Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Attempted Break In at my home
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 
Attempted Break In at my home

Woke this morning to find somebody had tried to break in to my house last night or through the day yesterday

police say they think they will have been after the new motor Censored Scum of the earth whoever did it

Tried to go in via the french doors, snapping loads of the PVC away to access the lock barrel, I have high security snap locks so they would not have been able to take them out without them locking shut.

For the amount of pvc they have broken away i can believe they would have done this without me or the wife hearing them as our bedroom is right next door to these.

I knotice a handle not horizontal last night when closing the curtains, but thought nothing of it.

It was this morning when i notices a tiny bit of plastic on the floor, they have taken the rest away with them i presume to loose finger prints or they have a tidying OCD

Really kicking myself on not going ahead with the CCTV now what i was going to get when my car was keyed.

Police seam to think they was going after my new car, but i think it might have happen through the day as both me and the wife are light sleepers especially when your sleeping half listening to baby monitors

Post #236323 Fri Sep 11 2009 10:52am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Censored

Bad luck Nick.... at least no real harm done. Time to connect up the exterior surfaces to the mains every night, that would keep people away Twisted Evil 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #236327 Fri Sep 11 2009 10:56am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Censored 's Glad to hear they didn't get in, wait in the bushes tonight 'cleaning' your shotgun in case they are idiotic enough to return Censored 's

Post #236334 Fri Sep 11 2009 11:50am
RANGE_LOVER

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Shocked SCUM Shocked

At least your all safe mate.

And the Motor Thumbs Up

Post #236360 Fri Sep 11 2009 3:44pm
Lookers Park Royal

Sorry to hear that Nick. I had the same problem in 2005 when the RRS was launched and someone tried to get in to the house to take the keys. We could hear our wooden garden furniture being dragged across the patio, and when I looked out of the window there was two guys, one of which was standing on the table trying to prize the window open. This was just before 3am which aparantly is when we are in our deepest sleep.

I now have a couple of CCTV cameras and a DVR recorder. I would guess that even the glow from the infared sensors on the camera at night would put the scumbags off.

James Thumbs Up

Post #236364 Fri Sep 11 2009 4:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Sad to hear that, my grandad was assaulted when thieves broke into his house and tried to get the keys to his Cayanne.

Still can't understand why they'd want to nick such an ugly 4x4 Confused Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #236372 Fri Sep 11 2009 5:52pm
MAW

Laughing @ Cayenne comment

Not at Grandad assault Shocked

Post #236385 Fri Sep 11 2009 6:52pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

At least my insurance company has approved and made me a payment within 5 hours of been notified to get exactly the same door fitted. It's done it's job this time so I have a little faith in it

who says Aviva are Censored

Post #236387 Fri Sep 11 2009 7:02pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

MAW wrote:
Laughing @ Cayenne comment

Not at Grandad assault Shocked

My grandad is a proud man and keeps saying if he had the opportunity again he'd teach the pesky crook a few lessons old school style and is still annoyed today by the 'sucker punch' that took him out Rolling Eyes Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #236388 Fri Sep 11 2009 7:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry to read this Nick, at least they didn't get what they wanted or get into the house. Is there any company that sells a Rottwieller barking alarm that can be rigged up to a motion sensor? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #236396 Fri Sep 11 2009 9:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

cheers Tim, and everyone else for there comments

The police have said i should get 2 large dogbowls and a few large chewed dogs toys to give the appearance of having a dog Laughing

Post #236398 Fri Sep 11 2009 9:13pm
MAW

........... or a shotgun to 'clean'.............

Laughing

Post #236401 Fri Sep 11 2009 9:28pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

its really got me thinking with the grandad beating post, with the what if they did get in and what if i heard them in, what if they wanted more than just the car keys

to say the least I am glad they didn't, but I ain't able to relax tonight at all, both me and the wife are fidgeting trying to watch TV and work how Derren Brown did the lottery thing so i can use it and buy a fort

Post #236402 Fri Sep 11 2009 9:38pm
extremecapture

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

i really feel for ya mate. A similar experiance happened to me about 5 years ago. I woke up at 3-30 to go to the loo, when i got back in bed, i lay there listening to the sound of splintering wood, i opened the bedroom window and looked down to see the arse of a scumbag climbing through the kitchen window, closely followed by his mate, my first reaction was to scream obbsenities out of the window-which luckily scared them off, running down the garden and over the fence.Police said they were after the cars keys SubaruP1 on the drive and WRX in the garage.

Took me nearley 3 years to stop waking up at that time in the morning, made me quite ill, at the thought off, what if i hadnt woken up, we take our keys to bed with us. Could have been quite frightening what might off happened. Hence i now have a shotgun and two alsations and i must say, i sleep a lot sounder at night, also time does help.

Chin up, do what you can to make yourself feel secure!!! .....................................................................
09 RRS TDV8 HSE 20"STORMERS and Colour Coded everything!!!!

Life is for living, not sitting back and waiting for rainey days!

Post #236476 Sat Sep 12 2009 4:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Big barricades around the garden, high intensity lights, big dogs running free in garden, security guards on the gate ................................... The Pink Fortress Rolling with laughter 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #236480 Sat Sep 12 2009 5:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>