RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Battery Drain on my 2010 HSE!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Cayenner

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Battery Drain on my 2010 HSE!!

Having had a varying range of vehicles over the past number of years, like 30 diferent types of manufacturers and models etc, I found it extremely dificult in choosing the right vehicle this time round.
However. having looked at the LR HSE rival and test driving the top 4 rival's, I opted for the LRS out of sheer quality and luxury and the fact that it is a British Built Car.

Taking delivery of the car in November, I have a strange Battery failure problem - the first problem was a duff Battery after having a tow bar fitted by my local dealer.
It has been performing fine since until just recently. Each time I had left a door open for in excess of 15 minutes the information display stat[b]ed "Low Battery Start Engine" , I did this and there was no evidence of a drained battery of such.
I left it for a further hour and with the same message displaying, the battery drained totally.
There were no interior lights left on, nor the ignition or any other power turned on in the vehicle. Talking with my local LR Dealership this morning they advised me that this is normal!!

They also advised me that there is a new upgrade available of which they are conducting on my vehicle this Thursday - Has anybody else has this experience with there 2010 LRS HSE??

[/b]

Post #262213 Tue Apr 06 2010 10:09pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

It is a common fault apparently although I've not seen it on mine. There are lots of posts about it on the disco4 sister forum. Try doing a search over there mate. I know someone with a Disco4 who said the software update hasn't solved it for him. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #262216 Tue Apr 06 2010 10:20pm
BKHK

Australia 

What's an LRS?

Is it a Discovery model? The model designations are different in the UK from here.

Post #262221 Wed Apr 07 2010 2:27am
ELD70

United Kingdom 

If a door is left open for an hour then I would expect the battery to drain, its not just the interior lights that are on the whole car is "awake" drawing current to keep systems ready to go.
Lost count of the amount of people who wash their car with the engine off and radio on only to find the battery is flat.

Post #262229 Wed Apr 07 2010 9:28am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

How long does it take to wash a car Shocked

I always wash the car with radio on and not had a problem to date - it times out after 20 or 30 mins anyway

Post #262245 Wed Apr 07 2010 1:58pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I accidentally left the door open for over 2 hours on MY10 TDV8 - no battery issues at all. As somebody said the 'battery drain' issue is part of the 'Quality Assurance' programme upgrading all MY10 vehicles upto about Feb delivery from memory. You should have had a letter from the dealer by now - mind you I haven't but that shouldn't really be a surprise!

You can send it in without by booking into any LR dealer - good luck!

Singe

P.S. Cayenner - I'm afraid you will struggle to find Porsche quality levels anywhere near the RRS range. I had a hard choice choosing and whilst the RRS is a better vehicle from a technical and design pespective quality control is woeful compared to the output from Stuttgart.

Post #262251 Wed Apr 07 2010 3:41pm
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

If radio on or door open is enough to drain a battery, it means you just a pair of LR6 - 1,5 volts mounted in boot.
I several times left mood light on in my Jaguar for several days without any problem. I also left radio on for several
hours without a glitch.
But then I change battery every 2 years. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #262252 Wed Apr 07 2010 4:12pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

left the door open and radio on when I washed mine

seat got very wet Rolling with laughter purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #262326 Wed Apr 07 2010 10:58pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but a Service Action bulletin addressing battery drain issues and a few other annoying common faults on MY2010 RRS and LR4 (Smart Key not found, rear windows acting up) was issued by LRNA a few days ago, I posted bulletin on our US forum: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38239 - All software related fixes, plus you may get a new battery if yours appears to have discharged a few times too many as some cells may be damaged. Thumbs Up

Although this applies to NAS vehicles only, I imagine a matching "Q" bulletin would be out in UK/Europe as well. Bobby, anything on that side of the pond? 

Post #262340 Wed Apr 07 2010 11:19pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes - there is a European equivalent with the same issues listed. Letters are supposed to have gone out from dealers at the beginning of March - I wonder how mny new owners actually received one - I didn't!

Post #262368 Thu Apr 08 2010 10:11am
Cayenner

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
Battery Drain resolved

I'm pleased to say that the recent 'Quality Assurance' programme upgrading at my local dealer has fixed all the problems, especially the battery drain when the door/s were left open.
The only downside to this episode was the poor service I had experienced from my local LR Dealer, it's really appalling to be honest, especially when I compare them with my previous Porsche dealership.

Anyhow, I'm back in love with her again now and very recently took her on a blast down to the French Alps - awesome!

Post #263179 Fri Apr 16 2010 3:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1