RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Oil Leak?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When my wife pointed out it would be nice if they had at least hoovered the car out and removed the rubbish from inside it Enterprise admitted they had just picked it up from another warranty job customer of LR who had had it for rather longer than they expected! At least they gave us a 4WD that can get to our house and we don't need to bother worrying about cleaning it before returning it!

Day 3 - Lancaster hope they will finally have time to look at my car today! Nice of them - I think they were expecting me to be pleased and thank them when they rang to tell me

4WD - what are your views of the X5. The RRS IS going (either the hard way or the easy way depending on how LR and the dealer behaves) and am struggling to decide on the alternative. Cayenne (Porsche build quality) or X5 (cheaper but not so good offroad - I live on a small holding and mud ruts are a way of life)- I have been led to believe the Volvo is a no go.

Post #265985 Thu May 13 2010 10:42am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I'm quite happy with the X5. Phoned on Monday to get a the fog lamp fitted and its going in tomorrow to get it fitted! Would have been done 3 weeks ago but the lamp was out of stock! 4 days from call to appoitment beats local LR by at least a week with a loan car.

I use the X5 up some dirt tracks to get fishing and it copes with them as well as the RRS did. Slightly worse on fuel but I've nearly a hundred horse more than the 2.7 so was to be expected I suppose! Interior finish seems to be more solid. No audible rattles at least. Handling out strips the RRS to as does pick up from a stanstill!

It also is more stable in sidewinds and passing lorries towing the caravan! No little shimmy at the back like the RRS did when overtaking artics.

Overall I'm chuffed to bits with it and the service from the local dealer for the 2 small jobs they've done on it even though I didn't buy it from them.

Hope you get something sorted out soon mate.

4WD Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #265989 Thu May 13 2010 11:16am
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Another day and mine is still not ready. I'm started to get really annoyed with Lancaster in Welwyn Garden City. They admitted the problem was they hadn't had any time today to even look at it yet they have had it for 9 days now and they know I am getting very impatient as I call them everyday. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #266036 Thu May 13 2010 3:56pm
RichardM

I finally have it back! Very happy I have it for the weekend. Not wishing to offend anyone but the 2010 3.0 is sooo much nicer than the 09 2.7 Enterprise car I had. Drives like a completely different car.

They even washed the sides of the car for me. I say sides as its very obvious they didn't do the roof! WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys

Post #266122 Fri May 14 2010 2:33pm
sweetafton

England 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Glad you got your car back. Think all stealers only wash sides of cars. Yeovil do same for me everytime it goes in. Sad

Post #266130 Fri May 14 2010 7:10pm
Spike13

United Kingdom 

Hi what was the leak in the end

Post #585158 Sat Aug 10 2019 1:45pm
RichardM

I can’t remember, it was over 9 years ago 😀 WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

Post #585159 Sat Aug 10 2019 1:51pm
Spike13

United Kingdom 

Ok thanks anyway

Post #585161 Sat Aug 10 2019 2:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12