RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension&noise problems after turbo replacement&bo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Silverc

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver
Suspension&noise problems after turbo replacement&bo

I recently took my 2008 RRSPORT TDV8 in for a routine service and to get the coolant thermostatic housing replaced. to an independent workshop. While there, I was told that the turbo had blown while on the ramp. They then split the body and replaced the turbo.
when I went to get the car, the suspension wasn't right (the drivers side was 25mm lower than the offside, and the ride height overall was too low). When riding in access mode, the car would almost immediately raise itself back to standard height (as it seemed to be riding too low). They then connected the car to a laptop and offset the suspension settings for each wheel and levelled the car, as well as raising the height of all of the corners by about 10mm to 820mm.
However, now when in access mode, the car is higher, but still raises itself to standard height after a short distance. I did not exceed the speed limit of 25mph, so it didn't raise as a result of that or make the usual warning tones before raising the car.
I also have what sounds like a scuffing noise which is audible intermittently at slow speeds (and seems to change frequency of intervals as the speed increases). The said they had heard a rumbling noise, so replaced the diff. oil, but the noise remains.
Is it possible that the body hasn't been put back on properly? Does the alignment need to be done after this job? I also noticed that although the vehicle is driving straight, the steering wheel is marginally skewed to the right when driving straight.

Any advice would be welcomed!!

Post #426794 Wed Jun 11 2014 8:41am
flack

If your wheel is not straight then it might be the steering angle sensor wants recalibrating, this would give you a suspension error.
Other than that is it re-calibrated correctly. And are all the connectors that they removed for body off on fully.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #426798 Wed Jun 11 2014 9:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Silverc

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Thanks for the reply. Is it straightforward to check the connectors myself, or does it need to go into the workshop? Is there a pic. that helps with this?

Post #426807 Wed Jun 11 2014 10:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1