RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why is that lady driving my sold car?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Quad

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Why is that lady driving my sold car?

Hey guys,
I've been a relatively requent reader of the forum for the last few weeks and am finally ponying up to register. I have had a Java/Ebony Sport S/C on order since mid March and have been expecting an "April 06" delivery. The car came in yesterday, which lead me to drive over to the dealer to look at it. Upon arrival and as the salesman and I are approaching my car we realize that it isn't parked, and that there are at least 2 passengers. We walk up to it and am approached by another salesman. I glance at him and tell him that that's my car. He rattles off something ridiculous, along the lines of "They were only driving it around the parking lot".

So yes, a LR salesman was allowing a test drive of a SOLD car, and was caught in the act by the owner. I made a bit of a stink, probably not as large of a stink as I should have, but nonetheless I wasn't thrilled with the guy.

Regardless, the truck looks great and I'm looking forward to picking it up over the weekend.

Post #30110 Fri May 05 2006 1:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I would kick up a bigger fuss and get some freebies thrown in. BTW it's not a truck! Twisted Evil 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #30112 Fri May 05 2006 1:21pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

i would have killed everyone .. Twisted Evil 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #30116 Fri May 05 2006 1:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Screw them for what you can get out of them!

Freebies, discount (Claim it's in theory a used car) - What ever you can get. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #30117 Fri May 05 2006 1:47pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

here in Germany laws is like this: over 250 kms on the car = its used - under 250 kms = its new... 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #30120 Fri May 05 2006 1:54pm
Quad

I don't know that it'll qualify as used here in the States with 6 miles (~10 km) either.

It's just the principle behind allowing a prospective buyer test drive a sold car. I don't know how it is any different than allowing a test drive of a car in for service.

Post #30170 Fri May 05 2006 2:57pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

mmm.. i know i would hit the roof if i went in and saw my new RS4 being tested in the car park.. in fact i would probably kill all that were present also.. well said Angel..

But if it was just rolling in the car park, what harm could it do.. but on the other side of the coin.. whats the point in that test drive!! bet the people were a little embarrassed also.. did u cause a scene?

I hijacked someone else's booked test drive on saturday.. but thats a bit different, it was Mercs own car, and this guy was only test driving it as a demo.. hardly worth crying over!

Post #30174 Fri May 05 2006 3:00pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Quad wrote:
I don't know that it'll qualify as used here in the States with 6 miles (~10 km) either.

It's just the principle behind allowing a prospective buyer test drive a sold car. I don't know how it is any different than allowing a test drive of a car in for service.

I'm not saying this is a legitimate arguement, all I'm saying is it's another arguement to use against them.

"How would you feel if other people had been testing your RRS, just on a car park or not!" Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #30175 Fri May 05 2006 3:00pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

It's obviously the principle here... mechanically, there might not have been any damage but what if while rolling round the car park, they ding it against a concrete pillar or one of test drivers spills their Ribena all over the floor?

The way to avoid that sort of thing is not to hand the keys to sold cars to any old scrote that walks through the door. I would've been fuming, personally. And then I would have set Mrs Shmoogle on them Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #30179 Fri May 05 2006 3:05pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

..Could you set Mrs Shmoogle on me next please? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #30182 Fri May 05 2006 3:06pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Be careful what you wish for! Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #30184 Fri May 05 2006 3:06pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

haha...! Very Happy

Post #30187 Fri May 05 2006 3:08pm
Quad

Quote:
But if it was just rolling in the car park, what harm could it do.. but on the other side of the coin.. whats the point in that test drive!! bet the people were a little embarrassed also.. did u cause a scene?

You're right in that there isn't any harm in it, but I'm a little bitter that some random lady drove my Range Rover Sport before I did. Simply sitting in it wouldn't have bothered me, but she's navigating it around. It might sound petty, but it is a $72,000 car.

Quote:
whats the point in that test drive!! bet the people were a little embarrassed also.. did u cause a scene?

They were a bit embarrassed and I wasn't upset with them, but the salesman should have known better. I mean, he wasn't even inside the car as they were driving around the parking lot. He was standing by the curb watching them. I didn't exactly make a scene, but the salesman knew that I wasn't happy and apologized extensively.

Quote:
"How would you feel if other people had been testing your RRS, just on a car park or not!"

Well said. Smile

Post #30195 Fri May 05 2006 3:11pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

What did ur salesman say? i bet they had a heated argument once you left the showroom..

Post #30206 Fri May 05 2006 3:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1