RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Any legal bods on here?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Any legal bods on here?

Anyone help me with my next course of action?

I paid for a new solid wood floor (Horse Chestnut) back in August 2012 (with a delivery time of 6 weeks)

I FINALLY got it January this year

The fitter (not connected with the supplier) rejected 3 square meters worth of it for a nunber of reasons (bad tongue and groove profiles, narrowing boards & soft timber).

I emailed the supplier, and initially his response was "We will resolve all your concerns".

Since then I've had 3 weeks of no replys to my emails, and only answerphone messages when I call him.

The lounge is ripped apart with a half finished floor and we're living in the dining room which isn't ideal.

What are my rights regarding refusing the already laid floor (bearing in mind it's been cut/nailed down so isn't in the same condition as "new") and chasing the fitters costs to initially lay the floor and then lift it.

Any information would be useful...as I fear my next step is a solicitor RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #373322 Wed Feb 13 2013 12:01pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

not sure where you stand legally, but as with any building work you have to factor in wastage, for stuff like broken bits,mis coloured etc. (builders will say 20% but 10% usually does)
when i laid an oak floor in my extension, i kept all the bits i rejected and floored my cupboard with it!
your obvious problem is that its not off the shelf! i would ask them to supply the product within a week (offer to pay for it) and say that will be the matter closed. but you have a problem if it takes another couple of months to order!
hope you find a solution
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #373326 Wed Feb 13 2013 12:49pm
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thanks Dave.

Yes a wastage % was already allowed for, this is rejected timber on top of that.

It stinks a bit when I have to pay for more timber, to replace the timber that wasn't fit for purpose in the 1st place! RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #373328 Wed Feb 13 2013 12:55pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Are they not close enough to go and have a chat face to face ?
That way you can show them the actual pieces you are rejecting etc, it might create a little more 'belief' on their part.
When I've had 'issues' on previous house building projects, I've found this the best way to resolve. Obviously if they are a million miles away that doesn't help you. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #373329 Wed Feb 13 2013 1:02pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Also if you paid by c/c you should have a case there unless there is a time limit on such things. As Bc says but i guess you would of already done that by now if that was possible. Sorry not much help. Sad

Post #373331 Wed Feb 13 2013 1:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I doubt you can claim for the already laid flooring or the fitter's time - presumably you/he checked through the product before commencing the process of laying the floor? If not, why not?

If the supplier won't replace the defective, unlaid, flooring then you might have claim against him for the costs associated with obtaining a suitable replacement elsewhere - assuming you can find a match of course.

It sounds like you need to talk to your solicitor or, if you used a credit card, your CC provider as they have an interest in it too. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #373333 Wed Feb 13 2013 1:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1