RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Exhaust tips for Diesel models... Which ones?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

flight

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Exhaust tips for Diesel models... Which ones?

Hey there guys,

I really want to buy some of these exhaust tips for my 2.7d but there seem to be a few different types on the market now.

I found these on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-EXHAUST-TAIL-PI...7C294%3A50
The price is good and they have fixed the rattling problem but the silver bit in the center makes them look a bit dodgy...

and:
http://www.dcc4x4sidebars.co.uk/productView.php?pID=69

These ones are slightly smaller so they dont rattle...

What do you guys recommend?

Post #230370 Sat Jul 11 2009 11:58am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I recently fitted these to my TDv8 but they will also fit TDv6

They were from an ebay site but not powerfull.co.uk who are one of the stores you list. I have a rattle with them but some Halfords heavy duty sticky pads fitted where they touch the weight has cured it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #230375 Sat Jul 11 2009 1:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS11

South Korea 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

These are mine and they are not bolt-on type though.

[/img] 09 TDV6 HSE, Stornoway Grey/Black, Sat. DMB/Navi, 2GB memory, Rear view camera, 12 CD/MP3/DVD changer, 35% Lumar tinting, Custom exhaust tips

Post #230382 Sat Jul 11 2009 3:54pm
Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Flight,
I have them from Powerfull UK and they are ok but the the quality of the finished product could be better in my opinion. They said that they do not rattle but one of them did a little bit but it was very easy solve that problem. I have them on now for about 9 months and the only problem which I have with them is that especially in the winter there are some small stones going into the exhaust tips and they do some noise which i do not like it and the only way to solve that problem is to get them out which is not that easy 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #230436 Sun Jul 12 2009 11:41am
flight

Markos wrote:
Hi Flight,
I have them from Powerfull UK and they are ok but the the quality of the finished product could be better in my opinion. They said that they do not rattle but one of them did a little bit but it was very easy solve that problem. I have them on now for about 9 months and the only problem which I have with them is that especially in the winter there are some small stones going into the exhaust tips and they do some noise which i do not like it and the only way to solve that problem is to get them out which is not that easy

Thats very helpful,

Have you got any pictures???

Post #230439 Sun Jul 12 2009 12:05pm
Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

flight wrote:
Markos wrote:
Hi Flight,
I have them from Powerfull UK and they are ok but the the quality of the finished product could be better in my opinion. They said that they do not rattle but one of them did a little bit but it was very easy solve that problem. I have them on now for about 9 months and the only problem which I have with them is that especially in the winter there are some small stones going into the exhaust tips and they do some noise which i do not like it and the only way to solve that problem is to get them out which is not that easy

Thats very helpful,

Have you got any pictures???

Right now I am on holidays and I can not upload the pictures but if you would like to send me a PM with your mobile no. and i can send you the picture over mobile phone 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #230467 Sun Jul 12 2009 9:56pm
flight

Do these sponsors give discounts for forum members???

http://www.dcc4x4sidebars.co.uk/productView.php?pID=69

what are the opinions on these tips?

Post #230631 Mon Jul 13 2009 10:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Those are the tips I have but I didn't buy them from DCC. Give them a phone call or email and ask them - most of the sponsors give some sort of discount to forum members. All they do is check your name on the posts and see how much you participate in the forums - ie you aren't a one post wonder! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #230638 Mon Jul 13 2009 11:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

I have exactly the same ones as Tim has and since I have ordered a MY10 RRS which comes with straight tips, I would sell mine.

They still are like new and for sale for £90 plus another £20.00 for postage Switzerland to the UK. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #230646 Tue Jul 14 2009 5:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1