RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sat Nav Voice Goes Off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

garythebong

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Sat Nav Voice Goes Off

Hi I was wondering if anyone could shed some light onto this, I have just driven from Manchester to Paris with the sat nav which perfomed perfectly until just outside Paris. All of a sudden the voice goes off, the radio/CD still lowers in sound as if she is going to speak but nothing comes out, on my way back via Brugge the same thing happened again after 2 and a half hours driving. Also at the same time I tried to make call via handsfree and that failed to come out of the speakers, The same thing happened 2 months ago whilst my wife was driving back from Chester to Manchester. Has anyone heard of this before, my car is not old it was brand new in May this year.

Any comment would be appreciated! Living the dream!
Santorini Black RRS HSE V6, hybrid tv, privacy glass, ebony leather with white stitching with leather door cards 20" alloys.

Post #241751 Mon Nov 02 2009 2:55pm
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

My sat nav has gone all funny on me also! When i put in the destination it tells me the arrival time in 12 hour clock and not 24 hour clock as it used to before?! In regards to the voice not coming out check all the connections are still in place, check under the passenger seat! Try to do a reset on the sat nav, and failing all that take it to the dealer!

Post #241754 Mon Nov 02 2009 3:03pm
Lookers Park Royal

It could be the volume offset for the nav and PTI. Try this........................

Get in the car and load up any old destination and wait for the guidance to start. Make sure you have the radio on as a reference point and then press the speaker icon on the nav screen and by all accounts the radio will mute but you will not hear any guidance. If this is so then press the speaker icon again, but quickly press the volume + button on the steering wheel. Hopefully it will work and you will hear the command.

If this does work then call the speaking clock from your mobile and then increase then volume from the steering wheel.

If this doesn't work then it could be a faulty module and would need to be looked at properly.

James Thumbs Up

Post #241761 Mon Nov 02 2009 3:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1