RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > When you were a kid did you ever make one of these?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
When you were a kid did you ever make one of these?

Did you ever get a set of pram wheels, a couple of bits of wood, a large bolt and some string to make what in Scotland was called a bogie or cartie?.......................... Well today they are called gravity assisted vehicles (sounds terrible H&SE or PC doesn't it!) and are a bit hitech compared to what I remember them as and the riders seem to be a little bigger than in those days

This is the official video of the GAV's competing at Aviemore recently, looks great fun too - rememberv none of these vehicles has any form of power, not even pedals

Just imagine doing the downhill of the Stelvio Pass in one of these Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #273981 Mon Aug 16 2010 1:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Endjin

Scotland 

Rolling with laughter I remember building a Bogie, just as you described it Tim, Although mine did have the optional
extras of nails that were a wee bit long for the wood they were holding together! Confused Resulting in my wee brother
impaling his hand on one of them on it's maiden run Shocked Och well, he should've known that Test Pilot is a
dangerous job! Whistle Aaah precious childhood memories........ I can still almost feel the skelp on the lug I got from my Dad... Embarassed Whistle 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #274046 Mon Aug 16 2010 10:45pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

brakes!!!!!! lol, my bogie had a 2x2 fixed to rub against the rear wheel!!
iv heard that some of the F1 team techies that do this for the goodwood soapbox run use wind tunnel testing at thousands of pounds a go!! MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #274047 Mon Aug 16 2010 10:53pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes Davie I tried the dod of 2x2 as well. Even though I am not in the least technical I reckon some of those carts on the video would have gone faster if they had had round wheels instead of buckled ones, but 64mph in one of those contraptions must have put the clappers up some Life Insurers! The road looks like one from the ski centre/ cable car carpark down to the village. I haven't been there since 1973 so it's probably changed a bit over the years. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #274063 Tue Aug 17 2010 4:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1