RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > If your SDV6 seems to loose acceleration at 130km/hrs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

abcsworld

France 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
If your SDV6 seems to loose acceleration at 130km/hrs

In Last 6 months I had 3 strikes on my SDV6 2012 HSE where the car start to loose acceleration at 130km/h stabilized speed. Like no more gas, then gear box get confused too but then if going faster or if breaking...car recovers and is fine.
No error code what so ever. Gave the car for annual service today to Land Rover and described the issue. Their honest comment was accelerator pedal potentiometer have had some failures and make car to loose acceleration around 130km/hr. So a known problem. Their description fitted the symptoms I experienced. So appointment taken for complete change. In mean time I will make sure I drive faster than 130... Whistle

Just thought I would share that.

Post #377965 Sat Mar 23 2013 3:02pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Good spot abcsworld Thumbs Up I imagine this will also
affect the Disco4's using the same engine. 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #377970 Sat Mar 23 2013 4:32pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Ive driven mine at 130 too, but that was on my way to an appointment at 135. Wink

Post #381485 Fri Apr 26 2013 8:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 

I went faster than 130km on my way to Berlin...all on the autobahn's in the de-restricted bit...car was fantastic. Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #381488 Fri Apr 26 2013 8:26am
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

We cant do that sort of speed in OZ without instant loss of licence Crying or Very sad But interested in the potentiometer was driving my wife's 3.0SDV6RRS it seemed that at times the accelerator was not connected to the engine. Pressed it down, nothing happened. Pressed further, then a lazy response. SWMBO is reporting some lag when driving/reversing. Wonder if that might be the cause? SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #395441 Thu Sep 19 2013 5:30am
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Ignore my last post turns out that this was the Gradient control kicking in as car had come down steep drive, A new feature (well new to us Smile ) SWMBO owns this car I get to drive occasionally Smile

Post #395457 Thu Sep 19 2013 9:46am
Country guy

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Loss of acceleration

My sport sometimes loses acceleration mainly on pulling away at junctions, spasmodic approx every 4/5 weeks, has anyone else experience the same? Sdv6 my 12

Post #425178 Sat May 24 2014 8:13pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Meccles wrote:
We cant do that sort of speed in OZ without instant loss of licence Crying or Very sad ?

Haven't they just de restricted roads in the NTs

Post #425203 Sun May 25 2014 8:57am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Re: Loss of acceleration

Country guy wrote:
My sport sometimes loses acceleration mainly on pulling away at junctions, spasmodic approx every 4/5 weeks, has anyone else experience the same? Sdv6 my 12

Get it booked in at your dealer, there is a TSB out for it, mine has had 2 or 3 gearbox software updates since new. Thumbs Up

Post #425206 Sun May 25 2014 9:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Country guy

Thanks Andy i'ii check in for update.

Post #425520 Wed May 28 2014 9:56pm
DPG

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Re: Loss of acceleration

Country guy wrote:

My 13 month old SDV6 is intermittently doing the same, neither the dealer nor Land Rover Assist can find the issue - no messages either while driving or in the system.

The car feels like the handbrake is on and you are fighting it. It has happened to me once and changing gears manually appeared to overcome the issue for that journey. Happened to my wife repeatedly now (hence the dealer and LR Assist), but everyone is scratching their heads.

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Any ideas (I see mention of a TSD in an earlier comment from Ady 555.

Going into the dealer tomorrow, but this dealer failed to find issues with a Jag XF that I had for 3 years and by the time I got rid of that only the radio worked reliably, so little confidence.

Must say, mega impressed by LR Assist, been great - got the car booked in straight away and arranged a replacement LR. Jag assist never did that.

Post #428477 Thu Jun 26 2014 1:32pm
Country guy

Loss of power

Just had my sdv6 my12 checked a landrover dealer and they said they have adjusted the foot brake switch which often causes power loss when accelerating...this was at Westover at Christchurch...so far it hasn't happened yet but I will post any further results..thanks everyone for your help. Very Happy

Post #428532 Thu Jun 26 2014 7:10pm
tonyninety

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
slugish sdv6 on take off from standstill after braking

My 2012 had this problelm and when it went in for its 2nd sevice at Hunters Kings Lynn they replaced the foot brake switch as it needs to tell the ECU that it is alright to accelarate.This did seem to cure the problem but i have noticed that the time lag for the ECU to realise that the foot brake has come off and then too allow the motor to acelarate is not as quick as i think it should be and there fore gives the impression that the engine has momenteraly died, but soon picks up.

Post #487080 Wed Feb 10 2016 2:11pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I have something similar, in that sometimes at junctions it doesn't want to pull away straight away or very slowly, then it catches up to how far you have depressed the accelerator and zooms off at fast speed. Can be a bit of a pain, will have it checked at next service, but have read several reports, even on test report, that it seems to be hesitant to pull away from junctions, or when stopped. Anyone else having a similar problems? Sad John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #492611 Sun Apr 03 2016 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1