Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Privilege Customer Delivery? RRS MY12
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

supadipps

2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Privilege Customer Delivery? RRS MY12

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if any one has every purchased their motors on the Privilege Scheme and how long delivery is? Basically, my brother works for Jaguar and gets 20% discount through them on Land Rover. I ordered my...

Range Rover Sport MY12
Sumatra Black
Ebony with contrast Stitching
Tinted windows
(I was going to get the diamond finish alloys but iv learnt that they're hard to maintain through winter, salt etc Confused )

The order was placed at the start of October and the dealer (Guy Salmon, Coventry) who's pretty sound says there's no way of knowing on when the car will arrive. Apparently the cars going into a bank or holding pool and Land Rover decide when they're built? I guess full paying customers get priority!? lol

Anyone know anything about this? Would be great to get some more info on the topic. Very Happy

Thanks!

Post #322073 Tue Nov 22 2011 10:38am
Beancounter_74

England 

I don't know how it works at LR, but a friend worked for Ford (senior position) and would order Jaguars on a fairly regular basis and as far as I'm aware they were built to order in the normal manor. Maybe because there is a relativly short supply of MY2012 at the moment, its just taking a little longer Confused

I was quoted January for a factory order last month, but that was a dealer slot that was already allocated spec changeable), so if yours is a completly fresh order chances are it might be back end of January/early Feb. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #322076 Tue Nov 22 2011 10:47am
x5pea

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

personally i wouldnt care if i could get 20% off list Laughing

Post #322081 Tue Nov 22 2011 11:08am
supadipps

Yeah I know i shouldn't be moaning, I moving some considerable steps up from a ford focus and every time I see one on the roads I want mine! Big Cry

An early xmas present? Santa if your listening? Wink lol

Post #322091 Tue Nov 22 2011 11:33am
x5pea

supadipps wrote:
Yeah I know i shouldn't be moaning, I moving some considerable steps up from a ford focus and every time I see one on the roads I want mine! Big Cry

An early xmas present? Santa if your listening? Wink lol

Laughing hopefully it will come

Post #322093 Tue Nov 22 2011 11:34am
AndyCh

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I ordered mine through Privilege on 17 March 2011 and took delivery on 1 April. I chose one that was already built and available though, which was 95% of the spec I woud have chosen had I chosen all the options myself.

If I hadn't chosen that one, it would have been May/June, so estimated 2 to 3 month delivery time.

I will have to start looking at my 2012 order shortly ...

Post #322094 Tue Nov 22 2011 11:38am
supadipps

Sweet! Cheers Andy, I cant see mine going passed that as its pretty standard spec.

Post #322101 Tue Nov 22 2011 12:10pm
x5pea

hold the bus...... u guys can't come on here talking of 20% off and not share the discounts Big Cry

Post #322200 Tue Nov 22 2011 10:03pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Yeah come on, share the discount, the most i can manage is 9% discount at the moment Sad anyone willing to pass on their discount please PM me Thumbs Up

Post #322207 Tue Nov 22 2011 10:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mse

United Kingdom 
Re: Privilege Customer Delivery? RRS MY12

supadipps wrote:
Hi all,

I just wanted to know if any one has every purchased their motors on the Privilege Scheme and how long delivery is? Basically, my brother works for Jaguar and gets 20% discount through them on Land Rover. I ordered my...

Range Rover Sport MY12
Sumatra Black
Ebony with contrast Stitching
Tinted windows
(I was going to get the diamond finish alloys but iv learnt that they're hard to maintain through winter, salt etc Confused )

The order was placed at the start of October and the dealer (Guy Salmon, Coventry) who's pretty sound says there's no way of knowing on when the car will arrive. Apparently the cars going into a bank or holding pool and Land Rover decide when they're built? I guess full paying customers get priority!? lol

Anyone know anything about this? Would be great to get some more info on the topic. Very Happy

Thanks!

Thats correct - you will wait for the employee run im afraid. The dealer can opt to give you one of their "stock cars" - new - if they desire

Direct staff cars are different. But even they can be put on hold, but then you dont go to the dealer to get them if they are on the company scheme

Incidentally the privilege varies through the year and on models - only employees and direct family get it, no sharing!! and you have to register with JLR privilege (well the employee does).

There are some other advantages and some other restrictions.

I got mine straight away Thumbs Up Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Post #322223 Tue Nov 22 2011 10:53pm
supadipps

Well you wont believe it! Had a call from the dealer today with good news and bad.

The good news is that my car has a build date of 16th December!!! Bad news is that its too late to change my wheels!? I find it hard to believe but he says there's no way as the builds confirmed. Bahh, I couldn't be bothered to argue, I wanted the diamond cut wheels in the first place, just gonna have to look after them.

So, need some advice as this is my first Range, any tips on running the car?

Is paint protection worth while? Dealer mentioned Autoglym- Any cheaper alternatives?
Also protection for Wheels?

Car mats and a flexible boot liner? Wheres the best place to buy that is?

And finally anyone recommend insurance brokers?

Many thanks in advance!! Thumbs Up

Post #322227 Tue Nov 22 2011 11:21pm
andman

Andorra 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

I just picked up my 2012 RRS last week......
I did quite a lot of research on paint sealants ...
You have two options.... 1. really good wax. 2. Nano technology sealant.....
I bought what I considered to be the best of each and decided to apply to different cars to se how well they last...

I went with Wolf's body wrap nano for the RRS.... quick IPA rub down first as you MUST remove all traces of wax b4 applying.
Took a couple of hours but looks the dogs....b Censored s... I'm told it should last well into a year.....

I also bought Collinite 476s super double coat wax.... haven't used it yet on my Porsche but will in the next week.... after reading a heap of reviews this wax should also last a year ( a lot for a wax)

The above is much better than any autoglym product out there by a linear mile....

I also bought two rim/wheel protectors for my diamond turned alloys......
1. Wolfs rim shield 2 . Chemical guys wheel guard...... Gtechnique also came very highly recommended..
I hope my countless hours of research saves you the bother for you new car...
You just spent £40k plus on your car... why suddenly look to save the odd £5 here or there looking after it????? Yawn

You can read a lot of reviews for these products here...
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheels-and-tyres/cat_7.html

Post #322232 Wed Nov 23 2011 5:46am
Beancounter_74

England 

supadipps wrote:
Well you wont believe it! Had a call from the dealer today with good news and bad.
The good news is that my car has a build date of 16th December!!! Bad news is that its too late to change my wheels!? I find it hard to believe but he says there's no way as the builds confirmed. Bahh, I couldn't be bothered to argue, I wanted the diamond cut wheels in the first place, just gonna have to look after them.

Great news, although they’re only wheels, surely they could amend those and just take another set out of stock Confused

supadipps wrote:
Is paint protection worth while? Dealer mentioned Autoglym- Any cheaper alternatives?

For the money I’m guessing they will be charging you (circa £300 ?) I’d either get a professional detailer in for the same if not less money, or buy the products and do it yourself. Andman has some good points above. Also worth getting yourself onto www.detailingworld.co.uk to see some example of the type of products he mentipons.

supadipps wrote:
Also protection for Wheels?

Take a look at something like Gtechniq C5, its brilliant, apply it once and it’ll last for ages, especially if you do end up with the diamond cuts wheels Thumbs Up

supadipps wrote:
Car mats and a flexible boot liner? Wheres the best place to buy that is?

I’d give Duckworths the forum sponsor here a call, competitive prices and free delivery Thumbs Up

supadipps wrote:
And finally anyone recommend insurance brokers?

Check out the comparision sites, Compare the market, Moneysupermarket etc, and also the non quoted ones, Direct Line for example. I recently went through this exercise for my first RRS and was surprised at how many now require a tracker, so that might be something else you need to look into. Its a trade off I suppose, save money on the policy, but spend it on a tracker. No tracker will probably result in a higher annual cost, so swings and roundabouts....

Main thing is, get out and enjoy your new car and get those all important pictures up Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )

Post #322242 Wed Nov 23 2011 10:10am
JonWitts

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Guys

I am also lucky to get on the Privilege benefit as I work for a Tata company (not LR !).

I ordered my RR sport in June and it was delivered in Oct, including the Diamond wheels !

This initial delivery date was for end of Nov, which was then brought forward by 4 weeks !!

Enjoy it when you get it.

Jon Jon Witts
2013 RR Sport HSE Black Edition
2012 RR Sport HSE - Gone
2006 RS4 Avant - Gone and missed
1988 Defender 90 - Competition truck
2011 Tiguan

Post #322300 Wed Nov 23 2011 3:11pm
Beancounter_74

England 

All this talk of privilege discounts is making me Big Cry ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i

Post #322325 Wed Nov 23 2011 5:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>