RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Pic request - Grey 05-09 with black headlight internals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MisterAdam

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Pic request - Grey 05-09 with black headlight internals

Hi lads,

I'm after pictures of Grey MY05-09 Sport's which have done the black headlight internal's modification. I can only find black car's with this done.

I'm thinking of doing this on my week off work next week, and think the black may look better than painting the internals Stornoway grey.

Any help is greatly appreciated Thumbs Up Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #370349 Mon Jan 21 2013 5:02pm
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would also like to see this as its something I have considered but was 50/50 on how it would look so chickened out in the end, but if someone comes up with a decent pic.....i may be tempted MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #370354 Mon Jan 21 2013 5:26pm
MisterAdam

I think it'd look a little like the 2010 style of headlights in a way, if the internals were painted grey then there may look like there's a little too much grey at the front end then perhaps? Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Previous: Mercedes CLS, BMW 330cd M sport, Nissan 200sx, Impreza STi, EP3 Civic Type R

Post #370356 Mon Jan 21 2013 5:32pm
cossiedave

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

i have done mine black inside,i will see if i can find a picture

Post #370358 Mon Jan 21 2013 5:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cossiedave

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

they look better in the flesh

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #370359 Mon Jan 21 2013 5:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

Looks good on red, much better Thumbs Up

Adam, why would you paint the internals grey? they are grey already, thats why I didnt bother doing mine MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #370377 Mon Jan 21 2013 7:08pm
MisterAdam

What black is that Dave, matt, satin, or gloss?

No idea Sparky, I've never looked too closely at the headlight colour so wasn't sure how close they were to the Stornoway grey colour to begin with tbh Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Post #370403 Mon Jan 21 2013 10:00pm
cossiedave

satin black mate, just wish i had painted the side reflector, i was going to do them same colour as the car but founds a few pics on internet and didnt like them, total time to do both light was about 3 hours

Post #370410 Mon Jan 21 2013 10:43pm
tommy-boy

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is mine with the inners painted black.

I made some SMD angle eyes also that run as DRL and half lit when headlights are on, through a relay switch.

I would say to paint the inners black 100% such a vast noticable imporvment IMO over the standerd grey.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #370616 Wed Jan 23 2013 10:15am
MisterAdam

Tommy that looks fantastic Bow down

Got any more pictures by any chance? What black did you use? What DRL kit is that any where can I get it Cool Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Post #370631 Wed Jan 23 2013 11:07am
tommy-boy

I dont have anymore to hand currently. But i will get some if you want. i have a fair amount of snow here at the moment (between Durham and Newcastle) so i can get some better ones when the car is'nt so frosty.

The DRL's i made out of SMD led units, and they do get alot of compliments, i fitted them a year or so ago now with just a half dim relay of ebay so as when the headlights are on the rings are only half lit. This keeps them 100% legal also. They run through a seperat fuse off the fuse box so stay lit for 2 mins after engine swith off so gives a real premium feel to them also IMO.

The black is just a good quality brand satin black spray paint (Plastikote IIRC) the trick to the paint quality is the head and spray pattern of the paint used through its nozzel. cheeper brands will tend to allow paint to build up and nib/dot.

i was going to buy some of the clear side reflectirs also, but i think they are a little dear for what they are.... I'll be making my own molds soon and making a few batches myself. Im just waiting to get a new vacume chamber for my carbon fiber bits im making also. 08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #370634 Wed Jan 23 2013 11:24am
MisterAdam

If you could get more that would be greatly appriciated Thumbs Up

I am pretty dreadful when it comes to electronics, so I'm tempted to give the DRL's a miss, but would like to do it whilst i've got the headlights open. What size are the ring lights? How hard was it knocking up all the wiring?

I've painted headlight internals in the past on previous car's so I'm not so nervous about that part. I'll go for the decent Plastikote paint like you mentioned.

I've been in two mind's about the clear side reflectors, they look good, but like you say they are expensive for what they are at the end of the day. I was thinking of either tinting them, or leaving them orange, my thought being that if they were left orange it'd give the headlight a more OEM look as if the headlights came in black from factory, if that makes sense. Current: 06 RR Sport HSE TDV6, Bonatti grey, black leather. Defender 90 pick up. Vito 110cdi

Post #370637 Wed Jan 23 2013 11:42am
BigFella26

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey

Hi Guys new to this forum
Bow down

I am just getting spares together to fit DRL/Angel Rings and Black colour coded bezel. Great photos big help to all thinking about spliting headlight and painting. I ordered Umnitzna Orion V2's same as AWD man.Well nearly the same gone for 4x 120mm rings!! There is a great thread on reflectors by him and a very good thread on fitting Halo rings v led rings.... Will keep you posted on my results.

BigFella 2.7(s) 2008 stornaway grey ( Supercharged spec)

Post #370653 Wed Jan 23 2013 1:52pm
tommy-boy

Another quick picture I took on my way out to pick up the bairn.

Click image to enlarge

120 is the best size for the rings, in total mine cost around £80 drl/relays and paint all in. So nice modification for pocket change cash.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  08MY HSE 3.6 TDV8 Stornoway Grey, Twisted performance cat back... and shed loads of extras!!!

Post #370690 Wed Jan 23 2013 5:46pm
sparky8181

Looking good Tommy, like the black lettering too Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Post #370694 Wed Jan 23 2013 6:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>