RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Road Tax Refund?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Richchad

United Kingdom 
Road Tax Refund?

My Freelander Road tax is due to be renewed just a few days before I part exchange for my RRS Sad
I intend to renew and then remove tax disc for refund Smile
Would my dealer be expecting to get either 6/12 months road tax with the vehicle Question
I know it sounds a bit mean, but every penny counts Wink Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #32475 Mon May 15 2006 1:03pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Richchad, your dealer will expect the tax disc.

I tried the same when I picked up my sport. The dealer actually asked for the tax disc !! I was hoping to get a refund from the DVLA as it had only been on my Freelander for 3 weeks. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #32476 Mon May 15 2006 1:06pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

TB wrote:
Richchad, your dealer will expect the tax disc.

I tried the same when I picked up my sport. The dealer actually asked for the tax disc !! I was hoping to get a refund from the DVLA as it had only been on my Freelander for 3 weeks.

It seems a bit unfair, as I am having to buy 12 months tax for the RRS from the same date.... Surprised
hmmm maybe I should just get 6 months worth.. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #32477 Mon May 15 2006 1:14pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Just spoken to a friend of mine who used to work in the car trade and he said the dealers only claim refunds on the unused road tax as they only sell new and second hand cars with new road tax and charge customer for it.
They look upon any unused road tax as a bonus Rolling Eyes
So as my car was valued a month or so ago with very little road tax on it, and the fact that I have had to renew my tax just a week before part exchanging it, I think I should remove and return tax for refund..otherwise I am paying for road tax on both my new and old car... Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #32997 Wed May 17 2006 3:02pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Just thought, I will be able to reclaim for the full year paid up on the RRS when we re-register it abroad!

It's a nice feeling when unexpected money comes your way!

A colleague reminded me to get my business mileage claim in to IR.

That's £3,600 that I'd forgotten about!

WOO-HOO! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #33001 Wed May 17 2006 3:30pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

....and I was just thinking I was talking to myself for a while then Sad .....thanks for the response SuperT...even though it was just about your unexpected finacial bonus Wink Laughing Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #33004 Wed May 17 2006 3:40pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I'm really giddy about this! Very Happy

To get an unexpected £50 here or £100 there is great but £3,600?

Mrs ST will no doubt use part of that for her rapidly expanding 'Warmer climate wardrobe', 'Handbag collection', or her 'Imelda Marcos humbling shoe collection' Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #33013 Wed May 17 2006 3:54pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

I have never given any dealer the road tax in a car I'm trading in. Its your tax and YOU are entitled to the refund. Tell the dealer to get STUFFED Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Twisted Evil
At the end of the day you don't get the disc on the new car free of charge from the dealer, you pay the full price for it.
There is no legal requirement for you to provide a car with tax disc supplied.

In fact if I was trading in a few days before I was taking delivery I wouldn't even bother buying a new disc. Which was the case when I got my RRS and the dealer didn't query it. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #33091 Wed May 17 2006 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1