RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Engine System Fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jonnylp

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Engine System Fault

On my 2.7 TDV6 2006 it shows and enigne fault when revving above 3,500 rpm whilst stationery !!

I have tried accelerating in sports mode and normal mode and it starts to stutter and cut out when you get to approx 3rd gear and around 3,500 revs.

It seems a little stuttery and did come up with a message along the lines of 'parking brake fault' when I first started it followed by the parking brake sign showing in an amber colour until I turned the vehicle off and back on

Anyone any ideas ? I was going to wait until tomorrow to call out Land Rover assist but not sure if the problem is intermittent and if so will the fault codes remain stored.

Any suggestions are most grateful.

Regards

Post #197927 Sat Nov 29 2008 5:21pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Call LR assist today. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #197928 Sat Nov 29 2008 5:31pm
Jonnylp

Couldn't call LR Assist out yesterday as we had a function to get to so left it until today.

LR Assist weren't available so they sent another breakdown companyto inspect it and resolve the issues however the problem has seemed to rectify itselft and unfortunately he doesn't have the necessary fault diagnostics to see what it was.

I asked if it needed to be booked into the dealers this week but he said that probably wasn't needed and it was a 'blip' in the computer !!!!!

Think I may ring the dealers tomorrow and book it in for a quick examination this week.

Anyone know how long it takes to get it onto the diagnostics to see if there is an error code stored ? Is this chargeable even though its under warranty but the initial problem has now disappeared ?

Thanks again for any advice.

Regards

Post #197995 Sun Nov 30 2008 11:55pm
Jonnylp

The problem happened again last week so I booked it into the dealers for them to take a look.

They have just called and confirmed that the ECU needed reprogramming. The ECU incorrectly thought that the vehicle was a manual and not automatic and hence the errors regarding the transmission and parking brake were linked to this.

Should be ok now with a bit of luck !!

Post #209921 Wed Feb 04 2009 4:02pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Jonnylp wrote:
The ECU incorrectly thought that the vehicle was a manual and not automatic

ECU from a D3 then! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #209933 Wed Feb 04 2009 5:26pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Sounds like they are totaly full of s*it to me.

The ecu can not think its the wrong one, eg Manual instead of auto, and just as VA said D3 manual on a RRS, i dont think so.

The ecu has a software code inside it that IDS dealer tool uses to ID the varient of software needed, the only possibile way this can be wrong is.

The factory programed the car wrong in the first place, and thats not the case as the dash would show 123456 instead of D N P etc etc, so thats out of the question as your car is a RRS.
And also the gear change on the auto box does not work if a manual varient is used.

Or been remaped and the software code inside the car is wrong for some reason, so the IDS tool made ID of a D3 manual. Which i doubt.

Or more likey the dealer is full of ***** and he had updated the software reset the fault codes to get it out of the workshop and told you he/she found the cure/problem.

Sorry for my honesty lol

Regards Pete 

Post #210273 Fri Feb 06 2009 8:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigMart

United Kingdom 

Jonny,

I had the same symptoms on my 06 TDV6.
ISTR there is a TSB about it which affects early cars , something about the engines "calculated" torque figure being different the actual. This is all part of the ECU cross checking health function.
The TSB calls for later software for the engine (and gearbox I think) to sort it out.

I updated my powertrain software for the latest version and happy days.

I agree with Pete about your dealer. I think he's trying to baffle you with b*ll Censored .
If the car configuration file called for a manual transmission instead of auto you'd have a bagful of problems not just an engine system fault.

NB..(Car configuration file is to the car what the registry is to Windows on your computer)

If you are ever passing near I can show you your car configuration on IDS if you are interested.
alternatively look over on rangerovers.net in the diagnostic section and bbspy gives a good explanantion.

Mart Jaguar XF 3.0D Portfolio
RRS TDV6 HSE 2006 , Zermatt , Gone

Post #210374 Sat Feb 07 2009 5:21pm
Jonnylp

Pete / Mart

Thanks for the updates.

Really appreciate you both sharing your knowledge and the total honesty. Bow down

This now gives me the warning to pay particular attention to it happening again and get it straight back to the dealer to be sorted out properly and not some jargon about the manual / auto computer confusion.

The car is April 06 so maybe its the earlier software and they have now installed the later version, and fingers crossed resolved the issue.

Many thanks

Post #210423 Sun Feb 08 2009 8:46am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Jonny, if the car is an April 06 car then in theory it should have had at least 2 dealer services by now - I would be asking why the updates haven't been done, as usually dealers apply the upgrades while the car is being serviced.
It's often why the car has to stay in the delaers an extra day - some of the software upgrades take a long time time to download. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210443 Sun Feb 08 2009 11:23am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1