RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 22 inch wheel fitted,new arms now new faults please help!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rockportpurple

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red
22 inch wheel fitted,new arms now new faults please help!!!

hi all i have recently fitted 22 inch polished stormers great looking but had the dreaded knock,was told it needed new bushes on the anti-roll bar,and new bottom bushes too,had these fitted and new arms fitted,went too pick up the vehicle and drove down the road to be have three faults come up,air suspension wont work,car will not go up/down,hdc is unavailable,and there is a orange indicator underneath the temp gauge coming up too
i immediatly took the car back to the dealers to be told it is because the wheel postition senser is not set right as its had new arms fitted,they told me i have to have a full 4wheel allingment and wheeel balance and tracking to sort the problem and this will remove the faults and clear them,is this true? and they cannot track up 22 inch wheels!!
after just spending over 2500 grand on the car i am a little annoyed as the knock is still there, okay the car looks nice but is the said comments true that after having it 4wheel alinged it will solve the faults showing up?
awaiting your replies
regards
Clive Mad

Post #231786 Fri Jul 24 2009 6:15pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

hi m8 i had mine done 3 times before they finally fitted the new modified bushes as for the suspension it could just need calibrating as mine did also have 22s on mine

Post #231820 Sat Jul 25 2009 9:52am
Jonathan

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Sorry to hear about all of your problems Clive

I have had 22"s on mine for in excess of 30k miles. Dealer in leeds recently replaced tyres and tracked/balanced them. No issues for this amount of time and hoping the next 30k miles are as good....

However - I did get some brake parts fitted under warranty and they told me that they wouldn't be able to do that same job again under warranty becauseLR don't support 22's. However they are selling an Overfinch FF RR with....yep you guessed it...22" wheels on it. I am popping back in next week so amd going to ask them if I bought it - would they repair any faults associated with the brakes, wheels etc under warranty - should be an interesting discussion!!!

Good luck with your car - I have always found Guy Salmon in Leeds to be very good (with the exception of the latest comment about my wheels!)

cheers Jaguar XKR Convertible
MY 2012 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography in Fujian White....Mmmmmmm
Range Rover Evoque 2.2 Prestige in white - gone
Porsche Boxster S White with lots of extras! Gone
Lotus Elise 2011 Touring for sunny days - gone!

Previously....
RRS TDV8 Black 57 Plate
645ci
Jag XKR Convertible (my wife still loves this car!)
BMW 530i
BMW 328i (I loved this car)
Golf R32

Post #231890 Sun Jul 26 2009 9:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC Overfinch/Kahn and the other quality customisers give their own warranty to cover the bits that they have changed. So the dealer will claim against the customiser for some bits and LR for others not effected by the changes. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #231892 Sun Jul 26 2009 10:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RonnieG

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I was on the phone to Overfinch when i first bought my sport and was told by them that the sport cannot handle 22" rims simply by just fitting them and they have to add modded parts and bypass something to their on Sports to allow the suspension not to fail and fault codes to appear whilst driving on 22" rims. I was then told I would be better keeping to 20's as a maximum and that was Overfinch and my dealer telling me that so i stayed with the 20's and no problems. I would say keep to the 20's and have fault free driving.

Post #232670 Wed Aug 05 2009 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1