Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Site News & Feedback > Solving issues with forum login
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 
Solving issues with forum login

Although not a common problem, issues with getting logged into the site are extremely frustrating so here are a few pointers to fix login problems.

This is generally caused by the cookie stored in your browser and the site software getting out of sync, rather than a password problem, so please try this before requesting a new password. If you do not know your password or are not sure then by all means try a password reset or contact me via the email address below.

The best way to solve this is to force both your browser and the site to 'forget' your login temporarily.

For Internet Explorer, try these instructions before using either of the links below:

• Press F12 to bring up the IE developer tools
  • Click on the Cache menu
  • Click Clear cookies for domain
  • Restart IE and try again.

For other browers, or if the above does not work:

Arrow You can do this with the page at www.rrsport.co.uk/delete_forum_cookie.php

Click the big red link towards the bottom underneath the diagnostic info and allow the page to do its thing and reload.

PLEASE NOTE that this will log you out. If you do not know your password or are not sure please contact me via the email address below.

If you continue to have problems, do email me: martin@rrsport.co.uk Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Last edited by Martin on Mon Sep 30 2013 10:34am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #378348 Tue Mar 26 2013 10:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Martin,

Any ideas why I have to log in everytime I access the site from my iphone even when I select the keep me logged in option?

PC & ipad are always logged in and never have this issue MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #378349 Tue Mar 26 2013 11:02am
Martin

United Kingdom 

Check that your phone is set to accept cookies, have seen this not being the case previously: see http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic70987.html

Does it do it over both Wifi and 3G? Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #378353 Tue Mar 26 2013 11:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

yes, both on wifi & 3g MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #378363 Tue Mar 26 2013 11:45am
Martin

United Kingdom 

As I said, check the phone is set to accept cookies. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #378368 Tue Mar 26 2013 11:56am
sparky8181

just checked & phone was already set to accept all cookies, so dont know whats going on Confused

perhaps its apples way of telling me to get some work done and stop looking at rrsport.co.uk all day Laughing MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Post #378375 Tue Mar 26 2013 12:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1