RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > The gremlins have finally arrived!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>

XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Tim in Scotland wrote:

Derek don't you have to give the manufacturer 3 goes at fixing the defects before you can reject a car?

i had this with my Aston Martin Vantage Volante:

the same problem has to occur 3 times - the are allowed to fix it 2 times and wehn it come to the 3 time then u can reject the car - get the money back minus some remuneration for the kms ore miles you have done with your car ...

Shocked 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #37970 Sat Jun 10 2006 7:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

United Kingdom 

Pelyma wrote:
Scorpio on the other side rejected his first D3 for paint quality no problem. I wouldn't let them fix it and they won't be able to. I wouldn't accept it on a £60K car either Twisted Evil

Those were my thoughts, the vehicle was delivered in a cr*p state, not things going faulty. It should not have left the factory like that.

Post #38004 Sat Jun 10 2006 11:05am
Bobs_buggy

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

I took the car back to the dealer this morning, and told him I wanted to reject the car. I must say, he was very sympathetic and understanding. He's going to speak to his principle about it early next week, then I have a meeting with them on Wednesday.

The way I feel about it right now (as it sits lop-sided on my drive, even at Normal setting), is that I don't even want to clean it (which for me, is unheard of).

We'll see what next week brings............. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #38022 Sat Jun 10 2006 1:03pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Good luck Bob, be polite but firm, hope you get a result, keep us informed.

Post #38061 Sat Jun 10 2006 6:19pm
Bobs_buggy

Thanks. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #38084 Sat Jun 10 2006 9:23pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Good luck and let us know how U get on. Cool

Post #38199 Sun Jun 11 2006 2:07pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bob. The big question is, will you replace it with another RRS?

Post #38222 Sun Jun 11 2006 2:58pm
Bobs_buggy

Kaine wrote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bob. The big question is, will you replace it with another RRS?

I absolutely adore the RRS, it's the build quality that I have issues with.

If I was offered a replacement (and there's no guarantee), the problem is that a new SC would have to be the HST (that's the only one thery're making next year), and I think that's horrible! RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Last edited by Bobs_buggy on Tue Aug 15 2006 2:00pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #38282 Sun Jun 11 2006 7:09pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Kaine wrote:

Or even better idea would be a Discovery 3 HSE!!

Quick every one, duck - flying abuse heading my way!

Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner Ner

Post #38288 Sun Jun 11 2006 7:31pm
Bobs_buggy

Well, story so far..........

Took some legal advice on this, and it seems that I can exercise my statutary consumer rights under the Sale of goods act for items purchased after 31st March 2003, and reject the car for not being of sufficient quality...........

I put this all in writing and took it down to the dealer principle.

Anyway, the car went into the workshop to have the forward alert button and panel fitted (which I wasn't expecting, but they've managed to put a small mark on the panel) and the suspension sorted. It seems that the ride height sensor was faulty (they obviously had a spare in stock). It now goes up and down, but it seems to be always on the high side. Apparently it now needs calibrating, which is "a hell of a job" and takes at least 2 hours (the car was at the dealers for about 8 hours!).
Unfortunately, the mechanics have very dirty feet, and I had footprints and dirty brown marks all over the sills, seats, doors etc., which I've had to clean up.

I've noticed some pinholes in the black rear window surround. I'm told that they have ordered me a new rear window. Not sure I fancy that!

I went down to the bodyshop to see the guy there. He was very honest, and said that there's not a lot he could do about the paint imperfections on the bonnet (hood) and roof, but the sills etc. would require flatting down, basecoating, clearcoting then hand polishing. Together with the bonnet re-alignment, it would take 3 days.

The salesperson has been very sympathetic and understanding throughout this, but there are still some outstanding problems to test his patience.

If it all goes horribly wrong, I've asked for a part exchange price against another one. I'll probably get something cheaper so that I don't feel so bad when the faults appear..........mind you, I wouldn't half miss the performance Laughing

To be continued.......... RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Last edited by Bobs_buggy on Tue Aug 15 2006 2:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #39216 Wed Jun 14 2006 8:47pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I would imagine the reason why the dealer principle would not see you is because he knows he would have to accept the rejected car back.

I appreciate its easier said than done, however if you can legally reject the car for a full refund, then I would just do it.

I am aware of a similar situation recently when even though the customer was in the driving seat, he ended up doing a trade in (at top book price) against a replacement at a very good price - I think this was done to save the dealer money in the long run and the customer was basically happy - at the end of the day he just wanted a car without all the major problems

Kaine

Last edited by Kaine on Wed Jun 14 2006 9:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #39219 Wed Jun 14 2006 8:55pm
Bobs_buggy

The thing at the back of my mind is that if I had to get another supercharged car, it would have to be the HST because that's the only one they're making next year, and I think it looks awful.

Bob. RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #39223 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:05pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

You know what you have to do, park your RRS across the entrance to the dealership, and refuse to move it until the dealer principal speaks to you. That'll get him outta his office! 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #39231 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:28pm
Bobs_buggy

............might be fun Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing RRS 4.2 S/C. Zermatt. Tints. Stormers. 150+ paint defects, wonkey bonnet, scratches, detached doorseal. suspension faults. To sum it up, a �60k pile of cr4p!

Post #39234 Wed Jun 14 2006 9:33pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I would now get in touch with Land Rover customer services, tell them that you have taken legal advice and formally regected the car and that the dealer principle is ignoring it. Follow this up in writing to the contact that you speak to along with your list of problems and the damge caused to the car when in the workshop.
Tell them to help get it sorted or you will follow it through with solicitors.
I would also put it in writing to the DP again that you are formally regecting the car and send it recorded delivery.
Don't let them start anything with the paintwork, it will weaken your position and you could also be very dissapointed with the results.

Post #39240 Wed Jun 14 2006 10:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>