Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > VIBRATION AT STAND STILL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BIG BAD RANGE

England 
VIBRATION AT STAND STILL

Hello , have a 08 TDV6 S and have a question please :

When i am sitting in traffic not moving and car is in "D" i notice that the car lends to vibrate a bit , as soon as i take my foot of the brake pedal or in fact put it in "N" it goes.

It is more aparant when the car is on a decline , again at stand still and in "D" with foot on brake , remove foot from brake or place in "N" it goes staright away.

Car has standard 20inch range rover alloys , and has just had its 30000mile service , apart from the above car is fault less.

Any clues , have rang my local dealer and await a call back.

Thank you

Post #258087 Thu Mar 04 2010 10:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

BBR, you don't have standard wheels for and S, they would be 18" if they were standard. This used to be a problem on the FFRR TD6 when owners fitted bigger than the standard 18" wheels in the early days. I t was put down to the lower rpofile tyres fitted to the bigger wheels not having the stiffness of sidewall that 18" tyres have and that absorbed the engine vibes. I haven't heard of this occurring on RRS though, the TDv6 on RRS is way smoother than the old BMW 3.0ltr straight 6 can of nails that was fitted in the FFRR TD6 - I think BMW specially made that engine for the FFRR it was so crude and unlike any other versions fitted to their own cars! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #258090 Thu Mar 04 2010 10:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

Ever had a transmission warning light and does it happen in 'P'?

The dealer will probably tell you it's normal.

Post #258093 Thu Mar 04 2010 10:49am
BIG BAD RANGE

England 

Hi no transmission warning light , and does not happen in P , Landrover dealer called back , and said it could be a couple of things ABS pump , or some vacum thing.

Post #258097 Thu Mar 04 2010 11:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1