RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Rear reflectors when upgrading to genuine LED rear lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

rigsby

England 

Just checked with the camera flash and the reflector is at the bottom Thumbs Up MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

2012 3.0 SDV6 Luxury gone, but a great motor

Post #370861 Thu Jan 24 2013 6:22pm
Glohh

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver
Re: Rear reflectors when upgrading to genuine LED rear light

pedro444 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been thinking of getting a set of the post 2010 on LED rear lights for my 2006 RRS for a while now.

I happened to be following a new RRS on the motorway today and noticed that there didn't appear to be any reflectors in the lights themselves and the bumper had two mounted in it instead.

Now the pre 2010 rear bumpers don't have any reflectors in them but that’s OK as the original light units have definitely got them at the bottom just below the reversing lights.

So my question is - those that have fitted the LED lights have you got any red rear reflectors now?

Pete

Hi Pedro,

I would wait before purchasing any type of light upgrade. Glohh is soon to release a totally new design. Besides there is not much of a difference between the 06 an 10 model tail lights. Is the spend justified?

Thanks Glohh.
Automotive light designers and manufacturers.
Available now The GL-3 Taillight for the Range Rover Sport.

www.glohh.com

www.facebook.com/glohh

Post #370864 Thu Jan 24 2013 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nik

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

2006 stock lights look nothing like an LED set or am i missing something.
Apologies if so.

Nik

Glohh wrote:
pedro444 wrote:
Hi all,

I've been thinking of getting a set of the post 2010 on LED rear lights for my 2006 RRS for a while now.

I happened to be following a new RRS on the motorway today and noticed that there didn't appear to be any reflectors in the lights themselves and the bumper had two mounted in it instead.

Now the pre 2010 rear bumpers don't have any reflectors in them but that’s OK as the original light units have definitely got them at the bottom just below the reversing lights.

So my question is - those that have fitted the LED lights have you got any red rear reflectors now?

Pete

Hi Pedro,

I would wait before purchasing any type of light upgrade. Glohh is soon to release a totally new design. Besides there is not much of a difference between the 06 an 10 model tail lights. Is the spend justified?

Thanks
 2015 Golf R DSG
Gone 2013 Mercedes C220 CDi AMG Sport Plus
Gone 2008 2.7 RRS HSE

Post #370873 Thu Jan 24 2013 9:00pm
pedro444

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

rigsby wrote:
Just checked with the camera flash and the reflector is at the bottom Thumbs Up

That's a relief!

Just out of interest what angle did you take the photo from as it looks rather curved?

I had 6+ hours on the motorway today, mostly in the dark, but today in my XJ which is more eye level with the RRS lights. I managed to find a couple of 10+ cars to tailgate and try as I could I couldn't see my lights reflecting off the clusters. Maybe my lights are just too low. Either way I must have looked a bit odd staring at light clusters!

Post #370885 Thu Jan 24 2013 10:22pm
rigsby

England 

From a standing position 10 ft away and they show up just fine. MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #370890 Thu Jan 24 2013 10:35pm
rigsby

England 

MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #370893 Thu Jan 24 2013 10:46pm
pedro444

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks for the pic rigsby.

Just checking - are yours genuine Land Rover units or are they the hawke ones? Just that they look slightly different to the pic ady posted of his.

Pete

Post #370898 Thu Jan 24 2013 11:02pm
JasM

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Glohh wrote:
pedro444 wrote:
Hi all,

Pete

Hi Pedro,

Thanks

A massive difference IMO. The 2010+ lights look so much better, don't regret buying them. Thumbs Up 2014 L405 SDV8 RR Autobiography Cool

2012 RRS SDV6 HSE -Orkney Grey with A/B bodykit - Now Gone Sad
2007 RRS TDV6 HSE - Zermatt Silver - Gone

Post #370899 Thu Jan 24 2013 11:09pm
rigsby

England 

Not sure to be honest as I purchased used from the forum. here is a better picture. MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #370902 Thu Jan 24 2013 11:14pm
rigsby

England 

And here is the original one, looking very dated MY16 AUTOBIOGRAPHY Indus silver with some toys

Post #370903 Thu Jan 24 2013 11:20pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

pedro444 wrote:
Thanks for the pic rigsby.

Just checking - are yours genuine Land Rover units or are they the hawke ones? Just that they look slightly different to the pic ady posted of his.

Pete

I think you are correct there Pete, those arn't genuine land rover lights, as you say they look like hawke. Thumbs Up So back to the drawing board Whistle Lets see what awd's results are when he wakes up this morning, did't he say he was going to take a photo in the dark Question I'm still wondering what of Confused I hope he wasn't wearing anything illuminous at the time Laughing

Ah, here we are... awd's quote I'll take a pic tonight in the dark... see what flashes up Shocked

Post #370920 Fri Jan 25 2013 8:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Glohh

Nik wrote:
Apologies if so.

Nik

Glohh wrote:
pedro444 wrote:
Hi all,

Pete

Hi Pedro,

Thanks

Hi Nik,

Well there is a difference for sure. I was trying to say there is not much of a difference and is the spend justified? This is one of the reasons we at Glohh are about to release a totally different, re-imagined tail light.

thanks. Glohh.

www.glohh.com

www.facebook.com/glohh

Post #370926 Fri Jan 25 2013 10:42am
MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

cough cough group by on Glohh lights if they look decent cough cough

Very Happy Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #370929 Fri Jan 25 2013 10:52am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Glohh wrote:
Nik wrote:
Apologies if so.

Nik

Glohh wrote:
pedro444 wrote:
Hi all,

Pete

Hi Pedro,

Thanks

Hi Nik,

Well there is a difference for sure. I was trying to say there is not much of a difference and is the spend justified? This is one of the reasons we at Glohh are about to release a totally different, re-imagined tail light.

thanks.

Make sure they have reflectors already built in. Thumbs Up

Post #370933 Fri Jan 25 2013 11:04am
Glohh

It’s compulsory to have a rear facing RED retro reflector on any M1 class motor vehicle. The preface lift lamp has a built in reflector on the rear side on the bottom corner easily visible as shown in Rigsby’s pic. However the face lift lamp due to the design restraints and ECE regulation requirements has the reflector built in to the bumper (Very common with new cars).

There is no legal rear facing reflector on the facelift lamp itself. If one was to buy the facelift lights and use those on a preface lift model, they would certainly need to mount a reflector in order to conform to standards.

For Red reflector requirements you can see ECE Regulation R3 under ECE R48, from the top of my head I think the bear minimum is 25mm sq maybe a piece of reflector can be mounted near the bottom of the bumper somewhere.... sometimes on race cars we normally use reflective 3m tape, it passes the standards.

Also there is a minimum ground up height requirement about 250mm and an over limit, as long as its mounted below the brake light and above 250mm from ground there will be no problems.

Best of luck Glohh.

www.glohh.com

www.facebook.com/glohh

Last edited by Glohh on Mon Jan 28 2013 11:25am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #371177 Mon Jan 28 2013 11:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>