RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Shes got to go.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AlexMckie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Shes got to go.....

Well, after much deliberation she has to go.... 13 months... Some bad but mostly very good...

This economic climate is crippling my business and have had to ask everyone to take 20% cut so no longer would it be right to drive to work in a RRS no matter how old!!! Plus the .04p a litre coming later.... Evil or Very Mad

It's been good fun watching all the banter..... 22" 20" 19" 18" 17".....

I will give you guys a heads up on the add asap but looking for around 20K for a '55 HSE in Rimini/Black with 84K. Rear screens, Dog guard, tow hitch, Bluetooth. 20"s...

Proper add to follow in the right section with donation of course...

Many thanks....

Alex

Post #287053 Wed Jan 26 2011 11:55pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

sorry to hear that! this year is going to be a tough one!! we are finding trade difficult as well, but as i buy my cars outright and it was bought in a "good" year - it wouldnt make sense to down size.next time i change in about 3 or 4 years i may well decide to get a better mpg out of my next choice. if i bought a repmobile i could save the company £30k, but the way i look at it is that if i need £30k to keep the company afloat then i may as well close the doors. (fortunateley i only take a salary to cover my costs and have always kept 70/80% of our profits in the company - this has a downside, as the mony i made 15 years ago is worth feck all!!
i sincerely hope things turn around for you, much as i admire you setting an example to your workforce, examine the consequenses of chopping in your rrs carefully - at 5 years old you could just say you are haning on to it for a good few years longer than you would have!
regards
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #287060 Thu Jan 27 2011 12:41am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sorry to hear your situation Sad

It took me years to afford my RRS but in order to keep my staff and customers sweet I hide it in the garage until weekends/ evenings/holidays and drive a FL1 the rest of the time Embarassed

It is sad but self employed friends and family have pointed out if they meet a prospective customer in their RRS they never get the job no matter how competitive the quote - but if they arrive in the wife's punto/fiesta, etc they get the contract Rolling Eyes

If it has a RR badge and no matter how old it is - it just annoys a lot of people - it doesn't matter how many hours a week/weekends/evenings/holidays you worked to afford it Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #287108 Thu Jan 27 2011 5:35pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Quote:
It is sad but self employed friends and family have pointed out if they meet a prospective customer in their RRS they never get the job no matter how competitive the quote - but if they arrive in the wife's punto/fiesta, etc they get the contract :Rolling Eyes

It strange that people work that way in some industries, i suppose its down to the fact if you drive a nice car they think your making too much profit from them, not the fact that your many highly competetive quotes make up for it.

It does work the other way round though too, an estate agent came to try and sell my old house in a old mondeo held together with gaffer, he talked the talk and his % was better but his image was poor (he says typing with no tie on and 3 days of stubble and a car thats covered in dirt)

@AlexMckiehope things improve for you Thumbs Up What business are you in?

Post #287110 Thu Jan 27 2011 5:51pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about that Alex.

These are indeed very difficult times. I just heard a competitor of mine has just gone on a 3 day week - very sad.

I hope things pick up for you. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #287115 Thu Jan 27 2011 6:47pm
AlexMckie

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Thanks Guys...

I'm in Music Software and hardware distribution.

It all started in the election month..... Sales down from 210k / month to 170k. Shocked Scared the fook out of me.... I have 9 people working for/with me and sales did rally up a bit in December but we are lucky now to hit 170k. Lowest month was 130k.

Good thing is I have some equity in the car so that will help....

Thanks again....

Alex

Post #287129 Thu Jan 27 2011 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1