RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Dogs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>

Jens0n

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Here's my fella at 12 weeks,

and now 5, 32 kilos. Walk with him 2hrs a day, currently he's asleep on my feet so not going anywhere!

If muddy, which Labs do very well, he travels in the SWMBO car!
Whistle

Post #419912 Tue Apr 01 2014 11:17am
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Beautiful dog you have there Jenson.....I would ease up on those two hour walks though...a little much for a three month old dog.....spevially the larger breeds. Thumbs Up 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #419918 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:04pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

He's 5 now!! Embarassed 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #419919 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:05pm
mad-dafty

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

My bad.......im reading these on my phone....only saw the top photo and comment....sorry Embarassed 2010 RRS TDV6 3.0 Autobiography - Stornoway Grey
2006 RRS TDV6 2.7 HSE -Java Black
2008 BMW 3 Series 2.l
2006 BMW 5 series 2.l

Post #419921 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:09pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Good point on the length of walks though - used to walk miles with my lab above and vet said it contributed to hip problems in later life Sad

I followed this guide for my current dog Thumbs Up

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/getting-a-...g-walking/

Quote:
Puppy exercising

Puppies need much less exercise than fully-grown dogs. If you over-exercise a growing puppy you can overtire it and damage its developing joints, causing early arthritis. A good rule of thumb is a ratio of five minutes exercise per month of age (up to twice a day) until the puppy is fully grown, i.e. 15 minutes when three months old, 20 minutes when four months old etc. Once they are fully grown, they can go out for much longer....

You should never exercise your puppy on a full stomach as this can contribute to bloat.....
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #419922 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:13pm
Jens0n

mad-dafty wrote:
Beautiful dog you have there Jenson.....I would ease up on those two hour walks though...a little much for a three month old dog.....spevially the larger breeds. Thumbs Up

Thanks mad, we kinda think he, Alfie's, handsome Wink

As mentioned above labs and exercise whilst growing to full skeletal frame , you have to be quite careful.
Limited walks through first 6-12 months depending on what you read.
Stairs are also bad for them, putting strain on elbows. We had stairgate for first 12 months, but now, he's upstairs and just jumps freely on and off our bed at his own will Twisted Evil

Post #419923 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:26pm
Jens0n

muddywheels wrote:
I had a Sam too - best dog I ever had Sad

Click image to enlarge

He looks like one stately gentleman in that Photo Muddy. They become such a big part of us when here but always fondly remembered when they make final journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

Post #419925 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:35pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

They sure do - I got him as a rescue aged 6 months after he had spent the first part of his life being kept in the garage by his first owner. We bonded instantly but took him years to trust anyone else. He did not bark for first year I had him either so think he had been "discouraged" from doing this Evil or Very Mad

Totally loyal - could walk him without a lead, leave the gate and door wide open and he would not go through them. Our kids used to jump all over him and never growled or snapped but if anyone came near the house or family he became very protective Bow down

One of the worst days of my life taking him to the vet and being told it was time to let him go - cried like a baby all weekend Embarassed

Would love another Lab but just can't face it and it's been nearly 18 months! The Westie is SWMBO's really and is very cute and loves curling up on your lap but I miss a big dog - and if the door was left open she would be out like greased lightening Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #419926 Tue Apr 01 2014 1:58pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Muddywheels, i truly feel for your loss, but it is a sad fact of life that dogs have a shorter life span than humans.

When it is time for them to go, it is always sad but then like a human we all only live so long and you really have to consider what quality and enjoyment in life there was and appreciate that in your dogs case it could have been much worse.

I happen to live in a country that has about the worst record of Animal cruelty there is and i am seriously not joking and apologise for the graphic image i now post up.

This picture was taken on Christmas day and shows the result of a Cypriot dog owner who wanting to go on holiday and having no one to look after his dog decided to dispose of it by tying it to the back of his Land Rover Defender and drive around town until it could no longer keep up and was then dragged to death.

So do not feel so bad about Sam, and consider that althought he may well have had a tough start in life as some of my dogs have also had, ultimately you mde a difference and Sam enjoyed sharing the rest of his life with you. I seriously doubt he has any complaints.

I have pretty much almost lost count of the many cases in which my wife and I have found and saved so many dogs and puppies and found new homes for them.

Just a week or two ago we pulled two puppies from the bottom of a sewer pipe where they had been dumped.

Click image to enlarge

Post #419976 Tue Apr 01 2014 6:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

This time I managed to upload the photo of my 2 babies.
Taken over the sofa again.
 MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #420015 Tue Apr 01 2014 7:23pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Bbs spy - I would trust a dog over a human any day. Not sure if its getting worse or just more reported now but can not believe the cruelty of some people - wouldn't mind dragging that defender owner behind the sport but then I would probably get done Evil or Very Mad

Keep up the good work Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #420030 Tue Apr 01 2014 8:23pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor

Cyprus 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Thanks muddywheels

Of course i fully agree and would also love to take this sick person for a ride behind any of my Land Rovers. But there is a long line to join for that Wink

But i posted this up only to show that sadly some dogs are not so lucky to get to live a life that is full of the love, warmth and due care and respect they deserve.

Whether a dog is still alive or having now passed on after a good life, that you love or loved it, just as much as it loves or loved you, and that it has or had no idea of how lucky it is or was by comparison is all that really matters.

It really warms me to see so many owners proudly posting pictures of their best friends Wink

As i mentioned we pulled two puppies from the end of this disused length of sewer pipe, a boy and a girl.
Our rescue effort attracted much attention, including that from someone who had been trying to get a puppie for his 3 kids but could not afford the astronomical pet shop prices. We tried to persuade him to take both, hoping they could stay together, but he could not. So in the end we allowed him to take his pick of the two knowing that at least one would have a good home.

As you see by the size of her eyes in the picture, the remaining Girl was pretty shocked and traumatized by it all and it took over an hour of love and constant cuddles to calm her down.

Click image to enlarge

We quickly circulated pictures of her to our contacts and quickly found a family in Germany who just fell in love with her and were willing to pay whatever costs it would take to have her.

When someone is willing to stump up about 2K, it is reasonable to imagine that this would not be a bad home.

To cheer you up i should tell you that this is actually not the first time we have found good homes in Germany for puppies.

About a year ago, on a Sunday afternoon, my wife and I were taking a drive on quite a desolate track of the type you need a Landy for, with a view to finding somewhere to let our dogs out for a free run.
By the roadside there was a lot of stuff like building matiriels that had been dumped.

Some substantial way off the track my wife noticed that there was a cardbord box about a foot square that she thought was odd. To me it was just an empty box or something with half a dozen unwanted and dumped tiles but non the less i obeyed her instructions to stop so she could check this mystery box out.

Imagine my surprise when she pulled these two little fellas out of the box.

Click image to enlarge

Although otherwise healthy, they were totally rife with fleas and i still recall when we got them home and put them back in a box to spray and fumigate them causing them to wriggle and itch beyond belief for a few minutes before they got a full on wash, shampoo and set before this photo debut LOL

In this case we managed to find these two brothers a home with a German family that would keep them together.

Post #420113 Wed Apr 02 2014 6:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
martyn05

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Dusty is nearly 4 years old (next month) and comes to work with me every day

[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2006 RRS SC Bonatti Grey (the 55th car/van I have owned)
2005 GSX 1400 K5

Post #420124 Wed Apr 02 2014 8:10pm
ConorB

Northern Ireland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

My two cocker spaniels Fionn & Flanagan as pups.

A bit more grown up last Halloween.

Post #420170 Thu Apr 03 2014 9:42am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

SWMBO loves the pic of them in the boot Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #420183 Thu Apr 03 2014 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>