RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Plea for car programme on TV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Plea for car programme on TV

Is there some incontrovertible law of nature that all car programmes on TV must be presented by at least one irritating twunt?
Why for the love of all that is holy can’t we have just one .....ONE.... programme about cars that it is possible to view without having the experience almost completely ruined by being forced to endure the gratingly awful personality defects of its presenters?
To illustrate the point here is my list in order of twuntiness:

Dominic Littlewood on ‘Wrecks to Riches’ – This guy is surely in a league all of his own – fat, bald, vain, mockney and totally ignorant of the subject but parrots a bit of information that someone has just told him as if he knew all along. The black guy (who does all the work) by contrast is knowledgeable and charming.

Bernie Fineman on ‘Classic Car Rescue’ – an obnoxious inarticulate ill-educated bodger. I wouldn’t want one of the cars he has “restored” – not even as a gift.

Richard Hammond on ‘Top Gear’ – total bell-end.

Mike Brewer on ‘Wheeler Dealers’ – another mockney - only has one script (which includes exclaiming‘woo hoo’ whenever he drives a car) and uses it for single every episode.

Jonny Smith on ‘Fifth Gear’ – a poorer example of gender reassignment you will not find.

Mark Evans on ‘A xxxx is reborn’ – does some great work; especially the E Type Jag total restoration but ruins the whole thing with weak infantile humour.

Jake Humphreys – on BBC F1 a self-agrandising, talentless children’s TV presenter who must surely have an influential nepotistic parent who got him the dream job that many knowledgeable motorsports journalists would have killed for.

Thinks.... I’ll go and have a nice lie down now...... 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #363825 Tue Nov 20 2012 7:31pm
P7tey

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I confess to liking Ed China on Wheeler Dealers... I wish he was my mate, he can fix anything! (And he never charges labour, which is the only way they ever make a 'profit' on the cars Laughing )

Post #363827 Tue Nov 20 2012 8:06pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You really need to get out more and stop watching car programmes if they bother you that much. You'll be pleased to know Jake is leaving F1 commentry at the end of the season Whistle Personally i think he does a great job on there, always on top of his game and pics up on everything that is happening around him and everything that has happend in a race, i think the muppet in the team is EJ, now he is a plonker Laughing Louis walsh of F1 Laughing He hasn't really got a clue. Rolling Eyes

Post #363831 Tue Nov 20 2012 8:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gerico

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Ady 555 wrote:
....i think the muppet in the team is EJ, now he is a plonker Laughing Louis walsh of F1 Laughing He hasn't really got a clue. Rolling Eyes

Cheers Ady. Very Happy At last someone agrees with me Thumbs Up can't stand the guy, love it when it misses a race.

Post #363838 Tue Nov 20 2012 9:20pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Paddi - Totally agree I gave up watching motoring programmes because of the presenters.

Motor sport is best watched with the sound off - why can't we get technology that takes off the vocals?

Post #363839 Tue Nov 20 2012 9:24pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Mark Evans is brilliant and top gear is brilliant Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #363848 Tue Nov 20 2012 10:23pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Hey, leave Jake alone, shame he's going in my opinion. As above, it's EJ who should be banished.

Top Gear is light hearted TV, just don't take it too seriously.

Agree about Bernie though, complete twunt. Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #363856 Tue Nov 20 2012 11:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1