RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Really bad dealer issue- any advice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ilard

United Kingdom 

That's good the dealer was understanding. For the record, I would say the dealer had been negligent in common law and because their negligence caused injury then you would be entitled to compensation. Since you did not check the seat sufficiently before placing your child in it then the dealer could argue they were only partially to blame (e.g. 50% to blame) which would reduce the compensation they owed. Additionally, any terms and conditions signed as part of your agreement for them to work on your car could also affect the amount of compensation they would be liable for - generally they cannot contract out of compensation altogether, but they could attempt to limit it to the value of the work, or the value of the car, or whatever.

Since both you and the dealer handled the situation sensibly then none of the above matters! Thumbs Up The most important thing is a change of policy regards child seat removal, which you have succeeded in doing, however, it would be better if this matter was taken beyond that one dealer so that other dealers can hear about the "lesson learned".

The only similar situation I have had is when by girlfriend picked up a second hand card from a non-franchise dealer. She called me complaining the wheels were noisy. Turns out the wheel nuts on all 4 wheels were only half-tight at the most! Shocked But no accident was caused in that instance...

Post #275740 Fri Sep 10 2010 2:57pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

Excellent!!! Very good of the dealer to act so quickly.

You should name him now, as we are quick enough to name and slate them when things go wrong Thumbs Up

Just read it again edited it to make sense. Embarassed Embarassed

Last edited by Misery on Fri Sep 10 2010 8:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #275741 Fri Sep 10 2010 3:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I think it sounds like a amicable outcome for you and the family

I hope the dealer does what he says and is not just saying what you want him too Neutral

I often take both my seats out, as 9 of 10 times i need to use them in the loan car for transporting the kids about

But it has made me think about the attaching side of it a little more as one is seat belt fix, and is easily seen if not attached as the seat itself moves, the other is isofixed and is not as easy, so i for one will be checking them a little more now

Post #275742 Fri Sep 10 2010 3:29pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I think you have a fair result and the main issue is that the dealer actually admitted some portion of blame and has acted upon it, i think you should name them as people are very quick to slate when things are not good.

Post #275755 Fri Sep 10 2010 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12