RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Warning when booking a service into the Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

shepp

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Warning when booking a service into the Dealers

I have called five dealers to get a price for a 5 year service, for my sc, prices range from £375 to £569.
The most worrying thing is, all the dealers except 1 quoted me for a service but left out the items that are only applicable to the 5 year service
eg
Replace transfer case oil.
Replace locking differential oil.
Replace dynamic reponse filter
The above are all compulsary (inclusive in the service price, according to landrovers own check sheet)
Once mentioned all of the dealers except one, (Copley Landrover because they quoted for the complete service at the cheapest price Thumbs Up ) wanted extra for each of the three items above, some totting up an extra £300 on top of the service.
One dealer even said most cars dont have the rear electric locking diff and don't do it, so i advised him i did, and he could not quote a price, as they have never done one.

I can not believe the idiots that service our motors,
Moral of story always check the service check sheet, you may not be getting a full service

Post #302169 Tue Jun 07 2011 4:13pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I have just had 2nd service done on my RRS - quoted £350 @ Stratstone Hull and Pickering but £495 @ Armstrong Massey York Confused

So went for Stratstone @ £350 but when picked up was given bill for £510 Shocked

Pointed out the quote was £350 and after Service spoke to Manager they agreed to honour £350 but advised me in future to ensure telephone staff write price quoted on job sheet Rolling Eyes

Not sure why I am responsible for telling them how to do their job Yawn

Also found oil mark on roof lining and just had alloys refurbished but they are now scratched around bolts when wheels removed during service - they also rotated my contis because I complained about edge wear Evil or Very Mad

They did however leave me bottle of oil in boot for top up Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #302178 Tue Jun 07 2011 5:08pm
mse

United Kingdom 

Quote:
They did however leave me bottle of oil in boot for top up

Probably because they didnt put the correct amount in to begin with being stratstone! Mike

2014 Facelift Discovery

Last edited by mse on Tue Jun 07 2011 7:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #302179 Tue Jun 07 2011 5:18pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I found AM, York to be way out on price too, so heading to Farnells Leeds instead like last year

Post #302185 Tue Jun 07 2011 6:32pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I got my RRS serviced at rocar moores Huddersfield 5th year service and mot for just £235.00, like you said shepp they then advised me that it is recommened that they replace the transfer case oil at £64.00, but after telling them if its recommened just as the 5th year service is recommened, then it should be included in the 5th year service quote, so they gave me a 20% discount on the oil, try quoting VIPSM Thumbs Up But don't tell them i told you the code. Laughing

Post #302204 Tue Jun 07 2011 8:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1