RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Tyres 275/40/20
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Robby2

United Kingdom 
Tyres 275/40/20

Hi, i was interested to know if anyone can advise me of a good tyre choice for mostly driving on roads but sometimes off road, I'm trying to find a good all round tyre with especially good wear qualities and taking into account we may get some snow and i don't want to get caught out, i realize you can't have it all ways but having read some other forums i have come to realize some road tyres are useless in the snow, where as others are not too bad, any tips greatly appreciated, thanks

Rob. If it's not low, i don't want to know

Post #327554 Tue Jan 10 2012 11:14am
Robby2

United Kingdom 

Ha' ha' 59 views and not one reply , except for my own, unfortunately i'm not very helpful to myself Laughing If it's not low, i don't want to know

Post #327650 Wed Jan 11 2012 12:23am
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

This may help, but it's a minefield Thumbs Up

Contenders are;

Pirellis
Hankooks
General grabbers uhp

And some more but I can't think of them.

Just avoid continentals Big Cry ....saying that some won't agree.....but going on experience just avoid Thumbs Up

That's my two pence worth MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #327652 Wed Jan 11 2012 12:31am
AZIZBBU

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Stornoway Grey
Re: Tyres 275/40/20

Robby2 wrote:
Hi, i was interested to know if anyone can advise me of a good tyre choice for mostly driving on roads but sometimes off road, I'm trying to find a good all round tyre with especially good wear qualities and taking into account we may get some snow and i don't want to get caught out, i realize you can't have it all ways but having read some other forums i have come to realize some road tyres are useless in the snow, where as others are not too bad, any tips greatly appreciated, thanks

Rob.

I moved over to Bridgestone. No issues yet had them for 4 months so far. TDV8 HST STORNOWAY ON A 58
Full Alpine multimedia install
Road Angel Pro
PS3

Post #327654 Wed Jan 11 2012 1:35am
MJF

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi,

I have pirelli p zero asimmetrico, Which have been fantastic. I drove to france in thick snow and it was -14, worked very well.

M

Post #327655 Wed Jan 11 2012 2:52am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Robby - probably not so many replies because of your mention of road, offroad and snow. It's asking a lot of a tyre to deal well with all three!

If you spend a bit of time with the search function, there are lots of threads on tyres and you should be able to form an opinion as to what ones best suit you.

For me, I followed a number of forum members and went with Hankooks and was very pleased with them both on road and in the snow we had last year. My current vehicle came with the standard Contis and unless anything else comes to light, I will be putting Hankooks on again when the time comes.

Post #327722 Wed Jan 11 2012 6:51pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Hankooks all the way. Had them for 5 months now and they are great. At about £150 per tyre you would have to be insane not to fit them ! 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #327725 Wed Jan 11 2012 7:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Guys, which Hankook tyre? They make more than one model...! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #327768 Wed Jan 11 2012 10:20pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

It's the Ventus (think they are RH06) they are rated at 106w and they are a directional tyre.
Cheers
Dave 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #327769 Wed Jan 11 2012 10:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1