RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Blackberry Bold 9700 or iPhone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Blackberry Bold 9700 or iPhone

Can't decide which one to go for. I'm a trusted blackberry user but fancy a change to the iPhone

I assume the RR Sport supports the iPhone? My blackberry connects with no issues.

What is everyones view? Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #256637 Sat Feb 20 2010 10:29pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I moved from blackberry to iphone in december and to be honest I absolutely love it Bow down
Though remember the unlike the blackberry your emails will not be pushed on to an iphone. I run mobile me and thus to me this wasn't an issue. Another downside of the iphone is battery life - for me it lasts only last one day Confused
As last, your misses will hate it - mainly because the damn thing will have all your attention when she is shopping Laughing

Post #256642 Sat Feb 20 2010 10:50pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

I have both - nothing beats Blackberry for email - but iphone better internet browser and so many other functions....iphone all the way....

Post #256646 Sat Feb 20 2010 11:08pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

cheers gents....looks like the iPhone is on the cards Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #256647 Sat Feb 20 2010 11:20pm
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Just to throw a spanner in the works I've got both the iphone 3Gs and BB Bold 2/9700.

All I can say is the iphone is in a draw not being used!! I bought it and used it for 2 weeks and hated it. Battery life is non existant no push e-mail etc etc. IMHO the iPhone is a gadget/ toy. If that's what you want then nothing beats it.

If however you want a propoer business phone the Bold 2 is the way to go it works perfectly, I've got no less than 4 e-mails account 'pushed' to the phone and often get them on the phone before they arriveon my desktop!! The browser is much improved over older models and personnally as quick as the iphone, it also has wifi. It also has the advantage of having a 'hot' swapable memory card upto 32Gb!! So you can take multiple cards with you a swap to suit your needs - music, work files etc. can't do that with an iphone... there its 32Gb max. oh the BB has a perfectly decent music player application Wink

I know die hard Apple fans who love the iphone but use the Bold 2 for business because they say its streets ahead for that particcular application. That says something to me. Oh they then use an iphone for private Wink

So I guess its horses for courses. I'm sticking with the Bold 2 and selling the iphone as I use my phone to make calls, sms, send/receive e-mails and access our EDMS over the 'net. I don't use it for games, videos, and down loading useless applications like virtual spirit level, measuring tape etc...

Another thing, is you can add what ever music to the BB without going through that god awful itunes application, another reason I ditched the iphone.

But like I've said its horses for courses, ltimately it's your choice and you need to be happy with the phone not me and not others Wink

Cheers

Guy

Post #256655 Sun Feb 21 2010 7:58am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'm sure with iphone there is now an option for push email
For push on iphone :- Tap Settings, tap "Mail,contacts, calenders", tap "Fetch new data", slide Push from off to on,
I am running software version 3.1.3

I don't use it so don't know if it is the same as the BB system 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #256661 Sun Feb 21 2010 9:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Tim well it must work then. The big difference is that with a BB you can opt for the BB Network option through your provider and this means all e-mails, internet use and BB PIN (like sms/IM) is free. I've got the global package through my incumbant and regularly download over 100Mb of attachments a month, where ever in the world I am and don't get charged. With the iphone you'd have to get a data pack as well however this is restricted to your country, as soon as you leave your provider will charge extortionate rates for downloads...

Guy

Post #256666 Sun Feb 21 2010 10:37am
MDG

United Kingdom 

I'm a die hard Apple fan.

I use a BB Bold 9700. Smile 'Not one singe person on this earth can change their past, but, every single person on this earth can start today and change their future.'

Post #256676 Sun Feb 21 2010 12:06pm
Mickx

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have also had both and IMHO the BB Bold 9700 rocks..... -----------------------------------------------------------------
**Some people dance in the rain & some people just get wet**

Post #256694 Sun Feb 21 2010 5:31pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Because I was on vodaphone, who at the time did not do Iphone, i was persuaded to try the BB, after a month of trying to get on with it, sent it back, transfered to O2, got the iphone 3G and would not be without it, love it to bits and it would definately be my luxury Item on Desert Island Discs. Plug it into the car with the cable in the cubby, connect on Blue tooth and have full screen control of both music and phone, brilliant IMHO Thumbs Up purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #256697 Sun Feb 21 2010 5:53pm
Pelyma

England 

Had both use iPhone. I don't understand all this rubbish about not for business, my filemaker database is on my phone, my phone syncs to my mac, it is MS exchange compatible, I have 20Gb of document space online it sync too as well as apps like dropbox, I can see pdfs when they come through my Curve could never do that as the screen wouldn't hold the resolution, if I loose the phone I can wipe all data in seconds; so it really is a crap phone for business Laughing If I'm in between clients of course I've got some great games, superb browser & iplayer. Only downside is battery life, but I'm in my car or at my desk most of the day so power isn't a problem Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #256707 Sun Feb 21 2010 6:48pm
AndrewHG2

iPhone Thumbs Up Does everything I need and sooo much more.

So easy to use, wish I`d jumped on board earlier, too many years using sluggish windows mobile phones.

Think this years batch are starting to catch up with the iPhone. i.e. Decent capacicitve touch screens, new WM7 os etc

But the whole iPhone experience is fantastic. Everything at your finger tips usually 1 button press away.
(Came in very useful at a Golf Club this lunchtime. By the end, someone had watched an itn news clip of the floods in Madeira, we use SHAZAM to identify a song coming out of the overhead speakers, google earth to zoom in on a family house in Habkern Switzerland, wikipedia to get some info on blackthorn vs buckthorn berries .. blackthorn are the one used in Sloe Gin, I updated a clients webpage via ftp, then checked the roads for congestion and best route round them for someone else travelling down south)... all of this done almost instantly and without any problems .. my old Samsung Omnia would still be trying to locate a satellite for the GPS..

Just had a look at the blackberry bold, seems quite limited ??
Losing quite a few features just to have push email, which I think you can have on iPhone anyway.

My 2 pence.

Post #256708 Sun Feb 21 2010 7:19pm
Wozz

I moved from Blackberry to iPhone and haven't looked back since.

I would disagree with the comments about the iphone not being a suitable work phone. The complete flexibility of the iPhone makes it so much more than your usual "smartphone". And yes, there is almost always an app for it. Web browsing, video, games AND a plethora of thousands of apps that are directly relevant to any business context you can think of.

iPhone all the way for me! WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award
'09 TDV6 XS Stornaway Grey

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
'08 A4 TDi SLine Avant (Gone)
Large pack of Flake Cakes (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #256718 Sun Feb 21 2010 9:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1