RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Wheel balance for 22's ??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Lewis

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Wheel balance for 22's ??

I'm having trouble balancing my 22's it's been done twice now but still noticing a slight vibration at 50? also I can hear a rattling/creaking sound from the front end at low speeds around 10 mph. I'm thinking it might need lower arms either that or one of the wheels could be buckled not signs of it though any input would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #428299 Wed Jun 25 2014 10:27am
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

22's will magnify any defect and I've only yet met one person who can balance a wheel correctly!!!! If there are counter balance weights around the rim, take it back and get it done again, should only be weights in one spot on inner and outer of rim. Also sticky weights have habit of coming off especially in warm weather. Thumbs Up 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #428302 Wed Jun 25 2014 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

just had the same issue, my lower arms are goosed, however I had my 22" balanced first, all where out, two by over 100 grams and they had a slight dent in the rim, i put the two best ones on the front and that made a whole lot of difference, howerver if i replace my arms they wont last that long due to the stresses and strains buckled wheels will cause.So in a nutshell i need to replace the wheels before replacing the arms. 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #428968 Mon Jun 30 2014 8:20pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

i went to get my 22's balanced as i was getting a very slight vibration through the steering wheel at 50 / 60 mph. The guy then announced your 2 front wheels are out of shape !, he took me to the balancing machine and just spun the wheel by hand... it was like an egg !. ended up taking them to a alloy wheel repairer who straightened them and rebalanced for 100 quid. Only issue was he used the suspension compressor as a jacking point Big Cry 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #429020 Tue Jul 01 2014 7:00am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1