RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Are girls allowed?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

peskypooch

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Are girls allowed?

Hello everyone!

I don't seem to see many girls on this forum - hope you don't mind me sneaking in....

I am soo excited - am picking up my brand new RRS on Sat - can't wait. Never had one before but in the hunt for a new 4x4 I have tested Audi Q7, Lexus Rh450, Mercedes M350 Grand Ed and none came up to the standard of the RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE which I have now bought. Very Happy

Being a girl there was much deliberation about the colour (it needs to go with everything) but have gone for a safe option of the Stornoway Grey. I'm a little nervous about having an ivory interior. My kids are teenagers now so a little less messy than toddlers - nonetheless I would appreciate any advice others can give about keeping the ivory leather pristine for as long as poss. Maybe banning the kids is an option?

Roll on Saturday... MY11 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey, paddleshift & heated steering wheel, Anigre wood, Ivory leather - nearly here!

I sometimes have access to MY09 Jaguar XKR convertible when other half lets me

Post #293381 Wed Mar 23 2011 5:53pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Welcome to the forum
Even with ebony leather, banning the kids sounds like a good idea!!
Had mine a year now and still love it to bits!
Enjoy
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #293383 Wed Mar 23 2011 6:25pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

I find that Autoglym leather cleaner and conditioner cream keep the leather looking good, my car is 5 and half years old and I have to transport a 4 & 6 year old in it on a daily basis...

Constantly peeling part eaten sweeties off the back seats and removing shoe marks from the back of the front seats.

Cleaner gets all the marks off and the conditioner cream 'nourishes' the leather. Don't know if it's all marketing nonsense to make me buy 2 bottles, but the seats look good for their age.

Post #293390 Wed Mar 23 2011 8:11pm
big pimp

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I would detail cars for family and friends pretty frequently and have been a long time user of gliptone which is great.

The best product I've found, especially for the new perforated leather are Dr Leather wipes.

You'll get them from DrLeather.com (as far as I can remember) and are nearly as good as gliptone on really dirty seats but far better for normal cleaning.

You DONT need conditioners for your new leather seats either, so don't waste your money!

Best advice is keep the leather clean and Hoover out the joints, and even a wipe with a clean damp microfibre is normally enough to maintain it!

Good luck with your new motor!

Edit: here's a pic of my dads Audi A8 50:50 cleaned with the DrLeather wipes:
 MY10 HSE 3.0 TDV6 : Santorini Black : Ebony Interior w/Anigre wood : Privacy Glass (total) : Sunroof : Sidesteps : Hybrid TV : Detachable Tow Kit : Spare Wheel Cover : 22" Dished Supersports

Post #293395 Wed Mar 23 2011 9:37pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Gliptone is amazing stuff, I have also been using it for years.........just love the way it adds the leather smell back into the seat, albeit the smell of a 1950's Bentley, but still the best IMO. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #293399 Wed Mar 23 2011 10:17pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I bought a packet of leather wipes in Asda when I had the cream leather in XCshed and it took any marks straight off. Sworn by them since. Cant remember the name just now. Still keep a pack in the boot of the X5 for emergencies Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #293408 Wed Mar 23 2011 11:40pm
davyo

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: Are girls allowed?

peskypooch wrote:
Hello everyone!

I don't seem to see many girls on this forum - hope you don't mind me sneaking in....

I am soo excited - am picking up my brand new RRS on Sat - can't wait. Never had one before but in the hunt for a new 4x4 I have tested Audi Q7, Lexus Rh450, Mercedes M350 Grand Ed and none came up to the standard of the RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE which I have now bought. Very Happy

Being a girl there was much deliberation about the colour (it needs to go with everything) but have gone for a safe option of the Stornoway Grey. I'm a little nervous about having an ivory interior. My kids are teenagers now so a little less messy than toddlers - nonetheless I would appreciate any advice others can give about keeping the ivory leather pristine for as long as poss. Maybe banning the kids is an option?

Roll on Saturday...

Welcome

of course Girls are allowed, more girls the better !!
No good having a male dominated forum
Bring on the girls..... Thumbs Up

Post #293409 Wed Mar 23 2011 11:41pm
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Hey There

Girls are defo allowed, as I am one !!!

Welcome to the forum and I hope that you enjoy youre car!.

Im absolutely loving mine that I got last week ! Smile

Post #293441 Thu Mar 24 2011 9:53am
Endjin

Scotland 

Welcome to the Forum Peskypooch Thumbs Up
As the others have said, The more girls the better,
Wouldn't want all us boys having it all our own way Wink

My only advice on your Ivory Leather is to be careful when wearing
new jeans as you can sometimes get blue marks on your leather.
If you use the search function on the forum you'll find plenty of posts
about how to get it off Thumbs Up

Enjoy your new RRS and hope you enjoy being part of the forum Thumbs Up 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #293442 Thu Mar 24 2011 10:00am
Siberianfox

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Ady 555 wrote:
peskypooch wrote:
Hello everyone!

Hi and welcome Thumbs Up Siberianfox will be on shortly to say hello when shes recovered for her trip to italy, i think she is the only other female on here at the moment, but i would guess there are a few girls on here too Laughing It looks like you've been given enough advise already and just enjoy your new motor oh and don't forget the pics. Thumbs Up
Ady

Ady!!!! Dont know what time i will get to yours...Ive woke up with really messy hair and im struggling to decide what shoes to wear!! ( Rolling with laughter )
What time you want me>? Smile

Post #293444 Thu Mar 24 2011 10:02am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Siberianfox wrote:
Ady 555 wrote:
peskypooch wrote:
Hello everyone!

Hi and welcome Thumbs Up Siberianfox will be on shortly to say hello when shes recovered for her trip to italy, i think she is the only other female on here at the moment, but i would guess there are a few girls on here too Laughing It looks like you've been given enough advise already and just enjoy your new motor oh and don't forget the pics. Thumbs Up
Ady

Ady!!!! Dont know what time i will get to yours...Ive woke up with really messy hair and im struggling to decide what shoes to wear!! ( Rolling with laughter )
What time you want me>?

Now Thumbs Up Ooops sorry i was thinking of something else Embarassed

Post #293455 Thu Mar 24 2011 11:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
i think she is the only other female on her

No there's pussy!

Welcome to the forum - what dealer are you buying from? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #293457 Thu Mar 24 2011 12:02pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Very Annoyed wrote:
Quote:
i think she is the only other female on her

No there's pussy!

Welcome to the forum - what dealer are you buying from?

Ooops sorry pussy Thumbs Up

Post #293465 Thu Mar 24 2011 1:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peskypooch

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Wow what a welcome

Hi all,

I have to say thanks for all the messages. Good to know there is at least one other girl here. Smile
Thanks too for all the leather care tips - not going to wear new blue jeans as now can't afford them after buying a RRS!

Someone asked which dealer: It's Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton. So far our experience there has been fabulous and our sales person Sophie has provided us with a refreshing view of the motor industry.

Our first attempt to buy a RRS was at a dealer in Guildford but that experience took us straight back to the days of Arthur Daley! So we switched dealer & glad we did & has proved not all motor dealers are the same! Thumbs Up

Thanks again to all who replied and I promise to post pics once we have her in our possession. MY11 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey, paddleshift & heated steering wheel, Anigre wood, Ivory leather - nearly here!

I sometimes have access to MY09 Jaguar XKR convertible when other half lets me

Post #293512 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:36pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes Hunters in Guildford are useless and would not recommend their sales dept. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #293514 Thu Mar 24 2011 5:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>