RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS owners living in Dubai........please read this
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Streaky

United Arab Emirates 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Alaska White
RRS owners living in Dubai........please read this

I am an English expat living in the regeon for the past 19 years.

How do you find ownership of the RRS in the GULF? Whats the service like from Al Tayer? Any comments about buying a used RRS etc. What problems have you had with your RRS?
I am looking for RRS HSE but they seem to be quite rare and might have to go for 2nd hand super charged instead.
I only want the car as an occasional weekend car...not my everyday drive.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,

S

Post #267518 Mon May 31 2010 3:12pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

then you should go SC Smile

member sportman should be able to help you Smile

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/member64.html 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #267519 Mon May 31 2010 3:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

And with fuel prices there you would run SC day in day out

Post #267527 Mon May 31 2010 6:11pm
Rob_J

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Try Ab Dabs was there yesterday & there seemed to be loads of RRS's around HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
911GT3 (Guards Red, carbon interior)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #267531 Mon May 31 2010 7:15pm
Streaky

Thanks Rob.

Can I assume that you drive a RRS SC in the UAE then? Whats your thought on the car and the service from the dealers here?

I have been looking on DuBizzle and found quite a few cars for sale by locals which as we both know could mean that the car has been thrashed to within a few seconds of iminant failure. Locals tend to wash their cars everyday but when it comes to service bills they will send the car to a back street workshop for fixing.

Thx for the advice....

S

Post #267551 Tue Jun 01 2010 6:46am
Rob_J

Streaky wrote:
Thanks Rob.

Can I assume that you drive a RRS SC in the UAE then? Whats your thought on the car and the service from the dealers here?

I have been looking on DuBizzle and found quite a few cars for sale by locals which as we both know could mean that the car has been thrashed to within a few seconds of iminant failure. Locals tend to wash their cars everyday but when it comes to service bills they will send the car to a back street workshop for fixing.

Thx for the advice....

S

No I'm based in the UK but do a lot of work with ADNOC. Actually was chatting with my client about them on Sunday however. He mentioned that they still have a very high status in the Emirates & are very desireable with the younger Emiratis. Given the way most of them drive this probably not a great advert! He also stated that the enjoy a reputation for being very costly to run compared to the normal stuff over there.

I can only give my opinion based on my history over here & it's very good. I've had min for 4 1/2 years from new. Done 56k & apart from normal servicing, tyres & 1 set of brake pads I've not spent a penny on it. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #267578 Tue Jun 01 2010 5:50pm
Streaky

Thanks for that Rob....hopefully we'll find a couple of RRS owners on here soon.

Regards.

S.

Post #267605 Wed Jun 02 2010 6:17am
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Streaky,

I don't live in Dubai, but, do drive an RRS SC in Oman. Its an American import and I've had no problems with it at all. AC deals with the heat 90% of the time. It only really has issues when its 45C with 80% humidity, then it struggles, but, so do the others...

I dealt with Al Tayer on SZR and found them to be very good, they serviced my limited edition Range Rover Classic.

If you buy a 2nd hand one make sure its from an expat, otherwise as you say the chances are its been thrashed to within 1 inch of its life... 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #267607 Wed Jun 02 2010 6:28am
Streaky

Thanks Guyzer.
Did you buy your US spec car in Oman or import it direct? What is the price gap difference for the different spec cars then? I have seen a number of US cars for sale here on Dubizzle but steered away from them for warranty reasons. However if the price gap between the two spec cars was justifiable I might be tempted to take a look at them.

Thanks & regards.

S

Post #267621 Wed Jun 02 2010 9:11am
Rob_J

Streaky wrote:
Thanks Guyzer.
Did you buy your US spec car in Oman or import it direct? What is the price gap difference for the different spec cars then? I have seen a number of US cars for sale here on Dubizzle but steered away from them for warranty reasons. However if the price gap between the two spec cars was justifiable I might be tempted to take a look at them.

Thanks & regards.

S

Just to follow on on this. My client drove a Merc S55 fully loaded. He'd imported it from the US. Apparently including shipping plus his returns flights to the US to pay for it, it still worked out cheaper. Surprised me but the guy assured me he still saved a lot of money. HSE TD6 (Java Black/Ivory)
ElanSE (BRG)
Panamera Turbo S
Boxster S

Post #267702 Wed Jun 02 2010 9:53pm
Streaky

Well...the deed is done. I found a late 2008 Alpine White Ra Ro Sport Supercharged last week and now all I have to do is save up for the speeding fines.
The car has a long warranty left and also has 4 new tyres.
It has 30% 3m tinted windows all round which help reduce the heat on the black leather when you first get in Censored .

Things I don't like........not alot but I wish there was a better way to run my iPod than having to run it through the rear passengers aux socket. Those FM transceivers are rubbish here...I tried the Griffin and binned it after a day!
Also. The cubby box on-top of the cooler isn't very big so there's no where to store the usual odds and sods.
Fuel economy is appauling......I have filled it up twice since picking it up on Thursday Big Cry I think my company might recall my petrol card soon!

I'm looking forward to sharing some banter with you guys now. Cool

Post #269774 Mon Jun 28 2010 3:40pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

I might see you in Dubai while I'm here!! What does a tank of gas cost you these days out here??

Post #269790 Mon Jun 28 2010 8:02pm
Streaky

It depends on when you are here Nick. I fly to Australia this Thursday for 2 weeks with Sheikh Hamad to start work on a 8 wheel drive Nissan Patrol project car that he's has his mind on for a few months! Arggghhhhh.....the mind boggles.

Fuel prices.....I don't ever check to be honest! But to fill up the RRS is around 20-25 UK pounds I guess. In the UAE you just sit inside the airconditioned car whilst our little petrol pump friend fills it up...I hand him a charge card and drive onto the next fuel station!

Simples!

Post #269819 Tue Jun 29 2010 7:42am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Streaky wrote:
It depends on when you are here Nick. I fly to Australia this Thursday for 2 weeks with Sheikh Hamad to start work on a 8 wheel drive Nissan Patrol project car that he's has his mind on for a few months! Arggghhhhh.....the mind boggles.

Fuel prices.....I don't ever check to be honest! But to fill up the RRS is around 20-25 UK pounds I guess. In the UAE you just sit inside the airconditioned car whilst our little petrol pump friend fills it up...I hand him a charge card and drive onto the next fuel station!

Simples!

Just back from the mall and we were thinking the same about £20 to fill up, as opposed to £110 back home.......would be so bloody good not to have to worry about putting your foot down!!

We are here until Saturday....finishing a project for one of the Qatari royal family on a new house in Dubai...

Post #269825 Tue Jun 29 2010 8:02am
Streaky

Ah well. Be sure to drop me a line via PM if you come back over this way Nick.

The problem we have here in Dubai is the ammount of speed cameras compared to the UK. On the highways you will find cameras every 1.5km.....I'll be getting through quite few sets of brake pads by the looks of things!

Post #269828 Tue Jun 29 2010 8:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>