Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Sticking Hill Descent Switch / Terrain Switches
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Sticking Hill Descent Switch / Terrain Switches

Please allow me to try...

Recently there were some complaints of sticking Hill Descent and Terrain switches. Apparently switches have a slow return to their resting position when operated, require a higher initial operating force to break them from their rest position or are permanently stuck.

LR has advised that this failure can be associated to drinks or other fluids being spilled over the switch pack and draining into the switches whereby the fluid will dry out and become sticky and / or small particles like sand or fine grit have got between the housing and the switch button. Obviously these failures are due to owners/drivers misuse.

The fix is to vacuum the switch pack to remove any loose debris, it is advisable to cycle the switches during this part of the cleaning process to help dislodge any larger debris (ensure the ignition is switched off throughout the cleaning process).

On completion of vacuuming follow up by using an air line with a clean air supply coupled with a Fine Nozzle Blow
Gun if available, to blow out any remaining debris / fluid from between the switch and the housing.

Wipe the Switch Pack with a soft damp cloth using warm water and non-detergent soap to moisten. Ensure the
cloth is pushed / drawn between the switches and the switch button to housing interfaces rinsing the cloth
frequently. Repeat the process if need to and then dry off the switch pack with a clean dry cloth.

Note - "Carbaflo LC10W is a suitable cleaning agent / lubricant that can be applied to the switches in lieu of
water and will aid in future switch operation".

I am not too sure but I hope the above qualifies to be in this thread (there is a fault and there is a fix). And I sincerely wish the exchanges on another thread will remain as banter and nothing more. Laughing

Have a good weekend everybody!! Cool Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #316612 Sat Oct 08 2011 1:56pm
FatJoe

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black

Hey I found this post using the 'search' button Smile My RR has a stuck Terrain Response dial. It will pop up and down but won't turn to the other driving settings. Its just in the standard one. Tried cleaning but it seems jammed. Any ideas?

Post #446531 Sun Dec 28 2014 6:51am
FatJoe

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black

Sorted mine and guess what, it was just sticky pop holding the button. Needed a good teist and now all works fine. Thanks for this thread.

Post #446686 Mon Dec 29 2014 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1