RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > WET CARPETS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

wullie

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Hi Carl
Firstly dont worry about the wires they'll be fine, first thing check is the drain pipe, open the sunroof poor some water into the channel ( n/s front) see if you have water running onto ground behind n/s front wheel, if not remove your stuff from the glove box, fold glove box down as if you are going to change a fuse, check for water running from below and behind the fuse box, the sunroof drains out behind the fuse box not very smart but the tube comes out of the small rubber elbow and water poors all over the back of the fuse box and down behind the carpet.
Could also be the pillar but check sunroof first, is the roof lining dry around the sunroof??? your carpet has probably been wet for some time and you havent noticed it.
Try this first see how you get on Thumbs Up

Wullie Cool

Post #284435 Fri Dec 31 2010 5:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi wullie

The headlining is all fine and the sunroof was fully services & pipes flushed before i purchased 2 months ago so i had assume it must have been ok.

I will check this first though and report back. If i do find that its not running out behind the front wheel how do i remove the A pillar interior trim to get at the pipe ?

Perhaps it has been wet but it seem to coincidental that after washing it the footwell was soaked through and the windows are misting up when its locked now whereas they weren't before i washed it. I assume this is the damp inside the car.

Its the scariest thing ive had happen with any car and i need guidance when it comes to this sort of stuff first time round so im grateful of the fast reply.

Carl

Post #284443 Fri Dec 31 2010 7:27pm
wullie

No problem's Carl
You'll find all the guy's on this site very helpfull and full of info I know I have had lot's of help from them.
To remove your inner trim (disconnect the battery first) plunk the wee plastic airbag badge off with a small screwdriver this lets you into the screw that removes the trim, be carefull with the trim the wee airbag is clipped onto the back of trim, but this won't let you into the bit you want. It's behind the lower glove box you want to get into, there are 2 kind of clips you push in to drop the glove box down further than normal this lets you into the main fuse box, it's behind the fuse box the sunroof pipe exits the car via a small rubber elbow, get someone to poor a wee drop of water into the front n/s of sunroof and watch for water coming out from below fuse box. let us know how you get on.

Wullie Neutral

Post #284540 Sun Jan 02 2011 6:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TDV8_AutoB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White

Gents, sorry to resurrect an old post. Hoping for some experience from you lot.

Front NS sunroof drain hole is full of water, all the way to the top. Not draining anywhere (not even onto the back of the fuse box) - after heavy rain and some roundabouts the water slops over the inside of the sunroof seal and onto the front passenger seat, so need to get this sorted.

I've pushed a length of 5mm core steel cable down the hole and it travels around 3ft which I calculate to be around the bottom of the A pillar before it stops fully. No pulling and pushing will make it go any further so figuring it's either blocked and terminated by some previous owner (maybe)......or just never been connected.

So - question is HOW to I get access to the bottom of the A pillar where the drain pipe is ?

Post #469126 Sat Aug 01 2015 2:33pm
wullie

Hi
Firstly be careful pushing anything down the drain tube you could puncture or dislocate it, The drain comes out either at the bulk head or the inner wing behind the wheel arch, behind the plastic wheel arch trim, I'm sure it's the latter. It may be blocked with dirt at the end. If you have access to an airline you could try blowing down it with an air nozzle preferably with rubber end to seal hole as you blow but be careful not to blow the tube apart or locate the end where the tube comes out the inner wing & clear it from there. Let us know how you get on.

Wullie Thumbs Up

Post #469248 Sun Aug 02 2015 7:02pm
TDV8_AutoB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Alaska White

Cheers Wullie, will give it a go and report back

Post #469262 Sun Aug 02 2015 8:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12