Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Mobile phone power off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

viella

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Mobile phone power off

Hello All,

I would like to collect some feedbacks and opinions on this subject before I contact my dealer. Any input is appreciated!

I got a Nokia 6100 fitted to my car last week. I'm using the standard PTI feature with the craddle under the lid between the front seats (above the cool box). Everything works fine and I can access both the call register and the phone book from the mobile phone or more precisely from the SIM card.

I noticed that the phone stays on when the car is shut off. This is cumbersome because when I'm not in the car, I want to receive my calls on my Blackberry and therefore the Nokia in the car has to be logged off from the network/powered off. Of course, I could manually switch the phone off but I would like this to happen automatically.

How is your (cable) integration working using the standard LR PTI system? Is your phone powered off or does it remain on when you shut down the car?

Thanks

PS: Not sure if Blackberry bashing is helpful here .... Embarassed Smile Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

--------------------------------------
TdV6 HSE Zermatt silver, Ebony/Rhodium interior, PTI, Cooler, Tasmods... just nice

Post #43913 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:05pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The phone does stay on unless you manually switch it off - you can use the on/off button on the dash! (I think) 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #43914 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:09pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

What I do is that all calls come to my Blackberry, if that is not answered calls are diverted to my phone in the car, if they arn't answered the calls are then diverted to the Blacberry's voicemail! Works for me! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #43916 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:11pm
viella

Thanks VA!

Yes, I can switch it off on the dash but would prefer not doing that.

Blackberry and Nokia have the same phone numbers (dual SIM cards). Therefore only one can be active in the nw at the time. That's why I would like the phone in the car to be shut off when I don't drive.

I might revert to your solution I there is no other option. This would mean that I have to get a 2nd mobile phone number.... not really nice, though. Confused Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

TdV6 HSE Zermatt silver, Ebony/Rhodium interior, PTI, Cooler, Tasmods... just nice

Post #43925 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:28pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

That's interesting because my service provider told me that the Blackberry & another normal phone could not share numbers because of the email feature! They might be talking rubbish though and if so I want the system you have. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #43929 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:31pm
viella

Very Annoyed wrote:
That's interesting because my service provider told me that the Blackberry & another normal phone could not share numbers because of the email feature! They might be talking rubbish though and if so I want the system you have.

My guess is that it depends if you use the email feature from your provider or if your company has a so-called Blackberry Enterprise Server connected to RIMs service. We have the latter and therefore I have only the data services option enabled on my SIM. Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

Post #43939 Wed Jul 05 2006 12:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1