Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM

lav wrote:
brakes that work as they choose, sometimes sticking on causing the pedal to push back against my foot and making the car unstopable

Lav - I had EXACTLY that problem on my new 1st Oct 2009 delivery RRS TDV6 HSE. Happened twice. Put the Censored up me both times. I parked it up, called the dealer (Guy Salmon Portsmouth) and insisted they recover it back to the dealership.
I must say, the Dealer Principal was very good and understanding. I demanded a refund from LR - which got the guys on the phone at Head Office nervous and fawning over me. I ended up agreeing to have the brakes repaired and got my 1st service free and a free towbar fitted. Although I said that if it happened again they wouldn't speak to me, they'd speak to my lawyer.
Hasn't happened since. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #225480 Fri May 15 2009 12:55am
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

lav wrote:
sw. sorry if my methods are causing you offence. i will be sending letters to the top, no two ways about it. but ive been trying the nice and polite approach since the car was two weeks old, speaking to the highest people i can all the way. but brick walls are pretty hard and my head is getting sore. desparate is probably the best way to describe the way im feeling, and having spent the money i did on a brand new car, its a way i shouldnt be feeling. you must be able to see that, and if i thought softly softly would resolve it, like ive been trying since october, then id leave it at that, but it just isnt.

LAV, keep at it... It took 3.5 months to get LR to "assist me" into a new vehicle. Constant emailing and faxing was what did it, remember what I said about being 100% accurate LR will trip up at some point Whistle

I complained about how soft the alloys were and that they got knackered going accross a field. LR suggested as per the manual that i "should undertake some kind of off-road training as per page xx of the owners manual" - the cheeky barstewards sent me the pdf..... I sent a fax back suggesting "you should undertake some kind of reading training as stated on the fax I'm an off road instructor for the LR Wolf with the RAF"

I also complained about the soft Contis wearing out and they said "its a 4x4 and not a sports car and I was driving it too hard at roundabouts" fCensored So I suggested that they should remove the "sport" from the vehicle as they are in serious breach of the Trade Discriptions Act and as for the tyres all 4 were badly worn and that I was not in the habit of driving the wrong way on roundabouts Evil or Very Mad

I have to say it was painful and I did get the stealer on side and that really helps... if your stealer is no good bin them, show LR that your not happy and that you want to resolve it as much as they do.....if another stealer cant resolve it them go in guns blazing!

Good luck GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #225485 Fri May 15 2009 7:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Interesting thread.... keep us updated, lav - these cases are always worth recording for future owners should they be unfortunate enough to suffer similar issues Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #225504 Fri May 15 2009 8:53am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Another SW wrote:
Even if it knocks thousands off the value of everyone else's RRS in the process?

How exactly is your action going to help anyone else, by the way?

I sincerely hope that you DO NOT get a new car out of this... I would be very surprised if Trading Standards are endorsing this childish behaviour and as a Range Rover Sport owner you certainly do not have my support.

Wow calm down!! I wish you all the best lav. I can understand your frustration and anger I to have had some proplems with all the LR's I have owned, some have been resolved without a problem and some had to get me going 1st. Twisted Evil

I feel it is up to you to do what you feel necessary to achieve the right results at the end of the day it's your hard earned money. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #225521 Fri May 15 2009 10:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Another SW

United Kingdom 

mercuryl wrote:
lav wrote:
brakes that work as they choose, sometimes sticking on causing the pedal to push back against my foot and making the car unstopable

Lav - I had EXACTLY that problem on my new 1st Oct 2009 delivery RRS TDV6 HSE. Happened twice. Put the Censored up me both times. I parked it up, called the dealer (Guy Salmon Portsmouth) and insisted they recover it back to the dealership.
I must say, the Dealer Principal was very good and understanding. I demanded a refund from LR - which got the guys on the phone at Head Office nervous and fawning over me. I ended up agreeing to have the brakes repaired and got my 1st service free and a free towbar fitted. Although I said that if it happened again they wouldn't speak to me, they'd speak to my lawyer.
Hasn't happened since.

And that is precisely the way to deal with such issues... If you have a problem like this - stop driving it immediately (if you can Wink ), call LR Assist and refuse to drive it again until it's fixed...

If you carry on driving you have immediately trivialised the problem and dropped several places down the priority list for a resolution and, dare I say it, risk being labelled as a whingher just trying to get something for nothing.

Post #225527 Fri May 15 2009 11:14am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

fight ! Laughing Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #225529 Fri May 15 2009 11:17am
Another SW

United Kingdom 

Post #225531 Fri May 15 2009 11:19am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing 

Post #225547 Fri May 15 2009 11:49am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #225551 Fri May 15 2009 11:52am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Misery wrote:
I feel it is up to you to do what you feel necessary to achieve the right results at the end of the day it's your hard earned money. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Spot on Misery Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #225557 Fri May 15 2009 12:09pm
Baggins

Another SW wrote:
mercuryl wrote:
lav wrote:

Hasn't happened since.

And that is precisely the way to deal with such issues... If you have a problem like this - stop driving it immediately (if you can Wink ), call LR Assist and refuse to drive it again until it's fixed...

If you carry on driving you have immediately trivialised the problem and dropped several places down the priority list for a resolution and, dare I say it, risk being labelled as a whingher just trying to get something for nothing.

Oh dear, guy has problems with his motor and this is the sort of reply he gets to asking for help and advice. What a lovely touch.

Post #225592 Fri May 15 2009 3:30pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

This forum offers varying points of view Baggins, which is quite reasonable and tends to be no different to what might happen were we all down the pub Very Happy 

Post #225593 Fri May 15 2009 3:38pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

pub ! Shocked Pirates ! Shocked 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #225596 Fri May 15 2009 3:42pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

You're scarred for life aren't you? Laughing 

Post #225598 Fri May 15 2009 3:44pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

ja Sheep 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #225601 Fri May 15 2009 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>