RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > New Range Rover and Range Rover Sport MY 2013/2014
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

leondrums

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New Range Rover and Range Rover Sport MY 2013/2014

With the release of the new Range Rover dealers have confirmed delivery for Feb/March time.. Does anyone anticipate when the new Sport would be released and then available?

http://allnewrangerover.landrover.com/gb/en 2017 MY - Dynamic, same again!

2016 MY - Dynamic - same spec again all round, engine a noticeable improvement

2015 HSE Dynamic - same spec as the last plus Meridian, Full Size Spare & InControl Apps

HSE Dynamic 2014:
Ebony / Lunar, Heated Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Callipers, Interior Mood Lighting, Ebony Headlining, Panoramic Roof, Electric Towbar, Centre Console Fridge.

Previously: 2011 RRS, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi S5 Cab, RRS, Audi S4 Cab.

Post #353865 Thu Aug 16 2012 8:29am
Beancounter_74

England 

I don't think anyones aware of when the RRSport is to be released, or if they do, they've not posted on here.
I would imagine towards the end of 2013, early 2014. People are reporting seeing sport 'mules' out and about, so I would say that fits with the timescale.
As I mentioned in another thread, there is also the possibility of the 'Grand Evoque', or 'Evoque XL' which could affect the timings too as I cannot imagine they will want two similar (?) cars being launched together Confused

James from LPR on here is probably the best person to pass on any information, hopefully he'll see this thread and chip in Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #353866 Thu Aug 16 2012 9:01am
Lookers Park Royal

BC,

Seen the thread, but unfortunately there is no talk of a new RRS as far as LR UK is concerned. I will keep my ear to the ground and as soon as any official infomation is released then I will let you know.

James Thumbs Up

Post #353875 Thu Aug 16 2012 10:06am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hess

United Kingdom 

Here is the 2012 Range Rover Advert Thumbs Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJ8UWG_uL4

Still secretive though...

Post #353876 Thu Aug 16 2012 10:13am
Misery

United Kingdom 

isn't there a mule driving around with the Volvo front grill on. I have seen a few videos on the internet which looks like it could be the new Sport.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/07/scoop...range.html

Post #353881 Thu Aug 16 2012 11:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Of course it maybe that the next RRS and the Evoque XL are the same thing...after all, the Evoque is badged as a Range Rover so it would fit within the line up: Evoque, Evoque XL/RRS, Range Rover. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #353884 Thu Aug 16 2012 11:58am
Beancounter_74

England 

@ James - Thumbs Up

@ RRSTDV8 - agree, that would make sense, be interesting to see where they come out on marketing/naming.

Personally, I think losing the RRSport in the range and calling it a Grand Evoque or similar would push me towards a FFRR (perhaps that is part of their larger game plan Confused Question)
Evoques just seem like they are built for the ladies (thats not me knocking them, I love them, but I wouldn't have one as 'my' car Embarassed , but Mrs BC, no problem). ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #353889 Thu Aug 16 2012 1:26pm
RRSTDV8

I could see the appeal of a larger Evoque. Indeed, the relatively small boot on the Evoque rather blows it for me. If they did a longer version with a third row of seats that fold away like the D4's then that would be more interesting.

As most RRS and Evoques will never go off road, the removal of the RRS's suspension in favour of the Evoque's would also make some sense. After all, the RRS is supposed to be a road-focussed off roader and the Evoque certainly fits that description too. It would also result in a much lighter vehicle with much better fuel economy - a real marketing issue these days I'm sure.

It would leave the D4 as the off road workhorse (assuming the new Defender ends up as a lifestyle vehicle rather than a proper Defender replacement). The FFRR would then top the range as the ultimate luxury SUV coupling real luxury with real off road ability. It would also mirror the Freelander / Evoque / Evoque XL range which would be the road-oriented lifestyle SUVs.

It will be interesting to watch what they do with the range over the next 12-18 months... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #353893 Thu Aug 16 2012 2:29pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Expect the new sport...but dont hold your breath for it Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #353901 Thu Aug 16 2012 3:30pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Come on mse.....you can't just leave it at that. Shocked Razz
Personally, having only recently (10 month ago) bought one, the further away the better Laughing ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #353903 Thu Aug 16 2012 3:37pm
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Of course it maybe that the next RRS and the Evoque XL are the same thing...after all, the Evoque is badged as a Range Rover so it would fit within the line up: Evoque, Evoque XL/RRS, Range Rover.

Brand suicide..... you don't take your best selling product and alienate your customers buy changing it something completely different.

Post #353909 Thu Aug 16 2012 3:49pm
JOKER

United Kingdom 

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars...rt-scooped

Post #353915 Thu Aug 16 2012 5:19pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

x5pea wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
Of course it maybe that the next RRS and the Evoque XL are the same thing...after all, the Evoque is badged as a Range Rover so it would fit within the line up: Evoque, Evoque XL/RRS, Range Rover.

Brand suicide..... you don't take your best selling product and alienate your customers buy changing it something completely different.

Yeah.........but this is Land Rover that we are talking about here! LOL Rolling with laughter

Jim

Post #353925 Thu Aug 16 2012 6:33pm
RRSTDV8

x5pea wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

The new car can be called Range Rover Sport but be based on an Evoque XL and most buyers would be no wiser. Want to know how stupid car buyers are? Look at BMW's own figures that showed that the vast majority (c.80%) of BMW 1-series buyers thought their car was FWD. They bought a car which has compromised rear accommodation because of its RWD design, and they didn't even realise. They bought a brand that majors on "ultimate driver's machine" and didn't even understand the connection between driving pleasure and the location of the driven wheels. That's the reality of badge purchases.

Let's be realistic here: most RRS are bought by people for whom the vehicle's off road ability is meaningless. If the new RRS had the Evoque's ground clearance and 4WD system then it would be all that 95%+ of buyers would require. LR could easily put the RRS brand on to a suitably styled Evoque XL and it would sell like hot cakes. Indeed, for the majority of buyers, the car would be better suited to their needs than the current RRS is.

The Evoque is itself just a rebodied Freelander and sells very nicely indeed. Hell, the Freelander is based on the Mondeo and sells very nicely. (http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarrevi...ander.html)

For the massive majority of buyers, the RRS is all about image and badge. The fact that it is absolutely fabulous off road is irrelevant to most drivers. The market for 22inch wheels and rubber band tyres proves that. Do you think the RRS would sell as well if it was called "Land Rover Sport"? I bet it wouldn't. I reckon a lot of RRS purchases are by people who think they are buying a cheap Range Rover. They don't know it's just a badged and bodied Discovery. And they probably don't care either, so long as other people think it's a Range Rover then it's doing its job. That's how iconic brand awareness works.

The next RRS could be Evoque XL with Range Rover on the bonnet and Sport on the tail and it would sell. And it would sell very well indeed.

I reckon that LR could have put the RRS body on the Freelander (with obvious mechancial modifications) and most RRS buyers would still have bought it. The "it looks great in black and I can polish it every Saturday" brigade wouldn't care two hoots.

We are, after all, in the "getting one over the Jones" territory here... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #353973 Fri Aug 17 2012 12:37am
crookedm

What the uk wil end up getting will be based on the export markets demands.
90% are exported I read yesterday so I'd be amazed if they even look at what sells here.

Post #353982 Fri Aug 17 2012 7:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>