RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > New TSBs for knocking?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Leo

Kenya 
New TSBs for knocking?

Hi,
does anyone here have GTR access? If so, what are the new Technical Bulletins: LTB00198 and Special Service Message: SSM39112?

Cheers!

Post #213042 Sat Feb 21 2009 7:32pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Bobby . . . Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #213046 Sat Feb 21 2009 7:41pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

LTB000198 is a revision of LS204-11 (LS204-12 in ROW), an old bulletin where Land Rover basically says the knock noise is normal on cars with DR and there is nothing they can do... Confused Although the terminology has been revised slightly:

Quote:
SECTION: 204
Suspension 'Thud' Due to Repeated Steering Input - Dynamic Response Vehicles Only - Inspection Procedure
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Range Rover Sport (LS) with Dynamic Response only VIN: 6A900126 - Onwards
Model Year: 2006 - Onwards
CONDITION SUMMARY:
Situation: A customer may report a concern of an under-car 'thud' from the front or rear suspension, or an under-car 'pulse' / 'clicking' noise from the Dynamic Response valve block or hydraulic tubing, due to repeated left / right steering inputs. In some cases, the noise may be described as similar to 'water hammer', the noise experienced in a domestic water system when a faucet is turned off quickly.
NOTE: Changing any of the Dynamic Response system components will not eliminate the noise. Visual inspection for problems and torque checks must be completed.
The described noise is a characteristic of the Dynamic Response system and is generated when there is a sudden change in oil flow in the hydraulic circuit. This is a result of a direction control valve switching in response to driving inputs. The change in flow will be accompanied by a pressure pulse, which will be transmitted through the hydraulic and mechanical components associated with the system. The duration and amplitude of the pulse make it audible.
There are components of the Dynamic Response and associated systems that can influence the level of the noise.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Inspection Procedure detailed in this bulletin to check the associated systems.
PARTS:
No parts required; information purposes only.
WARRANTY:
No warranty information provided; information purposes only.
Normal warranty policy and procedures apply.

SSM39112 suggests removing front body dampers on DR equipped cars as they have been found to be a source for the knock noise.

Quote:
LS - Range Rover Sport
Title Straight Ahead Knock - Vehicles With Dynamic Response.
Last Modified 13-JAN-2009 11:47
Category Chassis
Symptom 304000 Suspension System
Content

Issue:
Low speed knock noise from suspension, on vehicles with dynamic response.

Cause:
Front body mount dampers, have been shown to be an important route for this noise. Recent testing has shown that vehicles fitted with dynamic response do not require front body mount dampers. If removal of the front body dampers is required, please use SRO code 77.10.89.28 Rear body mount dampers must still be fitted.

Action:
Bulletin LTB00123 has now been updated to include the removal of the front body mount dampers without refitting if required. Please follow the bulletin and submit an EPQR if the vehicle shows no recognizable change in the noise volume and is perceived unacceptable to the customer following removal of the dampers.

Be aware that dynamic response system noise during low speed side to side maneuvering is covered on TSB LS204-012 (LS204-011 for USA) as a vehicle characteristic.

Post #213047 Sat Feb 21 2009 7:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bet you won't get a refund for the cost of the removed dampers ............................ expect to see a few for sale by the unscrupulous to the unwary on Fleabay soon! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #213048 Sat Feb 21 2009 7:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

TB wrote:
Bobby . . .

. . . or Umbertob if he comes along first. Embarassed

Whistle Laughing Whistle Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #213053 Sat Feb 21 2009 7:58pm
Leo

Kenya 

Thanks! Thumbs Up

Wish I knew a good lawyer in the UK - the 'characteristic of the vehicle' part really Censored s me off.......

Post #213057 Sat Feb 21 2009 8:18pm
DMike

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Also...

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13306.html

Thumbs Up

Post #213156 Sun Feb 22 2009 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

My car has a slight knock from the front and ive coverd the aleady talked about issues, joints etc etc

It was only today ive had it on the ramp in my workshop again to try and locate the knock i have but as usual nothing seems to have play in it so it came of the ramp wit no conclusion Sad

However ive not tested or removed the front body shocks, ill give it a go tomorrow and see if it helps.

Pete 

Post #214048 Thu Feb 26 2009 10:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1