RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sudden loss of power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SturgeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Sudden loss of power

So I've had a look at previous posts but haven't found quite the same symptoms as I'm getting. It happened twice yesterday, once on the way out and once on the way back. So here's the problem, start the car, pull away and the next time I throttle down and then go to throttle up nothing. Engine is running, no warning lights on dash, nothing. A couple of seconds later it picks up again. Really strange, only does it once and the rest of the journey it's fine. Big Cry

Any ideas Question MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #372913 Sun Feb 10 2013 1:11pm
toeuk1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi, I had similar symptoms though "engine system fault" would briefly show up on instrument lcd screen along with a manual icon. It was only displayed for a second or two so it is easily missed. My problem turned out to be the brake pedal switch - it was telling the car I was braking and accelerating at the same time. The recorded fault code read something like "brake pedal throttle pedal incompatibility".
Hope this was of some help.
Good luck.

Post #372987 Sun Feb 10 2013 11:05pm
SturgeRRS

Well that makes sense as my van shuts down if I touch the brake when I've got my foot on the accelerator. Funny it's been fine today. Bloody cars got a mind of its own, got out to put fuel in and when I went to get in it it had decided I wasn't capable of choosing my seat position and gave me my wife's instead. Thanks for the input Thumbs Up . MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #372995 Mon Feb 11 2013 1:09am
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

A fault code would illuminate the situation, but mine did a similer thing just before the throttle peddle sensor failed. RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #373003 Mon Feb 11 2013 9:48am
SturgeRRS

I think I've found the problem, it's my size 11s hitting a very sensitive brake peddle when I go to accelerate. Censored Rolling with laughter MY 11 RRS Luxury Stornoway Grey Ivory/Black leather contrast stitching Logic7 side steps roof DVD system for the grand daughter. Mercedes SL500 for the summer. Vito Sport X for work. Gone to many to list but what larks

Post #374312 Fri Feb 22 2013 2:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1