RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Towing Electrics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Endjin

Scotland 

Hmmm, Confused The reason I ask is that I am keeping my Tow Ball from the RRS for my new Disco 4 which I get tomorrow but, I don't want to have to get Dealer to fit electrics. It'll cost a packet and I can get them fitted for under £100 inc parts but, I don't know if it's worth it as the dealer will probably either refuse to initialise the system or charge a packet for doing it, meaning I'd be as well getting them to do the whole thing! Crying or Very sad Any ideas gratefully recieved Very Happy 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #375175 Thu Feb 28 2013 9:20pm
Madasmad

United Kingdom 

Endjin wrote:
Hmmm, Confused The reason I ask is that I am keeping my Tow Ball from the RRS for my new Disco 4 which I get tomorrow but, I don't want to have to get Dealer to fit electrics. It'll cost a packet and I can get them fitted for under £100 inc parts but, I don't know if it's worth it as the dealer will probably either refuse to initialise the system or charge a packet for doing it, meaning I'd be as well getting them to do the whole thing! Crying or Very sad Any ideas gratefully recieved Very Happy

As it happens I have just fitted (today) a new tow bar to my RRS and had bought dedicated Witter electrics to fit to it. However upon inspection I discovered that LR 7n & 7s were fitted behind the bumper cover - I should have looked first Censored !

Anyway I have a brand new kit, boxed with instructions if you are interested. They are the 13 pin single plug variety. PM me if you want to do a deal Thumbs Up What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

2008 RRS TDV8 330Bhp 800nm

Post #375657 Mon Mar 04 2013 11:07pm
1014rk

United Kingdom 

Enjin,
You must have a low opinion of your steeler, I fitted my electrics myself and my car was in for some non related warranty work, I asked them to enable the electrics. Job done. No charge Very Happy
Russ
Same steeler as you I think Thumbs Up MY 2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic
Causeway Gray

My2011 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury Nara Bronze (gone)

Post #375668 Mon Mar 04 2013 11:51pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Hi Russ,
No, I have a very high opinion of the Dealer. I have often complimented Bryan and his team on the Forum. Just would assume that they would be inclined to activate the tow electrics for FREE if I'd had them fitted elsewhere.
But, I'll ask Bryan next time I'm in. Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #375686 Tue Mar 05 2013 8:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12