Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bell Auto Services Switchable Re-Map
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Bell Auto Services Switchable Re-Map

Hi All,

I thought I should share this with you all and especially anyone thinking of re-mapping their RR/RRS whether it be a TDV6 or a TDV8.

I have been fortunate enought to deal with Pete Bell (owner of Bell Auto Services - http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk/index.php) on the re-mapping of my Defender TDCi and have over the last 6 months enjoyed the increased power his re-map has offered with the switchable system having been adopted over the last 4 months Thumbs Up

As well as owning the Defender you may well be aware that I have a RRS TDV8 which is now some 12 months old and has 12k on the clock having just had its first service a week or so ago.

When I first drove the TDV8 it took me about 15 seconds to make up my mind that I had to have one, due to the power, sound and shear fun of driving such a beast on the road. Since then I have always said they have more than enough power and that they did not really need to be re-mapped etc but could be a little more frugal when drinking the liquid called diesel.

As a result I contacted Pete who invited me down to his workshop to see what he could do - I kind of think he already knew but was keeping me guessing Smile

So on Friday last I went down and spent the afternoon with him chatting about LR products in general as well as chatting about the TDV8. On the way down to York I averaged 24.3 MPG which is not bad for me, as the journey is a combination of dual carriageway and A roads.

He asked if I would agree to him re-mapping my RRS to see what I thought and if I was not happy he could put her back to standard.

It took him a short while and then said I could take her out for a drive and WOW what a difference Bow down Thumbs Up Bow down

If you thought your TDV8 was quick then think again, Censored me, now that the re-map is on she pulls stronger, sounds better with a slight increase in rear end burble, and is all together much smoother - not that she was not smooth anyway but she is just much more responsive and ready to go in any gear Exclamation Exclamation

After I returned Pete asked me what I thought and I instantly said "the map was on to stay but could I have a switchable system just in case I need to go back to the stealers etc" Question Obviously the answer was yes, so that was that Very Happy Very Happy

Pete asked that I re-set the trip computer and record the milage on the way home - he said this with a grin so I suspected something and guess what, doing the exact reverse journy I averaged 27.6 MPG which is a 3.3 MPG increase and with more power and instant throttle responce Thumbs Up Bow down Thumbs Up

Pete Bell, you are a GOD and many thanks for your help, patience and switchable re-map system Very Happy Thumbs Up Very Happy "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Last edited by Japseroony on Tue Apr 28 2009 5:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #197307 Mon Nov 24 2008 2:29pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi All,

Well I thought it time I wrote an up-date on the Bell Auto Services Switchable Re-map.

Since I had the re-map put on the TDV8 I have covered over 6000 miles and can honestly say I have not had any problems whatsoever Smile Smile

She has been into the stealers on 2 seperate occasions for work under wattanty and both times I have taken the re-map off and as soon as I get her back it is put back on (takes about 2 mins each time).

The TDV8 engine really does sound awesome and once the re-map is added she sounds even better with just a subtle amount of extra rumble from the back end.

With regards to the extra power, well again this is subtle but very noticable. The power is more instant and over the full rev range.

Fuel consumption is roughly the same overall, but on a long journey it is up slightly Thumbs Up

Anyone thinking of a re-map, I would not hesitate in recommending Pete Bell and his switchable re-map Bow down "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Last edited by Japseroony on Tue Apr 28 2009 5:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #218848 Mon Mar 23 2009 12:28pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nice one Russell... well done, Pete Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #218859 Mon Mar 23 2009 12:48pm
K2WDF

I was considering a remap for my tdv6 as my friend owns diamond tunning,when i asked about it he said he has heard a few storys about remapped tdv6's,he said that he has heard from other tuners that the tdv6 gearbox cant cope once its been remapped and that they have needed replacement gearboxes but then he hes also heard from other tdv6 owners that there has never been any issues with the gearboxs,anyone heard of any problems with the gearboxs once they are remapped ????

Post #220185 Sun Mar 29 2009 4:25pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

The TDV6's power is no problem for the Box, if your tuner looks inside he file he will find LandRovers recomended max working limit for the bos and the other engine related components in plane text.

well binary.

Pete 

Post #220187 Sun Mar 29 2009 4:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mark jolly

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

ive just had my tdv6 rrs remapped by overfinch,the car had already had some sort of remapping previous to me buying it but it just didnt feel as quick as was suggested,the overfinch chip has been on since friday and WOW what a major differance,not only thru torque but also mpg.i also had the colour coded engine cover in back and grey with the overfinch logo which looks amazing. RRS-2.7hse overfinch engine upgrade-java black-ivory leather-22"overfinch supersports-hst bodykit-colour coded handles-side steps-09 clear rear lights and indicators-chrome wing mirrors-piano black interior and ivory overfich speedo dials.

Post #220203 Sun Mar 29 2009 7:43pm
bellautos

Funny because i just seen an RRS by overfinch today while i was driving, they have a trick rear badge for the bottom of the tailgate Smile

I want one hehe.

Pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Mon Mar 30 2009 8:24am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #220204 Sun Mar 29 2009 7:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bex

mark jolly wrote:
ive just had my tdv6 rrs remapped by overfinch,the car had already had some sort of remapping previous to me buying it but it just didnt feel as quick as was suggested,the overfinch chip has been on since friday and WOW what a major differance,not only thru torque but also mpg.i also had the colour coded engine cover in back and grey with the overfinch logo which looks amazing.

Sorry to make you sick but Overfinch are a Superchips dealer so you've just paid over the odds for your remap....I made the same unfortunate mistake many years ago Confused

Post #220229 Mon Mar 30 2009 7:27am
Vogue

Bex,

I've heard exactly that more times than I can count...

Post #220242 Mon Mar 30 2009 10:12am
bex

Vogue wrote:
Bex,

I've heard exactly that more times than I can count...

It still amazes me how many people still get 'caught' out because they rely on the brand name Evil or Very Mad

I'm sure I heard years ago that for some time B&O dvd players were actually Phillips units underneath the 'skin'

And no I didnt buy one and no you cant sell me a 2nd hand car or double glazing Rolling with laughter

Post #220292 Mon Mar 30 2009 1:37pm
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

but beyond people been "caught" to that trap, is Superchips product any good, better or worse than those discussed in this forum (by our site sponsors)

PS. @Mods: if you think that we need to open a new thread no problem 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Last edited by diamond on Mon Mar 30 2009 6:41pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #220302 Mon Mar 30 2009 3:02pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Overfinch must have changed suppliers then because the program they were using was supplied by Turbochip. Who also supply Autologic and Racing Green (and no doubt a few others) last time I looked into it about 3 years ago.

So I went with JE on my TDV6 who make and sell their own product tested on LR's. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #220311 Mon Mar 30 2009 3:52pm
mark jolly

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

bex wrote:
mark jolly wrote:
ive just had my tdv6 rrs remapped by overfinch,the car had already had some sort of remapping previous to me buying it but it just didnt feel as quick as was suggested,the overfinch chip has been on since friday and WOW what a major differance,not only thru torque but also mpg.i also had the colour coded engine cover in back and grey with the overfinch logo which looks amazing.

Sorry to make you sick but Overfinch are a Superchips dealer so you've just paid over the odds for your remap....I made the same unfortunate mistake many years ago Confused

looks like i get caught out then!oh well at least i got a nice shiny red and black engine cover....gutted. RRS-2.7hse overfinch engine upgrade-java black-ivory leather-22"overfinch supersports-hst bodykit-colour coded handles-side steps-09 clear rear lights and indicators-chrome wing mirrors-piano black interior and ivory overfich speedo dials.

Post #220317 Mon Mar 30 2009 4:00pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Never mind. As long as you are happy. Hope the cover was free Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #220321 Mon Mar 30 2009 4:05pm
bellautos

Comment removed by bellautos.

Pete 

Last edited by bellautos on Fri Apr 03 2009 5:57pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #220346 Mon Mar 30 2009 7:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>