 2bm, the car was given a chemical bath with iron x. This was sprayed on the paint and glass and left for 10 minutes to react.

As you can see this sport needed a chemical bath alot :0

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The vehicle was then re washed with swissvax car bath, rinsed and brought inside for drying. For this is used an elite super plush drying towel and my warm air blower to remove water from all the gaps, shuts, traps etc.

Click image to enlarge

At this point we removed the excess numberplate sticker pads from the bootlid and debadge it too but I seem to forgot to take photos (I'll get them tomorrow) This was completed with Tardis, the heat gun and patience lol.

Once that was complete, it was time to clay all the paint and glass. For this is used Dodo juice gentle grey clay and meguiars last touch for clay lube:

Click image to enlarge

Once this was completed the vehicle was given a thorough ipa wipedown to remove all clay sling and left over silicones that may lay on top of the lacquer. This gives the paint its final decontamination making it super clean and really smooth. This also shows up all the defects that lay upon your lacquer. But thats ok, as we will be correcting the paint as thats the idea of this.

After the vehicle was ipa'ed we decided to make the sport look a little bit newer, by changing all of the bulbs. So the number plate bulbs, all interior bulbs and front sidelights were changed to l.e.d. to remove that old yellow look and replace with a fresh white look. As you can see from the picture below, the difference between the old 501 and the new l.e.d. with resistors built in:

Click image to enlarge

These were the number plate lights after we change them along with all the interior bulbs. After fitting them it is plain to see how much better and newer it makes the car feel.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

After we finished these, we decided to fit the new l.e.d. side lights as they were yellow and the main beams are xenon. I know its like this on most cars, but looks aweful, so we removed the grille and headlights to get to side light. Once we had changed them we decided to try a new grille that we may buy. So this was clipped in and is now shown below. I personally thinks it looks much better and modern then the one that came with the vehicle. As im not in the know and the overfinch sales guy is given me a cash price, how much is this grille worth and how much is a fair price to sell the grille that came with our range rover. Any info would be great guys, so I know weither he is giving us a fair price.

Anyway here is a couple of pictures of the l.e.d sidelights on, with the new grille on.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So that was the end of day one. Tomorrow I will start machine polishing the paint work and we will start the process of re painting the hubs and calipers. Till tomorrow eve guys!

Cheers Mike Always clean.

Post #362193 Wed Nov 07 2012 1:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Morpheus-RRS

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Nice Job... Bow down Dave.
MY12, SDV6, HSE Orkney Grey, Cream leather with contrast stitching, Side steps, Tow bar and electrics, privacy glass.

Post #362194 Wed Nov 07 2012 1:51am
Fatandre

Iceland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Looking amazing.
You planning on maybe changing the rear lights for some more modern Led ones? 91 BMW 850CSI

Post #362195 Wed Nov 07 2012 2:42am

United Kingdom 

Awesome!, been looking forward to seeing this thread, keep up the good work!.

Thumbs Up

Post #362198 Wed Nov 07 2012 8:38am
RRS_PAT

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Car looks great!! Thumbs Up

Where did you get the LEDs from and are they just simple replacements?

Thanks,

Pat 2011 Autobiography Santorini Black

Post #362199 Wed Nov 07 2012 9:15am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Keep up at the back, where have you been Pat http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28635.html Laughing
Car is looking good Mike Thumbs Up

Post #362201 Wed Nov 07 2012 9:31am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Superclean

Cheers guys,

Did anyone have an idea of what this new grille would be worth. Only I don't want to be ripped off and have no idea of prices on rrsport accessories.

Cheers! Always clean.

Post #362203 Wed Nov 07 2012 10:00am
Beancounter_74

England 

Ady 555 wrote:
Keep up at the back, where have you been Pat http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic28635.html Laughing

Laughing seems the LED's are the latest 'craze' on here. Gradually finding a few minutes to go round my car replacing them. They definitely provide a nicer light.

@ Superclean - Great job, looking forward to seeing this as it progresses. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #362204 Wed Nov 07 2012 10:18am
Kensta

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Superclean wrote:
Cheers guys,

Did anyone have an idea of what this new grille would be worth. Only I don't want to be ripped off and have no idea of prices on rrsport accessories.

Cheers!

Have a look on eBay there was some on there a while back wen I was lookin and myt give u an idea how much they go for Java black 2006

Post #362209 Wed Nov 07 2012 10:35am
Kensta

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Spor...4600233b40 Java black 2006

Post #362212 Wed Nov 07 2012 10:43am
Superclean

Kensta wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Range-Rover-Sport-2010-Look-Front-Grille-Finished-in-Brunel-Grey-2005-2009-/300650019648?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4600233b40

Thanks for that bud. He has done the piano black steering wheel @ £250.00 and £160.00 for the grille all in. Which seems like a fair price. Always clean.

Post #362249 Wed Nov 07 2012 2:59pm
saimans

United Kingdom 

A nice finishing touch would be to get the rear parking sensors colour coded. This is always a dead giveaway for retrofit HST bumpers.

Post #362284 Wed Nov 07 2012 6:33pm
spud1234

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Great post on how to do a real clean. Looking forward to the polish tomorrow. Keep them coming. Thumbs Up Spud Smile

Post #362288 Wed Nov 07 2012 6:40pm
Superclean

Yes it's something that will be addressed early next year as it will be having updated side vents with the surrounding colour coded with the slacks painted the same grey as the grille. Then the complete front and rear defuser will be painted the same colour as the new grill too.
Then the front and rear lights are having the 2010 led upgrade and the wheels may be going a satin grey like the grille too but not to sure. The new billet and piano black gear knob comes tomorrow and the piano black steering wheel is being fitted Friday lunchtime Smile

Today's work photos will be up about 10.30 tonight when I'm home:)

Cheers Mike Always clean.

Post #362292 Wed Nov 07 2012 7:37pm
Kensta

That front grill go's well with the wheels Java black 2006

Post #362294 Wed Nov 07 2012 9:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>