RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Which Software-Updates does my RRS need (first reg 03/2006)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Which Software-Updates does my RRS need (first reg 03/2006)

Hi,

I realized yesterday that my RRS (first registered 03/2006) does not have the Satnav update for entry on the move, it also doesn't have the update that changes the PDC (my PDC always engages depending on the speed, as far as I know it should only engage by reversing or hitting the button with the latest updates?!).

Although the car has been serviced in march 2008 for the last time it seems it didn't get the latest updates.

I would like to take it to the dealer and let him do all the latest software updates. Unfortunately the two available dealers here are not the best informed dealers on earth... Rolling Eyes Laughing

Therefore I would like to know which software updates, i.e. which kind of update (Satnav, ECU, etc.) and which version (e.g. 2.1.0.4 or something like that), exist for my car and which of them are the latest that should be done, so that I can tell the dealer exactly what to install!
It would be really great if anyone could help!

Thanks a lot! Smile

Post #197274 Mon Nov 24 2008 12:40pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The Sat Nav and phone updates will only be done if you ask for them - you will probably be charged for the pleasure. As for ECU updates these will be done if needed when the car is in for service and you will not be informed. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #197275 Mon Nov 24 2008 12:45pm
McBunny

Very Annoyed wrote:
The Sat Nav and phone updates will only be done if you ask for them - you will probably be charged for the pleasure.

I am aware I will have to pay for them. Confused But I would like to know what the latest update is called to tell them clearly what to install. Wink

Very Annoyed wrote:
As for ECU updates these will be done if needed when the car is in for service and you will not be informed.

Yes, that should be it. Due to the fact I know the dealer I would like to be sure that the latest ECU update is installed. Wink Is there any name for it and can I find out if it is installed?

As for the park distance control software-update: Is this the same thing as phone and satnav updates? Or should the dealer have done that with any ECU update?

Are there any other updates besides the mentioned that can be done or should be done and what do they do?

Thanks a lot.

Post #197276 Mon Nov 24 2008 12:53pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Why would you want to have the PDC come on only when pressing a button? Confused

This was what the Q7 was like and it annoyed the Censored out of me.

IMHO, I find it much better to come on automatically Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #197279 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:09pm
McBunny

Because I live in the city and it keeps beeping all the time at the lights which is kind of annoying. Confused Anyway that is no important point to me I just realized it and as far as I know this is part of a software update by the dealer which is why I now doubt whether the other updates have been done properly. Question
(Besides the satnav update which I know has not been done. Rolling Eyes )

Post #197280 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:12pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

IS it not easier and safer to have to switch it off if it annoys you and it then automatically re-engages than to forget to switch it on if manouvering and wait for the crunch?

Just MHO... Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #197282 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:14pm
McBunny

Supertrotter wrote:
IS it not easier and safer to have to switch it off if it annoys you and it then automatically re-engages than to forget to switch it on if manouvering and wait for the crunch?

Just MHO... Thumbs Up

It is cheaper in fact (because I know the day will come when I forget to switch it on again and while I will wonder why it doesn't beep the car will crash into the wall... Wink ) and as I said I do not need this update in particular.
The reason why I am interested in this and why I realized it is due to the fact it has not been done and the satnav update also has not been done I wonder whether other updates that might be more important (e.g. ECU updates) could have been "forgotten" as well?! Question

Could I make clear what I am on about? I know my English is not the best. Confused

Post #197284 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:21pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Bunny... ask Mr. Taxxis from the Schwabengarage - he is a bit Rolling Eyes but when you explain your problems long enough he will help you fro free (SatNav included) 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #197286 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

Thanks Angel, I'll try to call him in the afternoon. If I could get it for free, that would be perfect, if not I wouldn't care too much as long as I can be sure that my car has all the latest updates. Cool

btw: I was on the way to dinner with Mrs McBunny yesterday when I saw a black RRS with a little chrome flag on the back parked on the street. I had already passed it when I realized it could have been yours so I don't know the license plate therefore I don't know if it was yours but I think there are not too many black RRS with the flag on the back here, so I think it must have been yours. It really is a very nice car.
Thumbs Up
I have to get my tinted windows and my 20" really soon... Cool

Post #197291 Mon Nov 24 2008 1:47pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

well there aren't to much RRS here in Stuttgart - it was ours i guess - we have moved to a new home and now it sleeps in the street since my wife hate parking decks.. ....

Btw i use 19 inch wheels for the *wannabe winter* now..

Click image to enlarge

L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #197301 Mon Nov 24 2008 2:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Apologies McBunny, nothing wrong with your English, just with my ability to read it properly Embarassed Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #197313 Mon Nov 24 2008 3:13pm
McBunny

@ST:
No problem. I'm used to not be understood because I talk a lot without saying a thing quite sometimes. Embarassed (I should have become a politician... Mr. Green )

@Angel:
Well, then you have a really nice view on the most beautiful town on earth. Thumbs Up

I also have to stick with the 19" through the winter, because I have decided to drive the 19" until spring because there are almost new winter-tyres on them. So I'll have to live with the 19" a few months. Big Cry But I want the 20" as fast as possible so that I can look at them and imagine they would already be on the car! Mr. Green Laughing

Post #197316 Mon Nov 24 2008 3:53pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Problem with ST is he speaks more greece than english since 2 years Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #197320 Mon Nov 24 2008 4:26pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Laughing Signomi? Borite na metafrasete afto, parakalo? Confused Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad

Post #197322 Mon Nov 24 2008 4:47pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Shocked mom - help..... Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #197328 Mon Nov 24 2008 5:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1