RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Whats U2023 DTC code?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

donchusky

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Buckingham Blue
Whats U2023 DTC code?

Hello everyone! I have this U2023 code coming up and my transmission is permanently lowered. HDC fault system unavailable and Transmission problem limited gears available keep popping up on the cluster. There is a big "F" showing in the Sport gear display.

I noticed that compressor isn't working also.

Could this be a battery problem? Batteries went flat about two months ago and I had to jump-start it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Post #287397 Sun Jan 30 2011 9:04am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Yes, there's a failure in the engine torque signal due to TCM supply voltage.
Should clear up with the new battery. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #287472 Mon Jan 31 2011 12:15am
donchusky

Thanks Bobby. I went out to get a new battery. My old battery was tested and found okay. However, they fixed a new battery to test the reset but the fault showed again after i started the car. My old battery was fixed back so I did not have to pay for the new one.

I have decided to test every fuse now. Will feed you back soon. However, if you have any other suggestions, I will be most grateful. Thanks for your support!

Post #287488 Mon Jan 31 2011 9:48am
avos

Do you have a TDV8? RRS SDV6 HEV Dynamic
XKR 700 BHP with Twin-screw and LSD

Post #287501 Mon Jan 31 2011 11:40am
donchusky

No! Mine is a V8 Supercharged.

I just had a brand new battery fitted and have driven about 15km home from the shop and no changes yet.

Post #287504 Mon Jan 31 2011 12:20pm
avos

There was a service bulletin for a TDV8, obviously not related.

The fault code means that the TCM is getting a torque signal from the ECM which it thinks is not right. The ECU is calculating the torque based (amongst others) on airflow/rpm, and there something goes obviously wrong. So I would guess the first place to start is to ensure the engine is working fine, no pending codes etc, and also check your ltft and stft trims. This should ensure that the ECM is calculating the torque values right. It would be helpful if you have IDS available, as then you can also monitor for instance the torque values, and maybe that will already show if all is fine or not.

Better also to double check the CAN cabling, although you would have received other failures too if somethign was not right. RRS SDV6 HEV Dynamic
XKR 700 BHP with Twin-screw and LSD

Post #287507 Mon Jan 31 2011 12:53pm
donchusky

Thanks avos. It is beginning to make sense to me now. Just to mention, I just noticed that the front right wheel is wobbling.......confirmed bad wheel bearing. I am going to have that replaced asap. The bearing is squeeky and you can actually hear it grinding within. perhaps that would disturb the motion sensor on that wheel thereby causing false reading;.........just my thought!

Any other suggestions will be appreciated....thanks a lot!

Post #287511 Mon Jan 31 2011 1:26pm
donchusky

SORTED!

Hey everyone, I want to thank you so much for your worthy contributions. The only regret here is that I spent money on the new battery that I didn't need.

I probed further by looking out for broken joins and connections within the engine harness. I found that the engine coolant sensor cable had cut and was touching the body of the engine. I fixed the joint and insulated a few other peeled cables and packed them properly to prevent another incident which I want to believe occured due to rubbing of the wires against hot edges and plates on the engine.

I have taken her on a drive and stretched her to the limit...........u know what.......?????

She responded as usual! I really am very grateful to you guys! Thanks once more......!

Post #287535 Mon Jan 31 2011 4:46pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Thumbs Up Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #287705 Wed Feb 02 2011 3:24am
kozzone

Finland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

donchusky wrote:
SORTED!

Hey everyone, I want to thank you so much for your worthy contributions. The only regret here is that I spent money on the new battery that I didn't need.

I probed further by looking out for broken joins and connections within the engine harness. I found that the engine coolant sensor cable had cut and was touching the body of the engine. I fixed the joint and insulated a few other peeled cables and packed them properly to prevent another incident which I want to believe occured due to rubbing of the wires against hot edges and plates on the engine.

I have taken her on a drive and stretched her to the limit...........u know what.......?????

She responded as usual! I really am very grateful to you guys! Thanks once more......!

Im having this same problem. But in my case it only occurs when I drive over 80km/h speeds and only when I apply gas pedal hard. Restarting the car solves everything but its annoying cause like every fifth overtaking attempt goes wrong and its dangerous too cause engine cuts power.

Just had my transmission oil changed. It changes really smooth now and the juggering is gone but on fully load and high speeds it feel like it drops of a gear... So frustrating. Im removing my diesel power box which has been on for a year now if that could do something bad to cause all this.

On engine side there is a fault code from rail pressure and I know its because of the power box but is that related to the torque counting thingy?

EDIT: Transmission otherwise works perfectly. No gear stucks or anything. It changes very smoothly. Sometimes when this transmission faul light comes there's also a Electronic Parking brake fault also in display. That also works well when applied.

EDIT2: Battery is brand new. Alternator has been replaced.

Post #501769 Wed Jul 27 2016 3:19pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Would suggest you try changing the fuel filter if you haven't already.. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #501774 Wed Jul 27 2016 6:24pm
kozzone

Finland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the reply! I got that in my trunk already waiting to be installed! I guess the car needs to be on lift? For what i read the next step is the High Pressure Fuel Pump Sad

Post #501775 Wed Jul 27 2016 6:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1