RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Thinking of jumping ship
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Thinking of jumping ship

thinking of jumping ship from the RRS Big Cry will be 3 years old in september.

been looking at the new M3 coupe and convertible and have set my mind in one

Anyone had any experience of one ???????? 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #257545 Sun Feb 28 2010 10:41am
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The V8 M3? Not personally, but neighbour big M fan. Don't buy a new one! M cars depreciate faster than a lead weight in a pond. Next door bought his 12mnth old, 3k mikes for £33k from main dealer. Other friend at the height of credit crunch bought a 4 door 330i, 3 month old dealer demo, list £43k with options for £21k!!!!

Other than that they love 'em. But not sure how long it will be before you miss your Sport. Get a 2010MY Sport instead! 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #257567 Sun Feb 28 2010 3:46pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

no, but my mate is desperate to sell his lovely BMW M6. Reason? Has hardly been used since early December as it won't go anywhere if there is the slightest hint of snow and ice! Its stuck in his drive as we speak Sad PS, he has been asking all about my experience with the RRS and I would be surprised if he does not buy one in the next few weeks. You and he are going in opposite directions by the looks of things. He loves the M6. It is earthshattering in performance but completely useless in the winter we are still enduring. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #257568 Sun Feb 28 2010 3:47pm
Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As an ex M3 owner: Great car. However, not really a fair comparison to an RRS (Pot-holed roads, speed bumps, traffic jams etc are an unpleasant experience that you have probably forgotten about in an RRS). You'll mainly love the M3 until it is icy.... Even then you'll still like it (but you'll feel less smug than when you had your RRS). When it Snows you will probably give up.
Dealer servicing was always well over £1000 a time(maybe it was just the way I drove it). On the driving style front, I can honestly say retrospectively that it changed me when i got behind the wheel ( i started to feel more 'competitive' for the first time, started to think I was an amazing driver and my driving was generally more aggressive with the M3). If you get the bug and get one, buy a very good speed camera device straight away( i didn't and my license suffered somewhat).
I have since 'grown-out' of such cars (make of that what you will).

Post #257577 Sun Feb 28 2010 5:14pm
RussRRS

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Dont do it man!! lol, i sold my E46 M3 back at the end of jan, it had spent the best part of 2 months sat in my garage either cos it was snowing or because of the ice (i live in essex and we didnt even get it that bad lol), it was a fantastic car and i do kinda miss it but that will last only till next sat when i pick up my RRS. defo agree with Bigby my service bills were always £1000+ and my license now has 2 point shy of a ban all from sneeky speed traps.

Post #257579 Sun Feb 28 2010 5:33pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Had a new 650i Sport Convertible, it dropped 20K in 3 months - how's that for depreciation????

Post #257587 Sun Feb 28 2010 7:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nobody here brave enough to have owned the UK's top money hole then? The Maybach, more than 60% a year, even Proton/Kia/Perodua/Ssangyong/Fiat/Alfa/Citroen cannot match it! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #257588 Sun Feb 28 2010 7:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

WOW dont know what to say really

We only ever lease our cars so depreciation etc is not a problem unless we decide to buy it at the end and if we do we will only do so if we can sell it on and make money we agree a monthly cost at the start and thats it really.

I am in the precidament of wanting something that goes like Censored off a shiny shovel that i can enjoy every time i drive it !! I am only 31 and am not really ready for a 'sensible car' in essence i probably am wanting what i couldnt have 10 years ago.

Obviously going for the white paint black leather combo £58k list price for the convertible but am now thinking twice Big Cry Big Cry 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #257590 Sun Feb 28 2010 7:49pm
Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If I am honest and you had asked me 9 years ago I would have probably said go for the M3. However I am now 40 and this an a RRS forum....

Tough call. If you really dont want a luxury car get the M3. if you just want some power, get the S/C RRS.

Post #257592 Sun Feb 28 2010 7:56pm
kman

Coming from an Audi RS4 owner (but also having previously owned an E46 M3 coupe), I'd say its well worth looking at an RS4 if your in the market for a used one. For UK road driving its the better car imo.

ps. I am selling mine!

Post #257603 Sun Feb 28 2010 8:44pm
60RK

United Kingdom 
Re: Thinking of jumping ship

anthony-apl wrote:
thinking of jumping ship from the RRS Big Cry will be 3 years old in september.

been looking at the new M3 coupe and convertible and have set my mind in one

Anyone had any experience of one ????????

Anthony

I sold my E90 M3 in January. The car was the best I have owned to date. Performance, superb. I did 60k miles in 18 months. I have a new TDV8 on the drive and can't wait to drive it in the morning!

John

Post #257604 Sun Feb 28 2010 8:45pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I had a remapped 335d and thought about changing to a e92 M3 but in the end it didn't offer a big enough performance improvement to make it worthwhile. The engine has a lack of torque especially low down in the rev range which makes it hard work to extract the maximum performance. The DCT auto is better but it is still commanding a big premium second hand. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #257605 Sun Feb 28 2010 8:50pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Am on the verge of jumping ship to, but to a Porsche Cayman S - had too good an offer on my RRS to resist, and apparently according to James, values may dip once old RRS come on to the market once 10 Reg out tomorrow.....it's big big step - couldn't be a worse jump in terms of ride, when riding from a throne, to ridding on your arse feeling every bump...

Post #257615 Sun Feb 28 2010 10:16pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

hi Anthony
My mate has a 3 month old M3 and hates it. i thought he was crazy for hating it until i drove it and it's fast and handles great but on UK roads it's just a waste. In Nottinghamshitre we have so many speed camera's he just can't open it up. The gear box is semi auto and it's been back to the dealers so many times with launch hesitation, odd changes etc.. dealer says it's "characteristic' ! HMMMM After driving the new MY10 RRS and the M3 i would say i would love to have an M3 for 1 day a month and the RRS for the other 30 days !! 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #257619 Mon Mar 01 2010 12:08am
SachaR

Italy 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Watch out that the new M3 has a serious drinking problem.... on par or worse than a RRS SC!! RRS TDV8 HSE 2007- JAVA Black/Black interior,
UK BMW M3 CSL SB- now sold
1968 Innocenti mini

Post #257624 Mon Mar 01 2010 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>