RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dog Guard + Load Liner Incompatibility
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

futureian

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
Dog Guard + Load Liner Incompatibility

My 06 RRS has a LR rear dog guard fitted (taken from an 05 plate). I have just bought a LR rubber boot liner taken from a 12 plate. The boot liner fits fine without the dog guard. With the dog guard fitted the front metal corners of the liner are too thick to fit under the bottom of the dog guard (and even if they did fit under then the raised rubber contour lines on the boot liner don't match the parts of the dog guard that would make contact). In short the two parts are not compatible. Should I have bought an 05-09 boot liner?

Also - the boot liner is not very "dog friendly." My dog will slide around in the back as he won't get any grip. Is there another accessory I should be looking at or do I need to customise?

Post #413039 Sat Feb 08 2014 12:12am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The 05-09 & the 09-12 rubber mats are exactly the same, with a little fiddling around, you can make it fit, i had the same issue with mine. Whistle I also have a dog and when travalling, it sounds like the dog is tap dancing on the mat so i fitted one of those door mats that you sometimes see outside an office, they also have them on the floor down the fruit & veg isle at you local supermarket Wink (assuming you don't shop at Aldi) Infact ive now taken my dog gaurd out as its not needed anymore.

Post #413043 Sat Feb 08 2014 12:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Dog Guard + Load Liner Incompatibility

futureian wrote:

Also - the boot liner is not very "dog friendly." My dog will slide around in the back as he won't get any grip. Is there another accessory I should be looking at or do I need to customise?

How about a dog bed? Shocked

We put a couple of thin dog rugs in over the top of the rubber mat. They don't slide around and I'm sure they're generally more comfortable with something soft to lie on. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #413045 Sat Feb 08 2014 1:26am
futureian

Dog Bed - Yes, that's what I used yesterday. On my last car I bought a "grippy" piece of carpet and cut it to size.

Post #413075 Sat Feb 08 2014 12:02pm
futureian

Ady - What kind of fiddling about? The dog brackets (one each side) are held in place onto the floor via the chrome hex bolts that are in the boot. The knurled wheel (one each side) passes through the vertical slot in the dog guard and into the hole in the bracket. These vertical slots give you some variation in the actual height of the dog guard but not enough. The two tubular parts of the dog guard that sit on the floor end up sitting on the top of the metal corners of the boot liner (and in this position the dog guard is so high up that the vertical slots in the dog guard are completely above the hole in the bracket and therefore you cannot screw in the knurled wheel).

Post #413078 Sat Feb 08 2014 12:34pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Iirc you have to cut metal corners off boot mat when fitting dog gaurd - take a look on topix accessories fitting guide Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #413101 Sat Feb 08 2014 2:39pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Arent there some load liners that are compatible with the dog guard? There are for the discovery Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #413102 Sat Feb 08 2014 2:42pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topix/co...tabs=false Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #413103 Sat Feb 08 2014 2:46pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Futureian, all i can remember is that after fiddling around i somehow managed to get it to fit. I know it was tight though. I'm not sure if i sat the dog gaurd on the metal corner plates or not. It was nearly two years ago. As suggested, just cut the metal edge trims off. Wink

Post #413109 Sat Feb 08 2014 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
futureian

Thanks for all the replies. In particular to muddywheels for the link. Now where's that stanley knife......
Thumbs Up

Post #413119 Sat Feb 08 2014 6:31pm
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

I had both of these in mine. The dog guard was blamed for forcing the sides apart allowing load cover to drop into boot. The liner never fitted and bent itself to shape around bottom dog guard mountings but it kept dog hair off carpet and I bought a waterproof dog mattress from Mole Valley Farmers to cover the corners Thumbs Up it does actually say in the extras booklet that the load liner and dog guard are not compatible Whistle 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #413125 Sat Feb 08 2014 7:50pm
Michael calvert

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Nara Bronze

the boot liner i have just bought (the tight Yorkshire man - ebay non LR one) has lipped edges but comes with a carpet inlay that's fitted so the dog and sandwich box wont go sliding across the boot floor

im just in the process of sourcing a dog guard, more for load protection than the dog jumping through

Post #413625 Wed Feb 12 2014 10:23am
East Coast Sport

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Anyone looking for dog guard / boot liner google ' boot buddy' and get one from them. I have one with the clear perspex divider which also stops the hair coming into the main cabin. I then fit the LR boot liner on top of the whole thing.

Works a treat, then just stick an old dog bed on top and mutts dont slip around. Thumbs Up As recommended by Buddy and Murphy

Click image to enlarge
 2017 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
2015 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus Silver.
2013 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Ebony Premium Oxford Leather, Privacy Glass

Post #413631 Wed Feb 12 2014 10:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1