Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Faults at speed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alanp69

Ireland 
Faults at speed

Hi ,
This is my first post as I have just joined the forum & I need help !!
My problem is this ..... I own a RRS TDV6 and when I accelerate and get up to about 120kmh the dash lights up like a fruit machine and I get the following warnings Transmission Fault limited gears available,Suspension Lowered , park brake fault & HDC fault system not available , Sad the car then goes into F on the display and your down to about 5 kmh . If I stop apply the park brake turn off the ignition take out the key , wait about 15 seconds and restart everything is fine but if you accelerate from about 80 kmh the same happens again ? It's not at a certain rev range as it'll accelerate upto about 80kmh through the gears fine its just at a certain speed it cuts out and the faults are displayed . I had a problem with poor idle recently and the injectors were sent away for cleaning and checking and after they were fitted it ran perfect and displayed no fault codes when checked so we assumed all was well , there was however a smell of fuel at idle and after it was turned off , when I took it back to the garage they said it was showing a low fuel pressure code and a park brake fault . They replaced the fuel filter and said there was a lot of Censored in the old filter and I was to drive it for a day or two and report back , within the hour the same problems had happened again Big Cry
The garage have asked me to run the fuel down low and then bring it back in , presumably there planing on draining the tank & cleaning ? What I'm really after here is a bit of advice/help/Info or all of the above that I may be able to pass on the garage, and is this most likely to be a fuel issue or something electrical ??
All help greatly received as my wallet is taking a battering !!!

Cheers

Alan.

Post #387230 Thu Jun 27 2013 10:55pm
alanp69

Ireland 

DRDILL wrote:
I had this fault and a new fuel pump fixed it, but it could be many other things too. It's a common scenario caused by different things.

Thanks for the reply Wink my gut feeling is telling me its fuel related seeing as one of the faults that showed was low fuel pressure and the filter was replaced and still the same , how much out of interest was the new fuel pump ?

Post #387263 Fri Jun 28 2013 12:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1