RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Does the BT allow more than one device at a time?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

BKHK

Australia 
Does the BT allow more than one device at a time?

Guys

I use the PTI with a new Blackberry 8900 with no problems. I can't have an iPhone as I travel a lot and the international roaming data charges would be astronomical, anyway, the company likes (and pays for) Blackberry.

So, I have a 32gb new iPod Touch which I use around the house and thought it would be neat if I could make it integrate with the RRS Bluetooth...then I maybe able to have some limited video capability...but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the RRS???

Will the RRS BT only connect to one device at a time, therefore with the phone connected, it won't cnnect to the iPod?

Any ideas?

Post #238551 Wed Sep 30 2009 1:02pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Only 1 device at a time but you can pair an unlimited number of devices but the system will choose the last one used - if that makes sense! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #238553 Wed Sep 30 2009 1:26pm
BKHK

Australia 

Thanks VA, I will try to pair it with the phone switched off to see if they willconnect.

Post #238555 Wed Sep 30 2009 1:42pm
Lookers Park Royal

BKHK,

Can you clarify....... It sounds like you're trying to pair a Touch. If so then isn't it right that it isn't a phone, so therefore I'm not sure what you would want to pair it up for even if the Touch had Bluetooth?

I'm probably missing the point, but have read the initial post a couple of times. Sorry to sound vague. Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #238557 Wed Sep 30 2009 2:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

Hi James

Yes, trying to pair a Touch..just for grins really...to see if I can have video on the touch and play it through the BT system.

Post #238558 Wed Sep 30 2009 2:12pm
Lookers Park Royal

Oh I see!

Not sure TBH but my 3gs does play memo recordings (not music from the library though) via BT however the quality is shocking.

I didn't realise that the Touch had BT. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

James Thumbs Up

Post #238560 Wed Sep 30 2009 2:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

BKHK wrote:
Hi James

Yes, trying to pair a Touch..just for grins really...to see if I can have video on the touch and play it through the BT system.

You won't get anything out of the Touch by BT I am afraid...no music, no video Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #238567 Wed Sep 30 2009 3:21pm
BKHK

Australia 

I guess I will just use the old fashioned plug then Rolling with laughter

I probably won't bother with the touch as I have a dedicated Nano which I use for the car with a stering wheel mounted remote and the silver Nano looks neat with a small velcro pad on the edge of the dash. It is almost the same colour, in fact, the match is so good that its hardly noticeable to thieving fraternity.

I will keep the touch for playing X Plane in bed Rolling with laughter

Post #238571 Wed Sep 30 2009 4:17pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Only 1 device at a time but you can pair an unlimited number of devices but the system will choose the last one used - if that makes sense!

I seem to remember you can only pair up to 8 separate devices actually Whistle 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #238623 Thu Oct 01 2009 8:20am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

S you might be right. Embarassed 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #238634 Thu Oct 01 2009 9:08am
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

VA

8 BT devices seems more than enough to be referred to as unlimited. Thumbs Up

Post #238684 Thu Oct 01 2009 1:13pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The key thing here is to note his memory isn't once what it was. These things happen at his age Whistle 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #238714 Thu Oct 01 2009 3:17pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

You are both wrong. Twisted Evil Starting with MY09 (or whenever Land Rover switched from the old Nokia system to the new BT-only one that no longer includes a cradle, MY2009 here in North America but may have been earlier in Europe), the new module only accepts up to 5 Bluetooth pairings. 

Post #238761 Thu Oct 01 2009 10:56pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Hmmm...so this must be for the last pre- BT-only

Quote:
BLUETOOTH® (up to 2009 MY)

The TM has Bluetooth® functionality. Bluetooth® allows the user to connect their own mobile phone (Bluetooth® enabled only) to the vehicle telephone system. Once connected the user can use the vehicle hands free functions system. The Bluetooth® system limits the functions available to those that are present in the Bluetooth® hands free profile.

Bluetooth® will not allow the following to be accessed via the IHU:
No signal strength indication in the IHU
Phonebook download to the IHU
Missed calls
Last number redial
Calls list

Prior to the Bluetooth® equipped phone being used on the vehicle hands free system the phone must be paired to the TM. Thepairing process can vary depending on the mobile handset that is being used. The following describes an example of the pairingprocess.

• Switch Bluetooth "ON" on the handset.
• The user initiates a search for other Bluetooth devices from the handset.
• The TM acknowledges the existence of the Bluetooth® phone.
• Land Rover appears in the handset available device list.
• The user selects Land Rover from the device list and the TM will attempt pairing.
• TM requests a PIN number from the phone.
• The user enters the TM PIN number 2121.
• If the PIN number is correct the phone is paired with the TM and its details are stored in the TM EEPROM.
• If the PIN number is correct the phone is paired with the TM and the TM details are stored in the handset.

Once paired the TM will periodically check for stored Bluetooth® devices (approximately every 20 seconds). As this occurs the user will see a connection request on the handset and either accepts or declines the request. This request will only happen once per session.

Once the pairing procedure has been completed the mobile handset will automatically connect to the vehicle system once they come into range (approximately 10 metres) and the vehicle ignition is in position II. The word Bluetooth® displays in the IHU to inform the driver that the phone is connected to the TM.

Each time a paired phone and TM come into range the TM will request connection to the phone. The user can accept or decline this request from the handset.

Up to eight Bluetooth® equipped phones can be paired with the TM. Phones can be de-registered/disconnected at any time by the user. Only one phone at a time can be used via the vehicle hands free system. If a phone is connected to the vehicle via the cradle, this phone will cancel out any Bluetooth® phone operation.

If the TM is replaced each phone that is paired with the original TM will have to be re-paired with the new TM.
 Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #238770 Fri Oct 02 2009 2:58am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Keep scrolling down the page Bobby:

Quote:
BLUETOOTH® (2009 MY Onwards)

The Bluetooth® phone module allows the user to connect their own mobile phone handset (Bluetooth® enabled only) to the vehicle telephone system.

Once connected, the user can use the vehicle hands free functions although, the Bluetooth® system limits the functions to those available in the Bluetooth® hands free profile.

The available features include:

* Make/receive call
* Voice calls using the phones own voice tags (where set up)
* Signal strength indication on the Touch Screen Display (if supported by the telephone handset software)
* Phonebook download
* Missed calls
* Last number redial
* Calls list.

Bluetooth® Phone Module
The Bluetooth® phone module is connected to the MOST ring and is the interface between the telephone and the Integrated Header Unit, it processes all instructions and audio 'from and to' the phone.

TELEPHONE SYSTEM OPERATION (2009 MY Onwards)
Compatible Bluetooth® mobiles can communicate with the vehicle’s inbuilt telephone system. Connection must be made with ignition on or engine running.

Initial pairing of the phone to the vehicle
To prepare the mobile phone for pairing to the system, refer to the telephone manufacturer’s instructions, or follow the table in the vehicle handbook for generic commands.

When the handset has been successfully paired to the system, Bluetooth® will appear on the phone menu screen.

Bluetooth® selection
A maximum of 5 phones can be paired to the vehicle.

When the starter key is turned on, the vehicle searches for up to 5 previously paired phones, starting with the most recent pairing.

Before attempting a new pairing, wait for 30 seconds for this process to complete.

I am such a dork. Laughing 

Post #238771 Fri Oct 02 2009 3:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>