RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Didn't come with Floor Mats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Quasimoto

United States 
Didn't come with Floor Mats

When I picked up my HSE a few weeks ago, I was suprised to see black carpet floor mats in the car. My interior color is Aspen, and they didn't look quite right. The dealer said that the Aspen floor mats were "on order" and I would get them in a week... Confused Anyone else have any issues around not getting the proper or matching floor mats with their car? Are the floor mats/carpets installed by the dealer and not at the factory? -QM

Post #1614 Sat Aug 13 2005 1:30am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yes - floor mats are dealer installed - we have an alpaca/alpaca interior and the floor mats do get dirty - i am thinking of replacing them for the ebony (black) - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #1616 Sat Aug 13 2005 1:40am
rhodyrover

United States 

Same here, I got black floor mats (the rubber type). It does look mismatched at first, however I think it will be better as time goes by.

Post #1619 Sat Aug 13 2005 3:44am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Did you guys have to pay extra for these or did the dealer throw them in? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1628 Sat Aug 13 2005 4:31pm
Biggles

England 

Had to pay extra for these in the UK,
RRUK still tryin to get yours thrown in Question Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1633 Sat Aug 13 2005 7:47pm
rhodyrover

United States 

Dealer tossed them in at no charge......I think the price of the vehicle is enough. Most cars get the mats for free anyway.

Post #1636 Sat Aug 13 2005 8:13pm
Quasimoto

United States 

When my dealer said "Your Aspen floor mats are on order so we'll give you these black mats in the meantime", I assumed they came standard. I wish they had given me the rubber ones in the interim -- would be more useful than two sets of carpet mats. -QM

Post #1637 Sun Aug 14 2005 1:54am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Biggles

Not actually tried yet, I thought I would bring it up when I hear the car is coming and they think they have got a 100% order, then I might say, "Throw in the mats or I walk" type of thing, would they jeopardise a £60K order for the sake of some rubber mats I wonder? L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1664 Mon Aug 15 2005 10:46am
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
car mats

front and rears supplied foc by dealer

Post #1675 Mon Aug 15 2005 6:49pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I had to buy my mats for mine....so I got the rubber ones. They are much better in my opinion. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1678 Mon Aug 15 2005 8:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rhodyrover

United States 

I have opted for the rubber mats for this vehicle and others previously. Over time they definately hold up to foot traffic better and don't wear as fast. Easier to clean especially if you intend to drive off road. I just need one for the back. 2006 RRS HSE, Chawton White, Alpaca with Cherry Wood Trim (Luxury Interior Pkg)

Previously: 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE

Post #1697 Wed Aug 17 2005 3:04am
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I had the choice of carpet or rubber mats free from dealer along with loadspace protector. (Tray type)

I chose rubber mats. Couple of things I noticed.

The mats have turnbuckles to secure to carpet underneath but the turnbuckles are just stuck down with a 'sticky' pad. A couple have come loose already!

If they all come loose the mats will move around. Sad

I've also noticed that the road grit gets to the inner edge of the mats all the time. That's the side up against gearbox tunnel. It seems they don't quite catch it dropping off the shoe which would rest on footrest.
I get this more because my drive is tarmac with grit finish which picks up on shoes. However, normal road dirt also travels over to the side.

I'm also sourcing the SS sill plates as my wife has scuffed the passenger door sill on the paintwork. She couldn't wait for me to lower the car and tried to get in at normal height, slipping in the process and catching the painted sill. Sad

Post #1701 Wed Aug 17 2005 7:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

Rubber mats

I didn't bother putting the rubber mat holders in place and instead have just left the mats to sit on the floor unsupported. They stay in place very well and never moved. Matt
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1703 Wed Aug 17 2005 7:52am
Biggles

England 

tasmod wrote:

I'm also sourcing the SS sill plates as my wife has scuffed the passenger door sill on the paintwork. She couldn't wait for me to lower the car and tried to get in at normal height, slipping in the process and catching the painted sill. Sad

tasmod,

The trim panels are an easy fit and IMO make an excellent guard for the exposed sill area, which I do think should have been standard factory fit.
They really do enhance the lower sill below the door. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1707 Wed Aug 17 2005 7:58am
d3matt

Can you post some pics of the sill protectors? I've been wondering if I should add them to mine. What do you get in the kit? Are they good quality? Matt

Post #1711 Wed Aug 17 2005 8:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>