Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey
In Asda Aberdeen

2 fine examples of the breed brought together by the need to eat!! Laughing

Click image to enlarge
[/img]

(Note the RRS parking technique) Whistle Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #234278 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:18pm
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Like the standard RRS parking Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #234280 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Judging by the number of dings on the doors of my car I need to resume RRS style parking......................... but then they are ASDA customers................. Tesco and Morrison's customers with RRS's use the diasbled or mother and child bays that are wider Whistle Whistle . 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #234282 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

So if I take my mother then am I able to use the mother and child spaces then.................... Rolling with laughter Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #234285 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:38pm
Tim in Scotland

That was my response when I had my mother with me and I parked in the mother and child bays at Sainsbuty Stirling. A Hitler type came out and started to berate me but had no reply to my comment that the lady in the car was my mother therefore I was her child................................. he had an immediate sens of humour failure and threatened me with ll sorts of nasty threats so I moved the car round to the disabled parking slots and parked there to wait for him to appear there while my mother went shopping. I could see his grinning face as he came round the corner to give me another mothful of claptrap..................................... until I took my mothers spacehopper card out of the glove box and put it on the dash and he then went through 20 shades of red through to beetroot and stormed off. I had the last laugh - I wrote to Sainsbury HO and complained about being treated like a leper for parking in a mother and child slots and then being kicked out and then was nearly on the receiving end of Hitler's tongue for parking int he disabled bays. I got a £50 voucher and letter of apology, next timne I saw the Hitler he was sweeping litter in the car park! I see now that the signs read "parent and toddler parking" and I cannot get away with that one - they did have one sign that read mother and toddler but there were complaints from fathers that they were being turned away from those slots. PC is going mad! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #234291 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

'RRS Parking Only' if carlsberg built carparks!!!!! MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #234292 Sat Aug 22 2009 9:51pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

Might get some backlash for this but here goes.........

I really don't agree with parent & toddler car parking spaces, how hard is it to get to the door with a toddler/child?

Disabled spaces - yes, of course, I would never dream of depriving someone who needed a disabled space one and I NEVER park in disable bays, but I do regularly park in Parent & toddler (without a toddler!) as I think they are ridiculous.

In a car park in Manchester they trialled a women only floor (apparently to lessen attacks and such), a noble idea but in a world demanding equal rights is this not ridiculous?

Post #234372 Mon Aug 24 2009 9:06am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Jonny - in defense of parent and toddler spaces I actually agree with them. I don't know if you have any young kids but try getting them securely in their car seat without having the car door fully open. I think the spaces are there to protect other cars. I would have no objection if the spaces were further from the store to make fat parents walk a bit but the spaces do serve a purpose. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #234373 Mon Aug 24 2009 9:11am
Jonny Fresh

England 

you're right VA, being young free and single perhaps I am not yet equipped to comment.....making the fat ones walk is a good idea!

Post #234376 Mon Aug 24 2009 9:25am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I'm with VA, you do need safe parking giving space to full open a door to get your kids in to the car, especially if they are newborn and in the carseat already

I had a agrument the other month with a disabled driver who came round the one way system and parked in a Mother and toddler spot I was about to go into

First because she cut me up, secondly because she had no problem getting out of he car and walking, i know there are different disabilties that warrant a blue card but she said she parked there as there was no disabled spots available.... now this person could have used a normal parking spot, they have them close enough to the stores entrance, even closer than where she parked.

I parked had to then go find another spot, which i did in a disabled spot, as i had to get two children out and needed the extra space to do so......

I know you might think this makes me no better than her, but you can't have one rule for them and a rule for us parents.

I now use a different supermarket which has good sized parents parking in its underground carpark, so now i have room, and keep dry whilst getting the kids in Laughing (and a better fish counter with fully trained fish mongers)

Post #234411 Mon Aug 24 2009 11:01am
Tim in Scotland

I recently saw two people with disabled stickers on their windscreens arguing about whether the one with the electric scooter and ramps in the back of his people mover had the right to park in the disabled slots Rolling with laughter
His argument was that his battery would go flat faster if he had to park in the normal bays all of 50feet away! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #234413 Mon Aug 24 2009 11:23am
Wozz

Jonny Fresh wrote:
you're right VA, being young free and single perhaps I am not yet equipped to comment.....making the fat ones walk is a good idea!

Surely us single blokes (albeit newly single) should get some benefits. Its not like we get family allowance or whatever the modern equivalent is. WINNER - 2009 Best Newcomer Award
'09 TDV6 XS Stornaway Grey

'06 BMW 730 D SE (Gone)
'08 A4 TDi SLine Avant (Gone)
Large pack of Flake Cakes (Gone)
6 pack of Guiness (Gone)

Post #234440 Mon Aug 24 2009 3:51pm
4wheeldriver

Very Annoyed wrote:
Jonny - in defense of parent and toddler spaces I actually agree with them. I don't know if you have any young kids but try getting them securely in their car seat without having the car door fully open. I think the spaces are there to protect other cars. I would have no objection if the spaces were further from the store to make fat parents walk a bit but the spaces do serve a purpose.

Yeah but Im fat and ave a 12 yr old and I still have to park miles from the door to make sure I can get 2 spaces to save idiots/jealousy from damaging the doors. Jealousy temming from the 1st day I had the car and went to Stonehaven for lunch and as we left the car a hubby was staring at the car while his wife commented loudly "Oh and I'll have a horse box too please....." Deb just smiled at her, closed the door and we went for lunch!!! Whistle Rolling with laughter Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #234441 Mon Aug 24 2009 4:11pm
DominicD

United Kingdom 

I don't see why we should be ashamed of trying to cut walking down to a minimum. It's our right to be lazy if we want, I hate walking Smile

Post #234451 Mon Aug 24 2009 5:09pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

My wife makes us park in the Expecting mothers spaces at our local Kroger (like Sainsbury over here) Shocked funny that always makes me worried Whistle Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #234502 Tue Aug 25 2009 4:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>