RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2010MY Rear Seat Entertainment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2010MY Rear Seat Entertainment

After picking up the RRS a few weeks back I finally got round to trying to figure out how the rear seat entertainment system works. The car was delivered without the instruction manual for the RSE and included a remote control.

Mostly figured the system out but the remote doesn't work - downloading the RSE manual from the Land Rover website states the remote is only for the FFRR - so why supply it with the Sport? (it also states that no headphones are supplied with the RRS but I seem to have been lucky and got two wired sets in nice little bags in the tool bay under the boot) Before I go back to the dealer -- (who seems totally confused by the features on the new model - anything that doesn't appear to work as described in the handbook is curiously blamed on a 'software error' for which an update should be 'available soon' Shocked Banging Head ) -- has anybody with a MY10 got the RSE system fitted and figured it out yet?

SingeRRS

Post #238951 Sat Oct 03 2009 8:00pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

My 2006 with RSE did include a remote control for rear passengers to control playback on each headrest monitor. I can't imagine the system on MY2010s would be much different than mine (in this day and age we are still stuck using wired headsets, that sucks.) On the 2006 version, you need to flip a switch under the remote to select control of either left or right rear monitors, and need to point the remote directly at the selected rear monitor for it to work - the infrared beam on the remote is highly directional. Also - sorry if I state the obvious here - are the batteries in the remote fresh, and is the remote enabled from the front touchscreen? On my 2006, one of the things you can disable from the front "supervisor" RSE menu is the remote operation, in case it falls in the hands of unruly kids back there (you can also limit volume level over the headphones or mute them entirely, so the little brats don't also go deaf.) Very Happy Although the graphics may have changed, I bet there is some sort of similar override on the 2010 version. 

Post #238955 Sat Oct 03 2009 10:11pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Umbertob - thank you very much for the detailed description. The RSE system sounds identical from your description - I did renew the batteries as I don't trust the dealer not to take a shortcut as far as I can throw them!

I did get it working as it seems that even with the remote enabled from the front screen it will not work so long as you are in the RSE control screen at the front - exit that screen and it springs into life. It does say this in the manual I downloaded but since it under a section dedicated to the FFRR I didn't follow it. Interestingly the system installed is a mix between the various RRS and FFRR system described in the manual. (I sympathise on the kids point - whilst they will be thrilled the remote works, fights will follow.... maybe I won't tell them it works just yet)

SingeRRS

Post #239027 Sun Oct 04 2009 9:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1